• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Flynn

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If you are suggesting that Harbaugh believes Smith is our future, then I have to respectfully disagree.

Given the circumstances Harbaugh came into, I'm not sure Harbaugh saw Alex as a QB that 'fit his system' as much as he saw him as a QB he would have to make 'work in his system'.

At some point even Alex has to look around at what is going on with offenses in the NFL and realize that sooner rather than later we are simply going need more than what his current skill-set would suggest he has to offer.

Harbaugh said it, not me. but then the question is how long is 'future' for Harbaugh?

there's no doubt in my mind he'll continue to develop another QB, thats only natural. the question is how soon will he be ready? cause that'll define the beginning of 'future'.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know that Harbaugh sees it otherwise. Most of us see Smith as our present. That's what Harbaugh sees.

He decided to pursue Smith because other options were slim, and he still pursued Hasselbeck.

Harbaugh said Alex Smith is our future, so what does he see?

whether it was Alex Smith or Hasslebeck, its a response to what came first...system or QB? so even if it was Hasslebeck, the system came first.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Harbaugh said it, not me. but then the question is how long is 'future' for Harbaugh?

there's no doubt in my mind he'll continue to develop another QB, thats only natural. the question is how soon will he be ready? cause that'll define the beginning of 'future'.

I believe Harbaugh will have Kap ready by early next season. At that point I think Harbaugh will ride Alex for as far as Alex will take us.

At some point we are going to need more from Alex than what he produced this season. And, as long as Alex can meet the demand, he starts, when he can no longer meet the demand - he sits.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Harbaugh will have Kap ready by early next season. At that point I think Harbaugh will ride Alex for as far as Alex will take us.

At some point we are going to need more from Alex than what he produced this season. And, as long as Alex can meet the demand, he starts, when he can no longer meet the demand - he sits.

I am quietly waiting on Kap(Prime) to come out and show us some real good(trading up in the 2nd for him, better!)

For Kap, learning Harbs offense, being part of a winning team(season wise), now playoffs... he should be benefiting a lot and hopefully is learning the speed, play, decision making and etc.. of the QB position.

Plus, what looks like to be a stronger OL down the road with adequate weapons as of now, he has a better situation here than Alex did back in his rookie days.

I do want to see if Kap can do it cuz preseason showed me a little little.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Has anyone mentioned that this was just one game?
Flynn had a heck of a game but one game is a pretty small sample.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am quietly waiting on Kap(Prime) to come out and show us some real good(trading up in the 2nd for him, better!)

For Kap, learning Harbs offense, being part of a winning team(season wise), now playoffs... he should be benefiting a lot and hopefully is learning the speed, play, decision making and etc.. of the QB position.

Plus, what looks like to be a stronger OL down the road with adequate weapons as of now, he has a better situation here than Alex did back in his rookie days.

I do want to see if Kap can do it cuz preseason showed me a little little.

I agree with all of this...

The thing that I can't get out of my mind with Kap is his pass to Walker vs. TB. It must have taken him 7 months to wind-up, but when he released the pass, I was like, "holy shit!" The rotation, velocity, and accuracy that came out of that wind-up was quite eye-brow raising...

I was disappointed when we allowed StL back in the game, we would have had Kap for a good ~20 minutes.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Harbaugh said Alex Smith is our future, so what does he see?

whether it was Alex Smith or Hasslebeck, its a response to what came first...system or QB? so even if it was Hasslebeck, the system came first.

Because when coaches are talking to the media about players they are always completely 100% honest and open.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flynn is going to get quite a bit of money if he hits the free agent market. I'm thinking as low as 8 mill and as high as 12 mill per year. Seattle sports radio has been talking about him since mid season and with their GM being from Green Bay he knows all about Flynn. John Clayton on the radio also mentioned Holmgren in Cleveland being strongly interested in Flynn.

With that in mind Green Bay could easily find a trade partner if they decide to franchise tag him, but the scare is they have to use the tag in February with March 8th being when Free Agency starts. Per Clayton, you can't trade until March 13th so the Packers will have a huge chunk of money eating cap space when free agency starts and they lose 5 days to other teams.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone mentioned that this was just one game?
Flynn had a heck of a game but one game is a pretty small sample.

If you throw 6 tds and put up 480 yds of passing in one game... I don't care what anyone says that takes a tremendous amount of talent.