• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Flynn

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably about 4-6M per year short with that offer. His agent wouldn't even take that to him.

I would be willing to go higher if our QB situation wasn't what it is. Alex helped us to a 13-3 season and we haven't even given CK a chance. If only we could see him play 2-3 more games.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Kolb signed a six year contract at about 10.3mil per with 21mil guaranteed. Flynn isn't getting less than that.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would be willing to go higher if our QB situation wasn't what it is. Alex helped us to a 13-3 season and we haven't even given CK a chance. If only we could see him play 2-3 more games.

I understand that, but then you aren't serious about getting him.

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$$$$$$$$$$

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Kolb signed a six year contract at about 10.3mil per with 21mil guaranteed. Flynn isn't getting less than that.

Yep, I completely agree. I know that technically, Kolb was traded, but he was sort of a Free Agent last year. He was openly available, and the interested teams had to fight for his approval before they came to an agreement with the Eagles.

Plus, like I said earlier. Kolb hasn't done anything terribly exciting in his starts with the Eagles. While Flynn lost a 27-31 Shootout in New England a year ago, with a 3 TD 1 INT performance.. and just had his miracle game today. Both playoff opponents. So, I think that small sample will make people interested. Dolphins need a QB, and one who can keep up with Brady is a requirement for them. Plus, Seattle is desperate for a QB. Interest from multiple teams tends to drive the price up even higher.

If Harbaugh and Roman are interested, fine. I have no desire to see Flynn as a 49er though.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kolb had played in 19 games prior to being traded. We have only really seen Flynn in about 3 games. You think teams will be willing to give him that big of a contract based on that? There are a ton of QB's in this draft. Who do you think would give him that type of deal?

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kolb had played in 19 games prior to being traded. We have only really seen Flynn in about 3 games. You think teams will be willing to give him that big of a contract based on that? There are a ton of QB's in this draft. Who do you think would give him that type of deal?

Agreed. A much bigger sample for Kolb. Flynn won't get all the hype that Kolb got. I bet he stays at GB.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It would tell us something about him if Harbaugh does go after him. I have a feeling though that, in Harbaugh's eyes, Smith has earned another year as a starter. I don't see them making a top flight Qb a priority next year. I think they'll go after someone who can catch the ball.

It is going to be interesting to see what kind of offer Smith receives this off-season

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think teams would. The 3 games isn't much of a negative, the QBs they can draft have played zero games. I think Miami would be interested, since they are desperate for a QB. Plus he did pretty decent against their division rivals, the Patiots... in Foxboro.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that, but then you aren't serious about getting him.

It's a big risk and i recognize that. No, i guess not, but i still like what I have seen from him and I'm fairly certain he is the real deal.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think teams would. The 3 games isn't much of a negative, the QBs they can draft have played zero games. I think Miami would be interested, since they are desperate for a QB. Plus he did pretty decent against their division rivals, the Patiots... in Foxboro.

Miami and Washington would both be wise to consider it IMO.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's a big risk and i recognize that. No, i guess not, but i still like what I have seen from him and I'm fairly certain he is the real deal.

In which case you should be willing to offer something more than 12M over 4 years.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami and Washington would both be wise to consider it IMO.

Oh, I forgot about Washington. I think Shanny would be interested in a groomed WCO QB for sure. I was just thinking Miami and Seattle.

Don't forget this either, McCarthy has a reputation for developing QBs. He was credited with Aaron Brooks in New Orleans while he was the offensive coordinator from 2000-2004. Brooks put up some great years there. I think Nolan hired him precisely for that, to develop his #1 pick. Rodgers' success has only bolstered that reputation, and from the three games we've seen Flynn.. there isn't any reason to doubt that McCarthy has groomed another QB who can start in the NFL.

I think a lot of the hype with Kolb came from Reid's reputation to develop and groom QBs, so McCarthy's rep will probably help Flynn in the same way.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is going to be interesting to see what kind of offer Smith receives this off-season

I think he'll get the same type of deal as Hass... well, I hope that is all he gets. 3 years 21 million. Seems fair for a guy who isn't tearing up the stat sheet, or considered one of the best QBs in the league by anyone other than Harbaugh.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would really prefer it if you guys did not pick up Matt Fynn.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think he'll get the same type of deal as Hass... well, I hope that is all he gets. 3 years 21 million. Seems fair for a guy who isn't tearing up the stat sheet, or considered one of the best QBs in the league by anyone other than Harbaugh.

Yeah, I think I put up either a 2/15 or a 3/21...anything more would make me cringe...

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In which case you should be willing to offer something more than 12M over 4 years.

I could be easily persuaded. We wouldn't be able to throw big contracts at Smith and Flynn unfortunately, so we would more or likely have to make a choice between the 2. Yeah, i would be willing to go higher, letting Smith go would be tough after what he's finally been able to accomplish this year. I realize it's a business and everything, but if this were any other year it would be a much easier choice.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I forgot about Washington. I think Shanny would be interested in a groomed WCO QB for sure. I was just thinking Miami and Seattle.

Don't forget this either, McCarthy has a reputation for developing QBs. He was credited with Aaron Brooks in New Orleans while he was the offensive coordinator from 2000-2004. Brooks put up some great years there. I think Nolan hired him precisely for that, to develop his #1 pick. Rodgers' success has only bolstered that reputation, and from the three games we've seen Flynn.. there isn't any reason to doubt that McCarthy has groomed another QB who can start in the NFL.

I think a lot of the hype with Kolb came from Reid's reputation to develop and groom QBs, so McCarthy's rep will probably help Flynn in the same way.

Seattle has a strange QB situation. They could go with Jackson for another year, but since they aren't breaking the bank for him they could probably afford to pick up Flynn.

McCarthy was unable to groom Brian Brohm, who they picked before Matt Flynn in the very same draft.