• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Flynn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
LMFAO!!!!!!

You'll LMFAO, act like a toughguy badass and tell clyde or anyone else here off cuz you just don't care. Get banned, then make another id and come back on here.

And you think people on here are losers.... nicefuckinflop.... not enough bites on espn huh doomsday

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
What a cop-out answer?

It matters because you're declaring him a great QB and there is a salary cap which limits how much money a team can spend.

So, how much are you willing to pay him?

Yikes!! Way to soon to talk like that.
He may look good in Packers system, but don't forget how great Cassel looked in Pats system.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yikes!! Way to soon to talk like that.
He may look good in Packers system, but don't forget how great Cassel looked in Pats system.

Do you expect him to play in the playoffs? He's a FA in march, poleskin is talking about how he's a great QB and the Niners would be foolish to not sign him.

What can change between now and March that will lower his value?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anyone that pays Flynn should sign Alex Smith at the same time, so when Flynn struggles when he plays on a team where he doesn't get infinite time in the pocket to make decisions and gets sacked or throws ints, he gets benched in comes Alex and shows him how to dink and dunk and make safe throws. Flynn realizes he has more ceiling than that and starts again, plays really well.

Much like the Hasslebeck and Dilfer dynamic from years ago.

Be hard to play Flynn something like what Kolb got for 1 game started and garbage time duty, he will likely get at least Kolb money, or in that ballpark

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Green Bay is not really missing much on offense with Rodgers on the bench which raises the question. How much of their offense is really Rodgers? Is Matt Flynn just that good or is the entire Green Bay offense because of great play calling and WR's who can make plays?

I doubt this does much to hurt Rodgers chances at the MVP, but it makes me wonder how much of that team is because of him when his backup steps in and the team doesn't miss a beat.

it's only one game. i think it's similar to the pats where cassell looked great coming in for brady. green bay is a well oiled machine.

also a reason why i think brees is mvp. brees just completely controls the flow of the game and picks apart defenses.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does it matter? They're all overpaid.

It matters because there is a salary cap, with the 49ers having several players as Free Agents, a few of them are Pro Bowlers. So, the price you'd be willing to pay for Flynn would mean you'd have to decide who the 49ers let go as well.

To throw an idiot a bone, Kolb commanded 60 million dollars without doing anything terribly exciting during his starts in Philadelphia. While Flynn has been involved in two shootouts with Playoff Teams. Last year he kept up with Brady and the Pats when Rodgers was injured, and he just won a shootout with Stafford.

Hell, Kolb threw 9 TDs all year, and 7 TDs all last season. Flynn just had 6 TDs in a game.

You think about that stuff, and this QB needy league... he is going to be a desired Free Agent. Miami is certainly drooling over a QB who can keep up with Brady... I'm sure Seattle just took notice too, and they both have deeper pockets than the 49ers. So, it is important... it's not like you're the only guy on the planet who just noticed Flynn

You're probably just the only one who got excited over the prospects of trolling the board and saying the 49ers suck for not signing him, and here you are laying the ground work for your future trolling.

*edit* Sorry, the QB FA Market commanded 60 million for Kolb, not his play. I know he was traded, but, Arizona wouldn't have paid him that much if it wasn't something the QB Market demands

Last edited by a moderator:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is, a few weeks ago it was all about how Greg Jennings was carrying the team according to certain fans here...and he wasn't playing today.

Matt Flynn is good. Question answered.

We're just glad you didn't have to choke out your daughter today... whew

jakea31

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think Harbaugh had Johnson in college, did he not?

Yeah, at University of San Diego (USD)

At just wanted to add that I would be interested in bringing him to the 49ers, but it depends on the price. I remember he was in the East Bay before the season and he said that he wanted to play for the 49ers after they signed Harbaugh. I think he was asked if he wanted to be traded to the 49ers to play for his old coach and his answer was "yes."

Also, interesting bit of information, his cousin is Marshawn Lynch

Last edited by a moderator:

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tough call for us. If we pay Alex a new contract and have Kaepernick in training it makes things difficult. I don't expect us to just let Alex walk, so i doubt we go after him. I really like what i have seen from him, but teams also have not had the chance to study him much on film. I would give him 3 years for 12 million or under easily. I think he's proven that he's at least worth that much and that's not going to break the salary cap at 4 mil per year.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Do you expect him to play in the playoffs? He's a FA in march, poleskin is talking about how he's a great QB and the Niners would be foolish to not sign him.

What can change between now and March that will lower his value?

Lower his value from what? There's no value put on him right now.
If Thompson sets the value, it'll be very high. Just like the Eagles and Pats when they traded their backups.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lower his value from what? There's no value put on him right now.
If Thompson sets the value, it'll be very high. Just like the Eagles and Pats when they traded their backups.

The only way for Thompson to set the value is to franchise him. He's a FA. Unless GB tags him, he can sign where ever he wants. How do you propose Thompson sets his value? Do you think he would be willing to give him more to back up Rodgers than teams like the Dolphins would give him to start?

So to answer your first question, to lower his value from whatever it is right now.

This is not like when Philly traded their backup. It's similar to when NE traded Cassell, who was franchised.

So again I ask, what is he worth on the OPEN MARKET AS A FA?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's a tough call for us. If we pay Alex a new contract and have Kaepernick in training it makes things difficult. I don't expect us to just let Alex walk, so i doubt we go after him. I really like what i have seen from him, but teams also have not had the chance to study him much on film. I would give him 3 years for 12 million or under easily. I think he's proven that he's at least worth that much and that's not going to break the salary cap at 4 mil per year.

You're probably about 4-6M per year short with that offer. His agent wouldn't even take that to him.