• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mass Casualty Monday

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staley should already have his pink slip. Give it to him in the locker room. Don't even let him on the plane. Pick up Sean Payton on the way back to LA
In the locker room telling Staley you need to talk to him. Suddenly Stone cold music starts & Payton comes struting down the aisle!

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he was apart of the give away the future for right now scenario?
No?

I didn't read about that but I'm sure he was. That stated, the Parcells quote about "if they expect you to be the chef you should at least be able to shop for the groceries" comes to mind. Sometimes people don't know how good they have it until they're in a situation that is just untenable.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fwiw, as much as we want to write off the Rams, getting their guys back healthy and fixing the OL really is all they need. Not sure about WR after Kupp. Maybe Robinson earns his paycheck. They have some work to do to get some salary cap space because they are really top heavy on the cap. And they need to find some talent in later draft picks but Snead can do it. A lot will depend on Stafford though. If he can get and stay healthy and they can keep him standing, they have a shot to be competitive. As good as Mayfield looked at times in relief, he just isn't good enough to be a starter, imo.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see if both L.A. jobs come open soon. Does McVay step away to the broadcast booth for a break? And does Staley get canned after next weeks loss to the Jaguars? (Yeah, I said it and y'all are thinking it, lol)
Well now

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Hu, the McVay question has been answered. He's staying put. I guess we will see what happens with Staley. That was an epic choke.
You certainly called the Chargers loss.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Cowboys head coach Mike McCarthy's job "is safe" regardless of the team's Wild Card game outcome.​

Rapoport was only repeating what Cowboys general manager Jerry Jones said in an interview earlier this week. He did, however, add that Sean Payton does not consider Dallas a potential landing spot, adding more evidence to the claim that McCarthy is already locked in for the 2023 season. After getting to 12-5 in consecutive years, even a quick playoff exit to end this season won't cost McCarthy his job.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Cowboys head coach Mike McCarthy's job "is safe" regardless of the team's Wild Card game outcome.​

Rapoport was only repeating what Cowboys general manager Jerry Jones said in an interview earlier this week. He did, however, add that Sean Payton does not consider Dallas a potential landing spot, adding more evidence to the claim that McCarthy is already locked in for the 2023 season. After getting to 12-5 in consecutive years, even a quick playoff exit to end this season won't cost McCarthy his job.
I never thought McCarthy's job was in question this year.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk is Staley might keep his job. We forget the cheap Spanos doesn't want to pay two coaches in the same year. Then give the Saints draft picks for Payton too, that might be too much.

So Payton might not get any of LA jobs like he wanted.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk is Staley might keep his job. We forget the cheap Spanos doesn't want to pay two coaches in the same year. Then give the Saints draft picks for Payton too, that might be too much.

Yeah, would not come as a surprise to anyone really. Spanos cares more about saving nickels than anything else, always has. He's the "Scrooge Mcduck" of the NFL.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, would not come as a surprise to anyone really. Spanos cares more about saving nickels than anything else, always has. He's the "Scrooge Mcduck" of the NFL.
It's not like Sean Payton is going to come in cheap either I'm sure he is looking for top dollar

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Everyone assumed Brian Dabboll would get the Chargers job over Staley. Dabboll played High School with their GM Tom Telsecon and did a great job developing an offense around a similar QB to Herbert in Allen. The Chargers blew that one.
Even if Payton is out of their price range I'd still like to see a guy like Kafka or Ben Johnson work with a QB as talented as Herbert.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shame, they need a good Head football coach in LA
:nod:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sean Payton said the Saints have informed him they want a mid-to-late first round pick as trade compensation.​

It's been widely assumed that at least one first round pick would be required of whatever team lands Payton this offseason, but that speculation has now been confirmed. Payton has been a hot name on the coaching market this offseason and met last Tuesday with the Broncos for an in-person interview. The Broncos, who traded away several first round picks to acquire Russell Wilson last offseason received a 2023 first round pick from the Dolphins when they traded away Bradley Chubb at the deadline. That pick could prove crucial in acquiring Payton if he decides to resume his coaching career in Denver.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Girl Facepalm GIF by HULU