• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mass Casualty Monday

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see if both L.A. jobs come open soon. Does McVay step away to the broadcast booth for a break? And does Staley get canned after next weeks loss to the Jaguars? (Yeah, I said it and y'all are thinking it, lol)
I still can't believe that McVay might step away to go do TV. There were so many TV jobs open last year and he passed.

I could see Staley get fired if they lose to the Jags. And they easily could. But would the Chargers be gambling that they could land Sean Payton or would the firing really be aimed at getting rid of Staley?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't believe that McVay might step away to go do TV. There were so many TV jobs open last year and he passed.

I could see Staley get fired if they lose to the Jags. And they easily could. But would the Chargers be gambling that they could land Sean Payton or would the firing really be aimed at getting rid of Staley?
I think the Chargers would be looking at it as more of getting rid of Staley. Not entirely his doing considering the injuries and such but he says and does some really dumb things and doesn't seem to be able to admit when he's wrong.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think coming off a SB win gave him some new life but this year's disaster has taken a toll. Not sure it's as much about what's out there as just needing a break.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for you as a Cards fan. This guy is completely incapable of sustainable success without Brees and Bounties. Just a total fraud. I don't see him having success unless he goes to a contender with a great QB in his prime.
I was wondering if anyone else thought this. He won 1 SB over 10 years ago and had 15 years with a HOF QB. And once that QB was gone and the cap hell finally caught up he bolted. If you wanna say he's a solid coach then sure but I am giving up a 1st rounder plus to acquire him. He's not that great.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can. Similar to Sean Payton, once it gets tough and cap hell cant be pushed back much further he's bolting.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering if anyone else thought this. He won 1 SB over 10 years ago and had 15 years with a HOF QB. And once that QB was gone and the cap hell finally caught up he bolted. If you wanna say he's a solid coach then sure but I am giving up a 1st rounder plus to acquire him. He's not that great.

My hatred for him as a human being could be clouding my judgement. But to me, the proof that he's an elite coach just isn't there.

And everything that's bad that happened to him since that SB, from Beastquake, to the Minneapolis Miracle to the non-PI has been Karma getting dropped on his head.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He wants a change of scenery and the chance to hit the reset button. They mortgaged the future seemingly multiple times making moves and dumping picks. Why not let someone else clean that shit up? He takes easy money for 3-4 years and works on his “brand” and then he can wait for the next great situation.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hatred for him as a human being could be clouding my judgement. But to me, the proof that he's an elite coach just isn't there.

And everything that's bad that happened to him since that SB, from Beastquake, to the Minneapolis Miracle to the non-PI has been Karma getting dropped on his head.
Yea they should have had a lot more playoff success. You can say some of those losses were bad luck but again you lost with Drew Brees when those teams had a basically retired Hasselbeck, Case Keenum and Jared Goff.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be even better news

Just curious why you would find this to be good news as a Cardinals fan? Payton had one of the all time great QB's for the majority of his HC stint and made it to one Super Bowl. I know the guy is considered very good but shouldn't there have been one or two more SB visits during his tenure?

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In another "McVay is gonna step away" sign, ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reports that Los Angeles will not block assistant coaches from seeking other jobs.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Commanders fire their OC Scott Turner.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious why you would find this to be good news as a Cardinals fan? Payton had one of the all time great QB's for the majority of his HC stint and made it to one Super Bowl. I know the guy is considered very good but shouldn't there have been one or two more SB visits during his tenure?
He’s a winner. He helped Brees become the player he was. Murray needs that.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see if both L.A. jobs come open soon. Does McVay step away to the broadcast booth for a break? And does Staley get canned after next weeks loss to the Jaguars? (Yeah, I said it and y'all are thinking it, lol)
That Micky Mouse voice should be nowhere near a broadcast booth.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McVay quitting because he’s looking at years of losing seems a foregone conclusion.

Not looking forward to that guy on TV, at all.

But am looking forward to “the McVay Coaching Tree” going away.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All those teams fucking suck wow don't even take the job if you're any good.
Are you kidding the NFC South is terrible, next year Carolina probably wins it