• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Undercurrent?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the implied criticism going on but not really worried in regards to ROTY and MVP (which by the way, seems absurd to me at week 7, given performances of players like Lamar, Goff, Henry etc)

Jayden is getting more shine from everyone than a rookie has ever received or seen.

If he gets derailed by injury, it might be bad luck but the durable narrative will never go away regardless. That’s why he must be a smart decision maker when it comes to avoidable hits.

Jayden will prove his excellence on the field over time and I’m sure he doesn’t want it any other way. In fact, he doesn’t place stock in the outside noise at all. It’s simply fans that get outraged.

Awards are an affirmation of excellence, being the leading candidate for ROTY is not to be dismissed. Being in the conversation for MVP must also not be dismissed because it's affirming as a rookie even though others are performing better.

Jayden Daniels has certainly garnered a lot of attention, but it's hard to say if it's more than any other rookie quarterback in history without a detailed comparison. However, his impressive start to the season has put him in the spotlight.
While it's clear that he's receiving significant attention, it's worth noting that other rookie quarterbacks like Dak Prescott and Robert Griffin III also had standout starts to their careers.

100% of NFL players get hurt!

Outside noise is just that...outside noise. While it's true that professionals in any field, including the NFL mustn't concern themselves with it.. it doesn't go away. Thanks to forums like this one, it has become a way of life for multiple billions across the globe including professionals. To underplay its importance is a disservice to intellectual (albeit sometimes dangerous) conversations.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awards are an affirmation of excellence, being the leading candidate for ROTY is not to be dismissed. Being in the conversation for MVP must also not be dismissed because it's affirming as a rookie even though others are performing better.

Jayden Daniels has certainly garnered a lot of attention, but it's hard to say if it's more than any other rookie quarterback in history without a detailed comparison. However, his impressive start to the season has put him in the spotlight.
While it's clear that he's receiving significant attention, it's worth noting that other rookie quarterbacks like Dak Prescott and Robert Griffin III also had standout starts to their careers.

100% of NFL players get hurt!

Outside noise is just that...outside noise. While it's true that professionals in any field, including the NFL mustn't concern themselves with it.. it doesn't go away. Thanks to forums like this one, it has become a way of life for multiple billions across the globe including professionals. To underplay its importance is a disservice to intellectual (albeit sometimes dangerous) conversations.
There’s nothing here I disagree with.

1) Never dismissed ROTY simply said I wasn't concerned with it as Jayden’s play on the field will lead to that or not.

2) whether Jayden ha received the most attention or not…. He certainly has been the darling of the NFL this year so far - that was really my point

3) Never said players don’t get hurt, said the narrative would NEVER go away with Jayden when he gets injured as that was always the narrative coming in to the NFL. There no stopping haters who don’t watch the player and/or have their agendas

4) I dismiss the hot takes and outside noise cuz I could give 2 shits about anything other than seeing this team and Jayden succeed.

That supersedes anything in the end To me

having fun debating on a message board/or paying attention to Media narratives have nothing to do with the team and Jayden’s success to me

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stymee did jim brown ever miss a game from injury? only nfl guy i bet did,nt.
First, I wrote "hurt" not injured, and of course, the GOAT Jim Brown was hurt in games he played through it/them. (Btw; There are no Jim Brown's playing in the game today)

Jim Brown, the legendary NFL running back, played during an era when concussions were not as well-documented or understood as they are today. He did recall sustaining a concussion during a game in a 1964 interview. However, specific records of how many times he experienced such injuries are not readily available. The culture of the time often led to players continuing to play despite head injuries. It’s a testament to his toughness and the different standards of player safety back then.

Damn, it's difficult finding information about injuries and concussions back then.​

There's not much here just a line or two and another link that I couldn't open.

Jim Brown on playing hurt and concussions - cleveland.com

Mar 2, 2010 · In an interview with Fanhouse.com reporter Terence Moore, Brown discusses playing hurt then and now. He also discussed the topic of concussions.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I am just lost here.

MM is a backup, one most of us held our breath of when Jayden went out hurt. His first few passes did nothing to ease the fear of him QBing the team. The fact that he ended up playing well and hanging 30 was great. IF he has to play another week or two I feel a little less nervous.

Daniels is the future of the team and had received a ton of accolades around the league. He has played well not only for a rookie but overall.

Many, including me were nervous about him taking hits. He is slender. I think what most of us are saying is "please be careful, don't take hits you don't have to take." That seems reasonable to me.

As for coaching ... don't we want good coaches. If they can help accelerate his game isn't that a good thing? As well as Daniels has played don't we all want him to continue to grow?

After almost 40 years of bad football who cares who gets what percentage of credit? All that I care is that it continues.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I wrote "hurt" not injured, and of course, the GOAT Jim Brown was hurt in games he played through it/them. (Btw; There are no Jim Brown's playing in the game today)

Jim Brown, the legendary NFL running back, played during an era when concussions were not as well-documented or understood as they are today. He did recall sustaining a concussion during a game in a 1964 interview. However, specific records of how many times he experienced such injuries are not readily available. The culture of the time often led to players continuing to play despite head injuries. It’s a testament to his toughness and the different standards of player safety back then.

Damn, it's difficult finding information about injuries and concussions back then.​

There's not much here just a line or two and another link that I couldn't open.

Jim Brown on playing hurt and concussions - cleveland.com

Mar 2, 2010 · In an interview with Fanhouse.com reporter Terence Moore, Brown discusses playing hurt then and now. He also discussed the topic of concussions.
only other guy i thought was butkus maybe. wonder if their brains were checked or cte at death?should be standard for former nfl guys.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue has occasionally reared its head over the years and once again, it's being seen when it comes to the current QB Jayden Daniels. If you're not aware it takes the form like this; [paraphrasing] "You have got to give Kliff Kingsbury a lot of credit," which seems innocent enough but is it? Enter Marcus Mariotta who appears shaky at first, then follows with one of his better days as a professional QB, leading to at least one poster inferring that it's the system and not the particular player, hence the Kingsbury comment.

My question:

Given Mariotta's performance who deserves the lion's share of credit for this offensive turnaround Daniels or Kingsbury? (not both equally that's the cop out)
Interesting question though tehnicallly its still early, but I'll play.

KK's offense, but Jayden makes it run so he's more responsible.

The real 64000 dollar is is Jayden built to run this offense. I don't believe so. At least not as long as the QB is a primary ball carrier as much as they are.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting question though tehnicallly its still early, but I'll play.

KK's offense, but Jayden makes it run so he's more responsible.

The real 64000 dollar is is Jayden built to run this offense. I don't believe so. At least not as long as the QB is a primary ball carrier as much as they are.
That's an interesting answer, so to be fair to all concerns, let's revisit this if Daniels can't go and hopefully when MM has a very good day against the Bears.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue has occasionally reared its head over the years and once again, it's being seen when it comes to the current QB Jayden Daniels. If you're not aware it takes the form like this; [paraphrasing] "You have got to give Kliff Kingsbury a lot of credit," which seems innocent enough but is it? Enter Marcus Mariotta who appears shaky at first, then follows with one of his better days as a professional QB, leading to at least one poster inferring that it's the system and not the particular player, hence the Kingsbury comment.

My question:

Given Mariotta's performance who deserves the lion's share of credit for this offensive turnaround Daniels or Kingsbury? (not both equally that's the cop out)
The Lion's share of credit goes to the player who has excellent skills, is accurate and has the innate ability to perform and execute at a high level to run what's called into his earpiece each play. Yes, it takes 11 plus the OC but without #5, we are NOT where we are currently sitting.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lion's share of credit goes to the player who has excellent skills, is accurate and has the innate ability to perform and execute at a high level to run what's called into his earpiece each play. Yes, it takes 11 plus the OC but without #5, we are NOT where we are currently sitting.
I agree with this!

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't go into percentages, and I've tried my best to avoid this thread. I'll say this.

If Adam was faced with a choice of losing KK and Mariota forever or Jayden forever, I think we all know what his answer would be.

I'm just glad we get to have our cake and eat it too.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD5 will be fine . i am not for taking a part of his game and putting it on the sideline . if lamar can do it so can he . JD5 will figure this out and he is fully aware now what he has to do

i think who gets credit for what is really a waste of time . we have some hope as a fan base and thats good but the elephant in the room is we havent beaten good teams . thats the next step in the progression . i am not trying to be debbie downer but in fact am happy to see the progress . i am liking what we are getting from coaching , i like what we did in FA (the most successful i have seen ) and i like the production we are getting from te draft

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go back and read the previous replies but in this particular case......the guy completely discredits Jaydens body of work due to him getting hurt. He then claims Jayden is a bad pick due to him not being available for this one game. He dives further into stupidity claiming if Marcus looks amazing as a back up, whatever he said previously about Daniels is true. I haven't seen a lot of people speak this way about Daniels, however we all know he's going to hurt here and there. No dual threat qb beats the odds. Lamar was healthy for a long time before he decided to stay in the pocket.

This is probably the first Hater I've seen on Jayden. Its almost like he's playing the analytics and odds card. Jayden is going to miss a game this year, but that doesn't mean he hasn't been balling.

Redskins officially have arrived. We got haters

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go back and read the previous replies but in this particular case......the guy completely discredits Jaydens body of work due to him getting hurt. He then claims Jayden is a bad pick due to him not being available for this one game. He dives further into stupidity claiming if Marcus looks amazing as a back up, whatever he said previously about Daniels is true. I haven't seen a lot of people speak this way about Daniels, however we all know he's going to hurt here and there. No dual threat qb beats the odds. Lamar was healthy for a long time before he decided to stay in the pocket.

This is probably the first Hater I've seen on Jayden. Its almost like he's playing the analytics and odds card. Jayden is going to miss a game this year, but that doesn't mean he hasn't been balling.

Redskins officially have arrived. We got haters
I'm glad at least one person looked at that video sans emotion. Broussard literally called him out and he admitted it! This is not a small or insignificant thing and bears watching because as you all know it only takes one to get things like this going.

Again, I have noticed one poster here who has practically mimicked everything that Wright was saying about Jayden just using different ways to express the same sentiments. Now I'm waiting to see if MM will start and/or play against the Bears. If he shines in the Kingsbury system, this stuff will only get worse.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only you guys go this far this fast.

wow
There's still a lot of national contempt for this franchise. It's going to take a lot more than this miniature turnaround to change the hearts and minds accustomed to seeing it as it has been for decades.

If Daniels was 225 pounds it would be happening in fewer quarters, but because he's slight, a whole lot of folks are waiting for that disaster to happen. Some, as is feared and talked about here, just to say how right they were prior to the draft. (All Hail Drake Maye!)

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's still a lot of national contempt for this franchise. It's going to take a lot more than this miniature turnaround to change the hearts and minds accustomed to seeing it as it has been for decades.

If Daniels was 225 pounds it would be happening in fewer quarters, but because he's slight, a whole lot of folks are waiting for that disaster to happen. Some, as is feared and talked about here, just to say how right they were prior to the draft. (All Hail Drake Maye!)

You're right Sty, he's more concerned about being right than seeing how good Daniels has played as a rookie. This angle makes no sense. I'd rather him say, the team should have drafted someone but else in his opinion.
And i wish he wouldve said, the kid is playing well but could be injury prone.
Maybe he's been losing tons of money in bets against Daniels lol.
I'll also say, the majority of us have moved on in the daniels maye debate. Seeing Maye play well just confirms we won either way

I was more comfortable with Daniels though, but happy either way it went

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the implied criticism going on but not really worried in regards to ROTY and MVP (which by the way, seems absurd to me at week 7, given performances of players like Lamar, Goff, Henry etc)

Jayden is getting more shine from everyone than a rookie has ever received or seen.

If he gets derailed by injury, it might be bad luck but the durable narrative will never go away regardless. That’s why he must be a smart decision maker when it comes to avoidable hits.

Jayden will prove his excellence on the field over time and I’m sure he doesn’t want it any other way. In fact, he doesn’t place stock in the outside noise at all. It’s simply fans that get outraged.

I don’t think MVP is as far fetched as claimed. Which team changes the most when the player is gone? I would venture to say, the Redskins would miss JD more than any other player in the league, except for perhaps Josh Allen.

Jayden is playing different than any other rookie before him.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine, but let's not pretend that he doesn't have a national platform from which he's planted this notion. It will only grow if MM goes on to have similar results in his starts and could effect the manner in which Jayden is evaluated with respect to ROTY, MVP or even as a creditable starter in the league.

Nick Wright, like the poster or posters that I write about never stood on a hill making such declarations, they intimated it. One almost directly (Wright) and the other(s) through the prism of historical posts dating back to other first round QBs selected by this organization. That's as close as I choose to get to any sort of revelation at this time.

No one is saying that DQ, KK, Lyn or any of this team hasn't played a part, they definitely have, but the insinuation is a shot at Daniels, just as Broussard pointed out in the video.

If MM goes out and score 30 against Chicago, the discussion would be legit.

Anybody scoring 30PPG is a legit starter in the league. It doesn’t mean they can be limited by systems.

The insinuation is not a shot at JD. It is an observation made after a single good performance by a journeyman QB…much like Fitz used to get.