• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Undercurrent?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think MVP is as far fetched as claimed. Which team changes the most when the player is gone? I would venture to say, the Redskins would miss JD more than any other player in the league, except for perhaps Josh Allen.

Jayden is playing different than any other rookie before him.
Im not saying its impossible and would love to see it no doubt.

It's speaking of it at week 7 that feels far fetched to me in a week to week league. Now ROTY, chances look decent at this point in time.

Need to beat better teams and/or win a playoff game for that conversation to really be a starter for me.

Many more games left to play so we will see.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears are no joke. Offensively equipped better than the Commanders with Williams able to choose from DJ Moore, Keenan Allen, Rome Odunze, Cole Kmet and DeAndre Swift. Williams will hurt you with his legs.
Sweat returns to town along with a good secondary and active defense.
We need Daniels at 100% this week as I'm not liking MM and our chances this week unless we lean on BRob, Ekler and the run game to play time of possession football.
Both young and upcoming teams that look similar to each other.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want you guys to keep the same energy about the grizzly Bears, especially if we win with MM. Jayden and KK are doing great, but the entire team is catching up too

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Sheehan opened his show today talking about what the narrative will be if MM beats the Bears and plays well.

Denton said you know there is a contingent of this fanbase that is waiting to call in and say Jayden isn't any good. He said you know those calls will be coming.

Kevin agreed while kind of laughing and did say that would be stupid. Talked about the ball placement that Jayden had on the second Terry TD in Baltimore and the Cincinnati TD. Said only a few can make that throw.

This fanbase is so dysfunctional. Could you imagine if Heinicke was still on this roster and had the day MM had. Lol

I hope MM drops 50 on Chicago if he starts. Root for the name on the front, not the back.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Sheehan opened his show today talking about what the narrative will be if MM beats the Bears and plays well.

Denton said you know there is a contingent of this fanbase that is waiting to call in and say Jayden isn't any good. He said you know those calls will be coming.

Kevin agreed while kind of laughing and did say that would be stupid. Talked about the ball placement that Jayden had on the second Terry TD in Baltimore and the Cincinnati TD. Said only a few can make that throw.

This fanbase is so dysfunctional. Could you imagine if Heinicke was still on this roster and had the day MM had. Lol

I hope MM drops 50 on Chicago if he starts. Root for the name on the front, not the back.

Snyder gave some of us abused spouse syndrome. How in the world can you have anything critical to proclaim about a team 5-2 and in 1st place, when we are winning despite no elite players on this roster.
Coaching and teamwork is outstanding, this is insane

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know what games they are watching if they think MM is better than JD5 .

MM did what a good BU should do Step In on short notice and perform
They only saw the snippet of MM winning vs the Panthers.

Big difference if you've watched Jayden all year

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder gave some of us abused spouse syndrome. How in the world can you have anything critical to proclaim about a team 5-2 and in 1st place, when we are winning despite no elite players on this roster.
Im thrilled with team play so far. Just not gonna crown this team kings. Especially at 7 games, that's crazy talk to me.

We appear to have 'the guy' and many good pieces. Lotta work still need to be done imo, especially defensive pieces

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im thrilled with team play so far. Just not gonna crown this team kings. Especially at 7 games, that's crazy talk to me.

We appear to have 'the guy' and many good pieces. Lotta work still need to be done imo, especially defensive pieces

Totally agree. I hope several of the short term deals can be extended and maybe even later in the season the defense gets even better despite deficiency at DB.

As of next year I could see us doing well again with upgrades at DB, edge, WR

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They only saw the snippet of MM winning vs the Panthers.

Big difference if you've watched Jayden all year
I think MM played as well as Jayden and in a backup role that is great. The future is Daniels.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Remember the mantra Cali, ONE game at a time. Nothing is promised it has to be taken.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk when we play good teams and win . Right now Chicago and us are trying to break through and beat good teams regularly,

As the esteemed Ric Flair would say, “ to be the best you have to beat the best “

This team is striving for that and I think trending upward
When you say “ who could have anything critical to say “ that tells me you think we have arrived

But on the flip side if you aren’t happy with 5-2 and being in 1st place then there is something wrong with you

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk when we play good teams and win . Right now Chicago and us are trying to break through and beat good teams regularly,

As the esteemed Ric Flair would say, “ to be the best you have to beat the best “

This team is striving for that and I think trending upward
When you say “ who could have anything critical to say “ that tells me you think we have arrived

But on the flip side if you aren’t happy with 5-2 and being in 1st place then there is something wrong with you

"We are the measuring stick" whooo...whoooo...i can't keep these gators DOWN. Don't get me started Skinsdad

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are legitimate fans/followers and supporters who never wanted Daniels. Among them are folks who wanted Drake Maye, those wanting to keep Sam Howell, those wanting them to move down in the draft, those wanting them to draft someone else at the spot and interesting enough those who want to continue harping on Kirk Cousins as the best that they've had since 2012.
All of it might seem foolish to you and me but they are out there waiting for that " Ha ha, I told you so" or "I knew it!" moment.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am happy we picked Daniels . I think we would have done well picking any of the top 3 guys because our coaching is good .

And it can be also true as born out now that getting rid of KC cost us 6 yrs of finding the new guy and throwing countless resources on the flavor of the day wannabe

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are legitimate fans/followers and supporters who never wanted Daniels. Among them are folks who wanted Drake Maye, those wanting to keep Sam Howell, those wanting them to move down in the draft, those wanting them to draft someone else at the spot and interesting enough those who want to continue harping on Kirk Cousins as the best that they've had since 2012.
All of it might seem foolish to you and me but they are out there waiting for that " Ha ha, I told you so" moment.
I don't deny that element is out there, and it goes beyond this message board. At the end of the day it's natural to want to be right or not want to be wrong.

I don't think anyone is actively rooting against Jayden. Once the game starts, I'd find that impossible if you are a die hard.

Jayden got banged up. He's a thin dude that likes to run and like Breed said, apparently KK likes Jayden running as well.

Penix has an injury history. JJ didn't make it out of preseason and is on the shelf for the year. It's unfortunate, Jayden got hurt, but not completely unexpected. The hardest shot he's taken this year was from the pocket on the Terry TD on Cincinnati.

MM balling out is a testament to Adam, Dan for not wavering after a shakey preseason, KK for having an offense that plays to MM strengths and Marcus for being ready after missing time. Playing Carolina's B team might have been a factor as well.

I loved that Marcus had himself a day. I understand your frustration, as some will try to minimize Jayden's start based off of what happed Sunday. (Nick Wright)

At the end of the day, we have two QBs that are capable of running KKs system effectively.

If Marcus balls out against a tough Bears defense, do we crucify Adam for wasting a top two pick? Lol