• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mason Rudolph was the Starting QB for the Steelers

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you cant yank him, put him back, yank him again, put him back again , he gotta decide

Totally agree but if Rudolph starts next week and comes out awful they will do the same thing.
The tell all for this will be two weeks from now, if the same scenario occurs.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stellar?? uh, he's been okay. not so sure about "stellar". and he still needs to be cut loose and a new regime put in place.
How hasn’t he been?Lost his top qb, all offensive weapons hurt, we were. WhAt 1-4? We’re in playoff contention. Every move, every motivation is been pretty spot on.

what has he done poorly?

he’s still yet to have a losing season, ever.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't tripped anybody this season.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't tripped anybody this season.
giphy.gif

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How hasn’t he been?Lost his top qb, all offensive weapons hurt, we were. WhAt 1-4? We’re in playoff contention. Every move, every motivation is been pretty spot on.

what has he done poorly?

The thing is, we are essentially commending him for the same thing he does every year. Yes, it was a tougher task this year. But its still the same old shtick nonetheless. We call him coach Rah-Rah for a reason.

Has there ever been a season where the team DIDN'T have to circle the wagons between weeks 5-9 under Mike T?

FWIW I am impressed with where he was able to get the team this year. But its not as if I think this team is going anywhere this season. Just holding more confidence in his ability to right the ship is all.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what has he done poorly?

Please dont spout that "no losing season" shit on here. You can see just as well as everyone else, that the man's time has come. Yes, the team has done well in that they havent given up on the season, I commend Tomlin for that. But if you actually think this franchise is going to be great again, with HIM on the sidelines?? You're kidding yourself

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those people still wanting to give Mason a shot....

The Steelers have scored 1 offensive TD in the last 4 games. ONE! And it wasn't even Mason's arm that threw it.

This team is winning DESPITE Mason, not because of him. So we can just go ahead and end that discussion here & now.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please dont spout that "no losing season" shit on here. You can see just as well as everyone else, that the man's time has come. Yes, the team has done well in that they havent given up on the season, I commend Tomlin for that. But if you actually think this franchise is going to be great again, with HIM on the sidelines?? You're kidding yourself
Honestly the "he's winning" argument doesn't hold very much water for me either. Look at the damn schedule. It would favor a lot of teams. Their opponents since week 6 are a combined 23-31. A bunch of meddling teams that aren't going anywhere either. Not to mention they started out 0-14 against a winless Dolphins squad, and just barely survived a winless Cincy team. They are surviving on the back of their defense.

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his coaching job this year has been stellar
Stellar? he had Brown. Bell, Ben, and couldn't do anything.... Just because he is winning some games when no one expects him to with back-ups, I wouldn't call that stellar, I would call it what is expected of ANY head coach in the NFL.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly the "he's winning" argument doesn't hold very much water for me either. Look at the damn schedule. It would favor a lot of teams. Their opponents since week 6 are a combined 23-31. A bunch of meddling teams that aren't going anywhere either. Not to mention they started out 0-14 against a winless Dolphins squad, and just barely survived a winless Cincy team. They are surviving on the back of their defense.

Stellar? he had Brown. Bell, Ben, and couldn't do anything.... Just because he is winning some games when no one expects him to with back-ups, I wouldn't call that stellar, I would call it what is expected of ANY head coach in the NFL.

I'm with you guys......
Said it a while back I'll say it again, any dumbass that spews that winning season shit needs to remember....
Pittsburgh is the City of Champions, not the City of the greatest mediocre team in the NFL.

Tomlin sucks, he's done decent this year. BUT at what price???? Do we even have any draft picks next year???
I so hope the rumor that the Redskins want to give up their first pick for him, I say take the pick, send Tomlin packing.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Rudolph, he sucks too.
He's scared. He doesn't have the testicular fortitude to be a QB in the NFL.
Watch him, ever since he's was knocked cold, he doesn't have the poise or the guts to stand in there.
Tomlin is a certified dumbass if he goes back to the cluster fuck that is Rudolph.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably going to take a pitch-fork to the bean bag for this but...

I'm in the Rudolph camp right now. Not because I think he's the answer, or that he as earned it.

1. Duck Hodges isn't the answer. If I'm proven wrong, great, but I don't see it. Even a little.
2. This season isn't going anywhere. Fully vet your wasted pick so it's entirely obvious at years end.

I don't see the upside of rolling out Hodges full time. Unless you have already seen enough of Mason Rudolph to write his career off. I'm close. But not there yet.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm in the Rudolph camp right now. Not because I think he's the answer, or that he as earned it.

1. Duck Hodges isn't the answer. If I'm proven wrong, great, but I don't see it. Even a little.
2. This season isn't going anywhere. Fully vet your wasted pick so it's entirely obvious at years end.

I don't see the upside of rolling out Hodges full time. Unless you have already seen enough of Mason Rudolph to write his career off. I'm close. But not there yet.
I'm already there on Mason. I don't see Duck as the answer either.

There are other people to evaluate for next season on offense, not just Mason/QB position. At any rate, Hodges deserves to be evaluated, too. They will both enter camp next year trying to win a job.

Duck gives us an opportunity to have a somewhat functioning offense, which is important to look at the play of linemen, and skill guys.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well...I'm not really in Rudolph's or Hodges' camp as Ben's successor. In terms of his back up, who knows, maybe Rudolph is a better guy out of the bullpen than being a stop gap starter.

Right now, we know this team is not going anywhere this season, but they are right in the playoff mix with 5 games to go and so many young guys playing key roles... that playoff game check would be real nice.

Play to win. Whichever one that is. Rudolph was the draft pick investment and people need to see him play to evaluate him...to be honest, I like them both...as backups...better than Landry Jones. As potential starters, neither has had a real chance, but Rudolph seems to have regressed.

I would keep my options wide open for the 1st pick in the 2020.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, we are essentially commending him for the same thing he does every year. Yes, it was a tougher task this year. But its still the same old shtick nonetheless. We call him coach Rah-Rah for a reason.

Has there ever been a season where the team DIDN'T have to circle the wagons between weeks 5-9 under Mike T?

FWIW I am impressed with where he was able to get the team this year. But its not as if I think this team is going anywhere this season. Just holding more confidence in his ability to right the ship is all.
i suppose, but look around the league........

And I'm sharpening my pitchforks... Who's with me?

my thing is, look around at great coaches, sean payton, harbaugh, others, they have losing seasons, they dont win yearly, their records are worse than tomlins, they win as many superbowls? I mean what do we want?

For those people still wanting to give Mason a shot....

The Steelers have scored 1 offensive TD in the last 4 games. ONE! And it wasn't even Mason's arm that threw it.

This team is winning DESPITE Mason, not because of him. So we can just go ahead and end that discussion here & now.
mason stinks. period.
very true on scheduling, but again, i point to other top coaches.
like i said, look around the league, many coaches have top talent, arent winning yearly. Outside of NE. Many teams with the supposed best coaches are having losing seasons, or arent successful yearly, we are a bit spoiled.

This coming from me, who gets crushed repeatedly for being critical

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you catch post #90 in this thread? That's my stance, and I'm sticking to it.

Mason has regressed rapidly from any flashes of promise. And even then when he was flashing it was erratic & inconsistent at best.

Let's get this straight... And @ATL96Steeler said it perfectly... Neither Rudolph or Hodges are the successor or the future, they are backups. The team is playing to win games NOW, even if that means an inevitable conclusion of losing in the postseason. All the evidence that we have seen from those 2 backups points towards Hodges giving them the best chance at winning games now, until proven otherwise.

I would have no problem going back to Mason if Hodges stinks it up for a few games. But I'm prepared to see that evaluation of Hodges unfold. I also hope that Fichtner lets him play the part of the gunslinger, because this spoonfeeding vanilla offensive bullshit is hindering everyone involved. Let the dudes play and see where the chips fall. Quit handicapping them by playing it safe.