• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mason Rudolph was the Starting QB for the Steelers

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like for the Steelers to win a Super Bowl sometime in the next decade. Been ELEVEN years since they last won the whole thing. Only participation trophies since. For some franchises this is fine, not for the Steelers.

You know who's never had a losing season? BEN! His streak is longer than coach clichés. Funny that Bill Cowher FINALLY gets a franchise QB and wins a Super Bowl in year two of Ben's career. He should have won in Ben's rookie year but the Spygatriots cheated. A very good roster was left for coach tripper including a seasoned FRANCHISE QB and he got to benefit from it. If it wasn't for: Ben, Santonio and Deebo, he wouldn't even have the one Super Bowl on his record. They barely beat a 9-7 Arizona team. He decided to kick a 18 yard FG instead of going for it at the one yard line. Who the heck does that? In the Super Bowl no less. A few years later, they got back to the Super Bowl and lost as a favorite to the Packers. The Steelers made a comeback that fell short. Had they been prepared and not come out lethargic in that game, they most likely would have won. Outcoached by Mike McCarthy. Rough.

The losing seasons thing is what it is. Means nothing to me as a fan of a franchise that expects to win Super Bowls. Have a couple losing seasons. If it means a couple deep runs in the playoffs. The Steelers aren't even talked about with the elite of the league anymore. Pathetic. Ben, AB and Bell. What coach has that abundance of talent on a roster other than the Pro Bowl? Never has a coach done less with more. Ever.

I bought in the first few years. Thought he was great. As time went on it became clear, great QB and a great D would make any head coach look impressive. Then came the playoff failures. The horrible all talk no action, redundant press conferences. The trip. Horrible decisions with the coaching staff. And not sniffing a Super Bowl in almost ten years. The Steelers are stuck with a fraud.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like for the Steelers to win a Super Bowl sometime in the next decade. Been ELEVEN years since they last won the whole thing. Only participation trophies since. For some franchises this is fine, not for the Steelers.

You know who's never had a losing season? BEN! His streak is longer than coach clichés. Funny that Bill Cowher FINALLY gets a franchise QB and wins a Super Bowl in year two of Ben's career. He should have won in Ben's rookie year but the Spygatriots cheated. A very good roster was left for coach tripper including a seasoned FRANCHISE QB and he got to benefit from it. If it wasn't for: Ben, Santonio and Deebo, he wouldn't even have the one Super Bowl on his record. They barely beat a 9-7 Arizona team. He decided to kick a 18 yard FG instead of going for it at the one yard line. Who the heck does that? In the Super Bowl no less. A few years later, they got back to the Super Bowl and lost as a favorite to the Packers. The Steelers made a comeback that fell short. Had they been prepared and not come out lethargic in that game, they most likely would have won. Outcoached by Mike McCarthy. Rough.

The losing seasons thing is what it is. Means nothing to me as a fan of a franchise that expects to win Super Bowls. Have a couple losing seasons. If it means a couple deep runs in the playoffs. The Steelers aren't even talked about with the elite of the league anymore. Pathetic. Ben, AB and Bell. What coach has that abundance of talent on a roster other than the Pro Bowl? Never has a coach done less with more. Ever.

I bought in the first few years. Thought he was great. As time went on it became clear, great QB and a great D would make any head coach look impressive. Then came the playoff failures. The horrible all talk no action, redundant press conferences. The trip. Horrible decisions with the coaching staff. And not sniffing a Super Bowl in almost ten years. The Steelers are stuck with a fraud.
Can I ask? What franchises besides the patriots, has better coaching? Or has been in a better situation for the past decade?

a change may be needed. But I’m just curious what everyone expects

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EKO9-zWXsAEn-_M

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I ask? What franchises besides the patriots, has better coaching? Or has been in a better situation for the past decade?

Seattle, Baltimore, New Orleans, Philly. A few bad seasons in there, but when they're good, they're good and have a legit chance at winning it all. Steelers best opportunity in the past decade was 3 years ago and they weren't close as they got crushed in the AFCCG.

Tomlin isn't the worst coach ever. But he gets way too much credit just because he's been here for so long. Many teams would love to have him because they think he's a good coach. Are they going to give him the talent he's had in Pittsburgh?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's an elitist attitude that gets fans into trouble. The ones that have their high expectations and they won't deviate.

But I do think we can agree with him to some level. Wouldn't call him a fraud though. Simply put, Mike Tomlin ain't all that he's cracked up to be. I think we can all say that he's a decent coach, just not a great one. With the right pieces in place he could do well enough for a team. But there are a lot of factors that he needs in order to be a winning coach.

The Steelers could do a lot worse than Tomlin, but to think this team can achieve a SB with him in place with his OWN team is a fallacy. He can get the team to the dance, but he'll squander it every time because he's being outcoached when it matters most.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an elitist attitude that gets fans into trouble. The ones that have their high expectations and they won't deviate.

But I do think we can agree with him to some level. Wouldn't call him a fraud though. Simply put, Mike Tomlin ain't all that he's cracked up to be. I think we can all say that he's a decent coach, just not a great one. With the right pieces in place he could do well enough for a team. But there are a lot of factors that he needs in order to be a winning coach.

The Steelers could do a lot worse than Tomlin, but to think this team can achieve a SB with him in place with his OWN team is a fallacy. He can get the team to the dance, but he'll squander it every time because he's being outcoached when it matters most.
That’s spot on imho.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

personally, i think that the ravens john harbaugh is a FAR better coach at teaching, putting together staffs, etc than tomlin could ever hope to be. the few years that the ravens weren't a factor in the playoff race of the AFC, was due to harbaugh literally having jack squat on the offensive side of the ball to work with. even then, they were always a very tough team that came out prepared and made the other team earn it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
personally, i think that the ravens john harbaugh is a FAR better coach at teaching, putting together staffs, etc than tomlin could ever hope to be. the few years that the ravens weren't a factor in the playoff race of the AFC, was due to harbaugh literally having jack squat on the offensive side of the ball to work with. even then, they were always a very tough team that came out prepared and made the other team earn it.
Not to mention John Harbaugh got his hands cuffed around the waist as a coach when Ozzie handed Joe Flacco that record breaking contract back in yesteryear. Not that John wasn't in favor of it, but we all knew the inevitable conclusion once Joe put ink to paper. He was garbage that prior year up until the playoffs when he went all Joe Montana on everyone. The Ravens were pinned in a corner with him. There was no way they could let him walk. But you have to wonder how many SBs John could have won without Flacco hindering them.

I'd take John Harbaugh as the Stiller coach in a heartbeat. He's a fantastic coach.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers headed in 'direction' of QB change Coach Mike Tomlin is still weighing his options, though it's likely Devlin Hodges will be under center when the Steelers host Cleveland in Week 13. Hodges replaced a struggling Mason Rudolph in Sunday's win at Cincinnati, throwing for 118 yards and a touchdown on 5-of-11 passing. The undrafted rookie has the look of a game-manager and while his ceiling may be limited, that would still be an improvement on Rudolph, who has served up five interceptions in his last two outings. After ranking second to Tampa Bay in passing yards per game a year ago (313.0), the Steelers have fallen to 27th (200.6) this season.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit I can't believe he said this... But I'm loving it

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah he repeatedly made it a point to say not praise him. Even made it a big point that he didnt make the team out of camp

for some reason, i feel like tomlin is just gonna let hodges fn wing it

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah he repeatedly made it a point to say not praise him. Even made it a big point that he didnt make the team out of camp

for some reason, i feel like tomlin is just gonna let hodges fn wing it
I hope so. I could care less if he throws a few INTs. Just want to see if this passing game has a pulse with the right QB.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think tomlins lowering expectations, and straight up saying don’t turn the ball over.
This. Really just the reality of having two QB's that will never amount to anything more than a backup. With that, I think both are better than Landry Jones or Josh Dobbs.

EDIT: I noticed the Landry Jones part was posted earlier.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so. I could care less if he throws a few INTs. Just want to see if this passing game has a pulse with the right QB.

Yup, been waiting weeks for this....he’s worth the gamble, at this point there is nothing to lose......Fly Duck Fly....

NFL-Solomon

The Father of The Potato Salad Poll Option
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Rudolph and Hodges are problematic.

Mason isn't ready yet, and he is turning out to be the Yancey Thigpen of QBs … Made of glass.

Duck has the poise of a 4 year pro, but the physical ability of a College Player, and he's too slow on reads. Unless he can speed up his game, he has 0% chance as a Pro.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Rudolph and Hodges are problematic.

Mason isn't ready yet, and he is turning out to be the Yancey Thigpen of QBs … Made of glass.

Duck has the poise of a 4 year pro, but the physical ability of a College Player, and he's too slow on reads. Unless he can speed up his game, he has 0% chance as a Pro.
Spot on. Also should add that playcalling has been a big hindrance.

Mason... Incredibly inconsistent. Could benefit from more confidence but hard to have any faith in him right now. His downfield passing, pocket presence, accuracy, awareness (both pocket & field), route-anticipation, etc is all flakey at best. Looked like a deer in headlights for most of the year. Better arm talent than Duck though.

Duck... 1-2 read QB that tends to knee-jerk his reads. Has the accuracy but doesn't possess good enough awareness, anticipation or timing skills to take advantage with consistency. Better mobility, but still tends to hold the ball too long or evacuate the pocket too early. And his "heave & pray" throws into the endzone are incredibly frustrating. Suffers from weak arm strength.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston rumors swirl. I'm 5000000% on board

aside from moore or bortles the rest aren't any better. I'd be happy with bortles too Didn't know he was available