• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mason Rudolph was the Starting QB for the Steelers

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C. Hes held the ship, but hes been bad. Advanced metrics back it up, having rudolph bw 30-32 depending on whose metrics you use

4. Mason Rudolph

Rudolph, the sixth QB selected in his class, plays with a chip on his shoulder after dropping to the third round, No. 76 overall.

But this season, the Oklahoma State product can boast one more victory (3-2) than Mayfield (2-6), his college Bedlam Series rival.

Sure, two of those victories came against the Little Sisters of the Bengals and Dolphins, but Rudolph has the Steelers at 4-4 this season with Big Ben out for the year with an elbow injury, and in position to make a playoff run in the second half.

Profootballfocus.com has him ranked third in the 2018 class this year with a 52.8 overall grade, which is No. 45 among all QBs.

He’s No. 48 in the league in passing with a 51.7 grade, and No. 47 — last among active QBs — throwing under pressure with a 37.8 rating.

But Rudolph is 15th in the NFL with a 94.7 rating, second in his class only to Jackson. He’s thrown 10 TDs against only four interceptions and is completing 66.1 percent of his attempts for 11th in the NFL.

The Browns will face him twice, beginning Thursday night at FirstEnergy Stadium on national television.

So depends what stats u wanna push. But the advanced stats, and my eyes say hes closer to that 40 some mark.

However as critical of him as i him. He should a little something today. Still not nearly good enough, but some progress., washington too.

He's definitely not the gunslinger we've been used to the last 14 years and this offense seems to be a shell of itself. Some of that can be due to injuries as well. Hard to gel when we are starting a different RB every week. While I'm not completely happy with his performance so far, I am hopeful because, while there is obvious room for improvement, he's improving week in and week out. Let's not forget that he's a month out from a pretty bad looking hit that gave him a concussion.

We also have to keep in mind that he's never thrown a pass in a regular season game until Week 2 this year. I really wish he would/we would let him take deep shots down the field. He's got the arm for it, I don't know if it's the confidence in him or the confidence in our WRs or just a lack of pushing the envelope by our OC but in order for this offense to improve, the ball is going to need to be thrown deeper down the field. He's certainly not in the top half of starters this year but he could be a lot worse lol.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely not the gunslinger we've been used to the last 14 years and this offense seems to be a shell of itself. Some of that can be due to injuries as well. Hard to gel when we are starting a different RB every week. While I'm not completely happy with his performance so far, I am hopeful because, while there is obvious room for improvement, he's improving week in and week out. Let's not forget that he's a month out from a pretty bad looking hit that gave him a concussion.

We also have to keep in mind that he's never thrown a pass in a regular season game until Week 2 this year. I really wish he would/we would let him take deep shots down the field. He's got the arm for it, I don't know if it's the confidence in him or the confidence in our WRs or just a lack of pushing the envelope by our OC but in order for this offense to improve, the ball is going to need to be thrown deeper down the field. He's certainly not in the top half of starters this year but he could be a lot worse lol.
devils advocate.......by advanced metrics he is alot worse. Hes not even in the top32, or even top 40, meaning lots of non-starting qbs are grading otu better than him

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
devils advocate.......by advanced metrics he is alot worse. Hes not even in the top32, or even top 40, meaning lots of non-starting qbs are grading otu better than him

Admittedly I don't follow NFL metrics much...maybe that's a good thing because I don't know just how bad he's playing....lol

To the eye test...yeah he missed some passes, but he also had quite a few drops yesterday...in fact everyone of his WRs & TEs (#89 only) dropped a catchable ball yesterday.

He had several deep targets. Not playing well, but I still think he's moving in the right direction.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly I don't follow NFL metrics much...maybe that's a good thing because I don't know just how bad he's playing....lol

To the eye test...yeah he missed some passes, but he also had quite a few drops yesterday...in fact everyone of his WRs & TEs (#89 only) dropped a catchable ball yesterday.

He had several deep targets. Not playing well, but I still think he's moving in the right direction.
oh i agree, i said somewhere else, yesterday was at least somewhat promising, he played better, actually made a few progressions, and took some shots down field. Not good still IMHO, but progress, and washington showed life again. Still gotta score points

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While advanced metrics are key, I'm not a huge fan of advanced metrics. I don't really care how many yards the ball travels in the air before reaching the receiver or anything like that. What I try to focus on is efficiency, ratio stats and, of course, wins and losses. I'm not happy with the overall performance of this offense in the slightest. The only reason we are above .500 right now is because of our defense. But we could be teams like Miami, Chicago, Washington, the Jets and Cincinnati who have it a lot worse offensively than we do and who have QBs that I would gladly pick Mason over any day of the week.

With all that said, he's certainly not playing to his true potential and IDK who is to blame for that. If it's Mason, he needs to step it up and play the way he knows how to and the way the team know he can. If it's the coaching staff, then they need to take the training wheels off and let him run the offense.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While advanced metrics are key, I'm not a huge fan of advanced metrics. I don't really care how many yards the ball travels in the air before reaching the receiver or anything like that. What I try to focus on is efficiency, ratio stats and, of course, wins and losses. I'm not happy with the overall performance of this offense in the slightest. The only reason we are above .500 right now is because of our defense. But we could be teams like Miami, Chicago, Washington, the Jets and Cincinnati who have it a lot worse offensively than we do and who have QBs that I would gladly pick Mason over any day of the week.

With all that said, he's certainly not playing to his true potential and IDK who is to blame for that. If it's Mason, he needs to step it up and play the way he knows how to and the way the team know he can. If it's the coaching staff, then they need to take the training wheels off and let him run the offense.
:agree:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EKK9CJ4XUAETl-9

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44