• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariota to the Redskins per Clayton

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he's all talent and no substance. Mariota is a big name in the draft because of his measurables, and Heisman. Not because of NFL qualities, like decision making, pocket presence or leadership. Hes Kaepernick with a little better touch, but less dooshy.
I get why he's questioned for running from no huddle and shotgun a lot, but really you must be soft in the head if you think his decision making isn't one of his best assets. His RD to int ratio alone should tell you that. The fact he did it in Oregon's high paced offense makes that case even stronger. I for one hope he falls to a team that has a decent o-line And a journeyman QB so he can sit and learn like Rodgers got to.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TD to int ratio* fuggin auto correct

Can't find the edit button on mobile either.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get why he's questioned for running from no huddle and shotgun a lot, but really you must be soft in the head if you think his decision making isn't one of his best assets. His RD to int ratio alone should tell you that. The fact he did it in Oregon's high paced offense makes that case even stronger. I for one hope he falls to a team that has a decent o-line And a journeyman QB so he can sit and learn like Rodgers got to.

Decision making will be a question mark until he makes reads that aren't from cards on the sidelines.

Thumper

The "winners" won't let me post.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thumper you can't give out more then 1 Winner Award per forum. My God man this isn't little league where everyone deserves a trophy. :thumb:

I'm a giver.

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. If I give a prize, I know I read it or got to that part of the thread.
2. They know I read that post. They get an alert.
3. Really only posting here a little while, like on StockTwits and I notice, on both NOBODY can click a Like button? It's that hard to press Like?
3. So even though I was in politics section arguing with all kinds of bad blood- I still give out prizes, Like, Winner, cake, carrots, hearts, rainbows, or the bad ones. Again, why not a click?
4. Anyway, had a beef with 1-2 guys or 3-4 so I Hit Ignore on them. Noticed one guy had 12,000 posts and only 85 likes!? That's just sad.
5. I think it's fun to click on the funny prizes. People are too serious. I'm not gonna type, Yep, I Heard that to every post.

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean none. None of them are real starters. RG(knees) and KC are good backups but not starters. Mariota shouldn't be selected because I don't see him doing any better then the other 2 especially behind that horrible o-line.

I'll have to start studying the draft, I admit it. But just driving around LA, on sportstalk radio, they talk about MM like he's The Next QB, and all the gyrations teams can go through to get him. Didn't care too much as they never said Redskins, but when I saw this thread, I could see sure, why not? QB is a need for Washington. Simple.

And on message boards other teams are viewed as the most reliable, most agreeable, most cooperative trading partners, but I would say avoid relying on the kindness of ruthless strangers when possible.
As far as QB, you need 3 now days anyway, and OL aren't THAT hard to find elsewhere.

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TD to int ratio* fuggin auto correct

Can't find the edit button on mobile either.

I don't know how to edit. What part of Japan, CCF151?

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how to edit. What part of Japan, CCF151?

To edit click on the pencil icon under your avatar it's bottom left of the screen.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI Thumper you were saying how a guy had 12,000 posts and only 20 likes and that's sad. Well once we moved over to SportsHoopla 2.0 the likes got reset to 0 but our post count didn't.

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see. But I don't see a pencil. Anyway, when I read most posts I'll click something to show I read it and appreciated.

No harm in it. What, too nice? Some people on here go out of their way to be Richards. Not my goal.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see. But I don't see a pencil. Anyway, when I read most posts I'll click something to show I read it and appreciated.

No harm in it. What, too nice? Some people on here go out of their way to be Richards. Not my goal.

I have no problem with your likes. In fact I'll follow you around from thread to thread just to get my Likes up. :suds:

Also I seriously was joking in my previous post where you can't have multiple Winner awards. No clue why you can't find your pencil. Maybe it's old age and things get smaller :noidea:

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I using an iPad. I would only edit for typos or spelling errors.
So, the person can tell I agve them th likes, I gather?

It's just funny when you read a long thread with no likes but 20-25 people read it or commented? And then they get likes but only from me, not 5-10-15 likes. Weird! Pretty hilarious to give cake, carrots, winner star, I Luv You, Man hearts... I guess I'm easily amused.

But on StockTwits too. Hundreds of people posting, hundreds reading but almost nobody "likes." Sheesh!

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now I see the pencil.... Thanks!

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I using an iPad. I would only edit for typos or spelling errors.
So, the person can tell I agve them th likes, I gather?

It's just funny when you read a long thread with no likes but 20-25 people read it or commented? And then they get likes but only from me, not 5-10-15 likes. Weird! Pretty hilarious to give cake, carrots, winner star, I Luv You, Man hearts... I guess I'm easily amused.

But on StockTwits too. Hundreds of people posting, hundreds reading but almost nobody "likes." Sheesh!

Well I hope the Redskins "Like" Mariota enough and rate him high because he appears to be a great QB and human being. However I would prefer they take OT Scherff or trade back if possible.

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I hope the Redskins "Like" Mariota enough and rate him high because he appears to be a great QB and human being. However I would prefer they take OT Scherff or trade back if possible.

Just saw a mock draft mentioning Scherff at that spot. Need to study it. But plenty of can't miss tackles do miss. Sales as QBs. It's no sure thing. But the Skins had bad QB play for a decade or more. No hope of winning. With a good QB, RG lll or KC when they were performing, Skins were always in those games. I don't know if a tackle can make that difference and how do you know that OL doesn't get injured. They are probably to big for their bodies, knees, ankles, shoulders, etc.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a mock draft mentioning Scherff at that spot. Need to study it. But plenty of can't miss tackles do miss. Sales as QBs. It's no sure thing. But the Skins had bad QB play for a decade or more. No hope of winning. With a good QB, RG lll or KC when they were performing, Skins were always in those games. I don't know if a tackle can make that difference and how do you know that OL doesn't get injured. They are probably to big for their bodies, knees, ankles, shoulders, etc.

If you don't have a decent o-line then how do you really know if its the QBs fault? Redskins new GM seems to draft o-lineman later in the draft so I see Redskins taking DE/OLB Gregory, one of the WR's, QB Mariota, or one of the other DE's.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL
shoot, this thought trumps the eagles taking MM
I thought the new GM was the savior
should be fun

He still is IMO. Are you implying that the new Redskins GM is accountable for rumors or the random dumb thoughts posted on message boards? Cmon.

I believe that this is the first true GM for the Redskins since Snyder has owned the team. I get a kick out of various Seahawks fans bashing the guy since he helped build their team - too funny. Give the guy a few years & then we can either celebrate or badmouth the guy. As always a pleasure Pday.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't have a decent o-line then how do you really know if its the QBs fault? Redskins new GM seems to draft o-lineman later in the draft so I see Redskins taking DE/OLB Gregory, one of the WR's, QB Mariota, or one of the other DE's.

Not to mention the fact that a poor offensive line also means that there is a good possibility that your starting QB is always at risk for being lost for the season or his entire career.