• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariota, Mettenberger Have Titans Sitting Pretty At QB

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBR is Total QB rating, which
QB Rating is Passer rating.
Actually, QBR = Quarterback Rating = QB Rating. Passer Rating (usually the higher number, can be over 100 while QBR max is 100) is altogether a different calculation. Folks mess it up a lot.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Hope for the future" is probably where the Titans are. "Sitting pretty" is over-doing it a bit.

Seems like at least a bit of revisionist history in the OP. Locker wasn't the worst starting QB in the league. He just had a tough time staying healthy.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Hope for the future" is probably where the Titans are. "Sitting pretty" is over-doing it a bit.

Seems like at least a bit of revisionist history in the OP. Locker wasn't the worst starting QB in the league. He just had a tough time staying healthy.

Locker even when he was healthy had issues with pocket presence and the biggest thing was accuracy absolutely terrible. In two games back to back last year Locker failed to completed 50% of his passes against Dallas and Cincy i think he was 16 of 34 in both games. Troy Aikman the commentator was talking consistently on the game broadcast about how Locker was not NFL material it was embarrassing. Locker had numerous games here at TN where he barely completed 50% of his passes or worse. I saw two or three games where he could've won but overthrew a wide open receiver it was hell watching him make those type of mistakes. Locker sucked even he when he was healthy i know i watched him play every game he started including one in person against the 0-10 Jaguars where he failed to score any points and fumbled,threw a pick just before halftime then got hurt for the umpteetnth time in his career. I left that game early due to Locker losing the game for us. Sure he had one game a year where he played well but five or six where he was mediocre.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the total QB rating ESPN uses i think thats skewed and doesn't tell the full story.

I go by the regular QB rating.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TN is in a much better position than they were back in 2013 offseason with Locker as starter and Whitehurst at backup. Now the hardest part is taken care of the team finally has a QB. All they need to do now is build a team around Mariota. I love Mettenberger and Mariota but it sucks we can only keep one long term. Mariota is the franchise and future in TN however i guarantee Mettenberger has a bright future somewhere in this league the guy is very talented. Teams like Buffalo,Cleveland,NY Jets,Washington,Chicago,Houston,etc. all have issues. Chicago we all know Cutler won't last there. Washington RG3 isnt the answer. Manziel has shown nothing in Cleveland. Hoyer is a short term solution. Buffalo and NY Jets both are in QB purgatory. Give TN a couple seasons to draft and build they are gonna be good.