• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

mariO cristObal

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2r8oAhr.jpg

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's keep it real for a minute. He's a solid recruiter and should bring in some talent. Have us worried? Not even a tiny bit. He can't coach!!!!!!!!!! AT ALL!!!!!!! :laugh: :pound:
:rofl:

Poor man's Ed Orgeron? LOL!!!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the glitter helmets? Please tell me he's keeping the glitter helmets. :hope:

Come on now, I loved how the Susan Koman people had to ask Oregon to quit wearing their pink uniforms because it was embarrassing breast cancer survivors.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're keeping it real and looking at this hire on the scale of 1 to 10:
Many fans up here are giving it something between a 2 and 5 at most.
If you are looking at it in detail you are probably giving it a 4-6 or so just based on his recruiting, ability to hold the rest of this class together, and the kids there wanted him which means they should play hard for him. He doesn't yet have any real cred at running a team though.
I would guess most normal duck fans are more like 5-7 in their range? :noidea: You always want to have more optimism on your own team and your own hires. Not talking about just their expected record next year because they have Herbert and there is talent on that team. This rating is simply on the decision of the hire itself, how fast it was made, and whether or not they should have gone after a bigger and potentially more impactful hire.
And of course OD has pushed his own needle up to something in the 7-9 range. Even he just can't be at a 10. I mean Chip Kelly was his 10.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really know much about him. I just find this thread funny on how @OregonDucks is telling Bama fans that Cristobal is the reason Bama is so good, even though they won 3 of the previous 4 NC before he arrived there.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really know much about him. I just find this thread funny on how @OregonDucks is telling Bama fans that Cristobal is the reason Bama is so good, even though they won 3 of the previous 4 NC before he arrived there.
That's how he justifies the crazy voices in his head. Just roll with it. :laugh:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're keeping it real and looking at this hire on the scale of 1 to 10:
Many fans up here are giving it something between a 2 and 5 at most.
If you are looking at it in detail you are probably giving it a 4-6 or so just based on his recruiting, ability to hold the rest of this class together, and the kids there wanted him which means they should play hard for him. He doesn't yet have any real cred at running a team though.
I would guess most normal duck fans are more like 5-7 in their range? :noidea: You always want to have more optimism on your own team and your own hires. Not talking about just their expected record next year because they have Herbert and there is talent on that team. This rating is simply on the decision of the hire itself, how fast it was made, and whether or not they should have gone after a bigger and potentially more impactful hire.
And of course OD has pushed his own needle up to something in the 7-9 range. Even he just can't be at a 10. I mean Chip Kelly was his 10.

Bo Pleeny's players loved him. Their claim was that they'd run through a brick wall for him. The majority were very upset when he was fired, hence a contaminated locker room when Riley took over. The problem was Pleeny couldn't put all the pieces together to win big games. His record against teams that finished with 9 or more wins was terrible. Some coaches have the ability to put the pieces together, but the majority don't. Cristobal's mid-major record suggests he don't.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please make sure you put peanut butter on my jelly sandwich.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard of her.
Enjoy Frost man. He is a great coach and I am so proud that Oregon believed in him enough to give him his first real college coaching gig. Once a Duck always a Duck!

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't pay a whole lot of attention to recruiting outside of the southern cal 5 star hit or misses but i read something recently about quite a few top receivers that were leaning oregon with ties to FSU but with taggart going to FSU that was all it took for them to flip. any thoughts?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't pay a whole lot of attention to recruiting outside of the southern cal 5 star hit or misses but i read something recently about quite a few top receivers that were leaning oregon with ties to FSU but with taggart going to FSU that was all it took for them to flip. any thoughts?
Four of the five 4* recruits that decommitted were Florida kids.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Four of those five 4* recruits that decommitted were Florida kids.

oh yeah i just looked it up they lost all their 4 star wide receivers. shame

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd shoe drops on the class when Leavitt and most of the defensive assistants leave after the bowl game to join FSU. Then the decommits to the D side of the ball hit. Probably about 3-5.

If Leavitt sticks around, the damage should be manageable, but if he leaves, and that’s highly likely, bam the 2nd show drops and it’s gonna be brutal.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd shoe drops on the class when Leavitt and most of the defensive assistants leave after the bowl game to join FSU. Then the decommits to the D side of the ball hit. Probably about 3-5.

If Leavitt sticks around, the damage should be manageable, but if he leaves, and that’s highly likely, bam the 2nd show drops and it’s gonna be brutal.
Jim Leavitt following Willie Taggart to FSU to become defensive coordinator

Oregon AD Rob Mullens: 'We'll do everything we can' to keep Jim Leavitt