• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

mariO cristObal

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because 4th in November before the higher profile kids/teams fill out and before they have actually signed says anything. :L

Takes more than kids to win games. Ask Mario about that Stanford loss chief. Keep dreaming though. Always amusing when these old threads full of duck hope come back up again.

:thumb:
Thanks for your insight :L

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, no one should be scared of Oregon still. All their main players coming back have zero heart. Oregon didn’t even sniff some of the USC classes that crashed and burned because of terrible coaching.

But hey Oregon, which one of our coaches next year are you going to buy off. Fuck, you are Oregon, quit trying to be Washington State University in Eugene.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon couldn’t win when they had the chance... twice. Their hay day is long gone.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for your insight

You're welcome. I nailed it as usual. Mario did exactly what I said he needed to do to improve the class, and still you only ended up 7th. You dropped a bunch of guys in order to make space for the ones you got. Pulling scholarships isn't a great look, but it's better than putting lesser talent on the field.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just telling you what I see. You could sign more players and do better, but I'm looking at the numbers you have committed so far and your average rating on 24/7 and it's generally in the 10-15 range when things are all said and done.

The majority of the big time recruits don't commit until signing day, things are going to shake up etc.

Seems like I do this every single year with Oregon fans. Take a look at Texas A&M, currently #2 in 24/7 and it should be obvious to anyone paying attention they are also going to drop. High score because of 24 commits, lots of 3 stars so low average.

Then you also have Michigan at #9. They aren't going anywhere but down. Maybe not too far down, but they are already at 26 commits, so they have no room. They only way they can improve is for Harbaugh to start pulling scholarships from recruits again.

See the pattern?

Here are some teams you can expect to rise in the rankings before it's over despite them being lower at the moment.

#8 Oklahoma
#12 Ohio St
#13 Penn St
#14 Florida St

What do they all in have in common? Good average, decent amount of spots left to end up in the top10. Oklahoma has 2 5 stars, 12 4 stars and only 5 3 stars with 7 spots left to fill. That's a good base and plenty of room to end up as far as #1 if they continued at that pace, but most likely top5.

Ohio St will depend a good bit on what happens with Urban, they might lose commits but the class itself is setup with a potential to be just like Oklahoma.

They can't all end up in the top5, but they are recruiting towards that standard. Oregon is not.
Nailed it with OU. :thumb:

Texas closed like gangbusters too.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're welcome. I nailed it as usual. Mario did exactly what I said he needed to do to improve the class, and still you only ended up 7th. You dropped a bunch of guys in order to make space for the ones you got. Pulling scholarships isn't a great look, but it's better than putting lesser talent on the field.

Mario will recruit. It is what he has always done. He will be a bit slimy, it is what he has always done

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nailed it with OU. :thumb:

Texas closed like gangbusters too.

And you got Hurts.

Ohio St dropped, only 18 recruits hurt them but not as bad as it could have been. Not sure what happened to Penn St, but FSU had a terrible signing day and lost a ton as I recall.

I guess Michigan must have pulled some scholarships to move up. They had 26 at that time and finished with 26, but it ain't the same 26.

Jimbo and A&M finished pretty well too, not as good as they were in 2nd, but I didn't expect a top5 from them - but it's still a bit high on the 3 stars IMO. Same goes for LSU, Oregon, Michigan and even Clemson. I guess the SEC limit of 25 isn't a concern for anyone. Lots of teams went over 25 though, didn't expect that.

And yeah that's a very good class for Texas. Lots of good talent, not a pumped up ranking with tons of 3 stars. I'd be thrilled with that class.

My personal top5:

1. Alabama
2. Georgia
3. Texas
4. Oklahoma
5. A&M

I'd put Oregon around 10th or so, lots of 3 stars.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mario will recruit. It is what he has always done. He will be a bit slimy, it is what he has always done

Yeah he recruited well for us, but our line regressed a little under his coaching. He doesn't have much excuse if he doesn't do well in the Pac12 right now.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh so that's why they say UCF is the east coast version of Oregon.