• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners 2014/2015 Offseason

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign Tomas, trade for Cespedes, and sign a stud pitcher like mentioned above along with a #3, 4 SP. Cespedes or Upton depending on which would be cheaper in trade assets. Heck, just sign/trade for somebody.

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the M's could only sign one of these FA's this offseason who would you choose?

Tomas
Markakis
Cruz
Moncada
Cabrera

I'm going with Moncada. Time for the M's to go all in on a Cuban.

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think is what we should do... Trade Iwakuma for Cespedes and then sign Cruz to a 4 yr deal with a high avg of $. You only try for Cespedes after you've signed Cruz. We don't know how Iwakuma is going to be next year and I said a year ago to sell high while we could. I was wrong then but we have an excuse to now. Cespedes doesn't get a draft pick for a QO next season I believe? so that's our argument with Sox as well. (This way we keep our top prospects.) Then you just alternate Yoenis/Nelson from DH/RF. It's that or we major overpay for Tomas which now might be easier accepted since our best homegrown player in awhile (Seager) has been paid, but who knows what other players think of that. Either way signing Seager was a nice message to FA's and our farm alike that we intend to contend. I think the price for Upton is going to be to steep and he isn't worth Paxton, DJ or Walker with only 1 yr of control. Then there's Kemp and that's no good because we take on even more $ (which means no Cruz) and give up a prospect of significance but if we could get Friedman to eat some $ it MIGHT be worth giving up a prospect..better option than it would be for Upton. That's pretty much our options now that so many players are off the board. I'm not interested in Gattis unless he comes with Upton. So Cespedes with one of either Kemp/Cruz/Tomas should be our option. Unless they decide to break the bank...and if you're going to do that...then you go Tomas/Cruz that way we keep prospects and you take a risk on ONE older player and hopefully win the lotto on a younger player. I didn't bother adding in Victorino because I'm just not interested. I hope all of this wasnt too confusing lol. It's been awhile since I've been here and since I had access to my email so I could log in..so with that said...I'm home!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's a bosux brainiac talking about a straight trade of paxton for cespedes.

Boston Red Sox trade target: James Paxton

Given that the outfield is an area of depth for the Red Sox, it’s likely that the Red Sox and Mariners could work out a swap of Paxton and Yoenis Cespedes, whom the Red Sox received at the 2014 Trade Deadline. While Cespedes brings plenty of power to Boston’s outfield, there are concerns over his attitude, defense, and low on-base percentage; plus, he becomes a free agent after the upcoming season.

sounds like a great trade for the sox! derp.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think is what we should do... Trade Iwakuma for Cespedes and then sign Cruz to a 4 yr deal with a high avg of $. You only try for Cespedes after you've signed Cruz. We don't know how Iwakuma is going to be next year and I said a year ago to sell high while we could. I was wrong then but we have an excuse to now. Cespedes doesn't get a draft pick for a QO next season I believe? so that's our argument with Sox as well. (This way we keep our top prospects.) Then you just alternate Yoenis/Nelson from DH/RF. It's that or we major overpay for Tomas which now might be easier accepted since our best homegrown player in awhile (Seager) has been paid, but who knows what other players think of that. Either way signing Seager was a nice message to FA's and our farm alike that we intend to contend. I think the price for Upton is going to be to steep and he isn't worth Paxton, DJ or Walker with only 1 yr of control. Then there's Kemp and that's no good because we take on even more $ (which means no Cruz) and give up a prospect of significance but if we could get Friedman to eat some $ it MIGHT be worth giving up a prospect..better option than it would be for Upton. That's pretty much our options now that so many players are off the board. I'm not interested in Gattis unless he comes with Upton. So Cespedes with one of either Kemp/Cruz/Tomas should be our option. Unless they decide to break the bank...and if you're going to do that...then you go Tomas/Cruz that way we keep prospects and you take a risk on ONE older player and hopefully win the lotto on a younger player. I didn't bother adding in Victorino because I'm just not interested. I hope all of this wasnt too confusing lol. It's been awhile since I've been here and since I had access to my email so I could log in..so with that said...I'm home!

I dont think Seattle has a problem rewarding their own.... their problem is they haven't developed their own to pay. I mean who besides Seags has panned out on the offensive side? Anyone since Arod? And he left for the biggest overpay in mlb history.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the M's could only sign one of these FA's this offseason who would you choose?

Tomas
Markakis
Cruz
Moncada
Cabrera

I'm going with Moncada. Time for the M's to go all in on a Cuban.

I would like to see them do something along the lines of sign Cruz and either Tomas or Moncada. Moncada might not be able to step into a big league role right away but he is young and it would be a great way to add young talent and preserve the future of the org.

Cruz is a win now move while the Cuban players would be a little bit of both win now and a move to benefit the future. Of course this is assuming the Cubans pan out.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's a bosux brainiac talking about a straight trade of paxton for cespedes.

Boston Red Sox trade target: James Paxton

sounds like a great trade for the sox! derp.

This is the worst trade idea ever! Paxton should not be on the block in the first place especially for a guy like Cespedes. Shouldn't even be considered, just laughed at.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the worst trade idea ever! Paxton should not be on the block in the first place especially for a guy like Cespedes. Shouldn't even be considered, just laughed at.

Maybe not on the block, but they should, at the very least, listen to offers (but not from armchair GMs). This team hasn't been in the playoffs in 11 years. Every player in the entire organization should be available.

That being said, I agree with you that Paxton for Cespedes would be a foolish trade. I'm not sure Jack Z is even that stupid. But you never know. He doesn't seem to value pitchers much. He jettisoned Fister, Vargas, and Pineda out of town pretty quickly.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign Cruz and trade for Jay Bruce. Rumor is the Reds might be willing to listen on him.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not on the block, but they should, at the very least, listen to offers (but not from armchair GMs). This team hasn't been in the playoffs in 11 years. Every player in the entire organization should be available.

I somewhat disagree, I absolutely believe there should be some guys that are "off limits" to trade. Of course if a team is willing to give up a huge return for "untouchable" guys and blow you away with an offer then it should certainly be considered, that I do agree with.

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cruz/Cespedes/McCarthy and lets call it a day. Let go of Iwakuma and keep our prospects. Sounds like Cruz wants to come here for the most part anyways.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade Kuma for Napoli and Bogaerts.

Trade Miller/Taylor for Mets SP (Niese?).

Trade Elias, Ackley, Saunders/Jackson for Upton and Gattis

Sign highest ranked SP that we can afford that will come here (Lester?, Volquez?, ?)

1- Saunders/Jackson (CF)
2- Bogaerts (SS)
3- Cano (2B)
4- Upton (LF)
5- Seager (3B)
6- Napoli (1B)
7- Gattis (DH)
8- Zunino (C)
9- Jones or ? (RF)

Crazy, but fun.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign Cruz and trade for Jay Bruce. Rumor is the Reds might be willing to listen on him.
Ha, thumbed down without explanation. Anyone want to explain how this would be a bad thing? He may be expensive, but I'd rather trade for a few years of Jay Bruce than 1 year of Justin Upton at the price the Braves are asking.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A RH cheap power option:

Red Sox designated 3B Juan Francisco for assignment.

Francisco's stay in Boston was brief, as the team grabbed him off waivers from the Blue Jays less than a week prior. Francisco was insurance in the event the club couldn't land a big-name third baseman. He was DFA'd to make room for Hanley Ramirez, but Francisco won't be out of a job for long.