• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners 2014/2015 Offseason

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think Upton is going to cost way too much for a guy who strikes out so much and is only on a 1 year deal.

I think they will ask a lot, but settle on far less. If they don't come down on price, then you move on.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
26m26 minutes ago
Mariners have re-signed OF Burt Reynolds per the MLB transactions page. Cousin of Robinson Cano & played at Clinton & High Desert in 2014.

The future looks bright!

02f22reynolds1-494677.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they trade Walker or Paxton for Upton or Kemp you can add it to the long list of failed trades by the Mariners.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they trade Walker or Paxton for Upton or Kemp you can add it to the long list of failed trades by the Mariners.

Paxton yes.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paxton yes.

They better not trade paxton. He is currently the second best pitcher on the big club. Big lefty hoss that can bring the cheese.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How come you think he'll struggle?

huge shoulder injury, substantial change in mechanics, noticeable drop in velocity, those kind of things

if nintendo gave any indication they were willing to get into the $120+ million/year payroll game, i would probably look at trading walker differently.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They better not trade paxton. He is currently the second best pitcher on the big club. Big lefty hoss that can bring the cheese.

sorry if anybody got the idea that by saying "paxton yes" in response to that guy meant i was saying "let's trade paxton".

conversational implicature gets lost over the interwebz

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paxton should be off limits unless the other named mentioned is Trout...which would never happen. I truly believe Paxton should be a Mariner for a long time or until his wheels fall off. He has that kind of stuff. Walker has good stuff, but I think if they can deal him for a value bat that would be the right move. If they could trade Elias for a value bat, even better.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buzz
There are indications that the Braves and Mariners have had talks regarding right fielder Justin Upton and possibly C/DH/OF Evan Gattis. I’m told player names were exchanged on both sides. Seattle, however, is just one of at least four clubs to inquire … Brad Miller and Chris Taylor are hot topics for teams calling the Mariners, as is Michael Saunders. Saunders isn’t likely to last beyond Christmas as one source suggests Seattle wants to “get that one” out of the way. One snag, as always, is the perceived reluctance of Zduriencik to make a deal in which he doesn’t feel he’s the clear winner. “Nobody believes they’ll keep (Saunders), but it’s funny how much they value in trade that they didn’t show when he was healthy enough to play but riding the bench,” quipped an American League executive … There has been some buzz that perhaps the M’s are involved in yet another three-team deal, but the consensus is that such a deal likely will not be consummated until the Winter Meetings December 8-11 in San Diego.
- Jason A. Churchill, 1090 The Fan

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Bowden Prediction:

i

4. Mariners sign Hanley Ramirez

Seattle is committed to getting the final impact bat it needs, and Ramirez is the perfect right-handed bat to put between Robinson Cano and Kyle Seager in the lineup. Ramirez, 30, is a legitimate middle-of-the-order threat and has told his agents he'd be willing to change position for the right contract commitment. The Mariners could play him at shortstop for a year or two, or move him to right field. Cano is encouraging the Mariners' front office to sign him, and Ramirez would fit in nicely in the Cano-led Mariners clubhouse.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buzz
There are indications that the Braves and Mariners have had talks regarding right fielder Justin Upton and possibly C/DH/OF Evan Gattis. I’m told player names were exchanged on both sides. Seattle, however, is just one of at least four clubs to inquire … Brad Miller and Chris Taylor are hot topics for teams calling the Mariners, as is Michael Saunders. Saunders isn’t likely to last beyond Christmas as one source suggests Seattle wants to “get that one” out of the way. One snag, as always, is the perceived reluctance of Zduriencik to make a deal in which he doesn’t feel he’s the clear winner. “Nobody believes they’ll keep (Saunders), but it’s funny how much they value in trade that they didn’t show when he was healthy enough to play but riding the bench,” quipped an American League executive … There has been some buzz that perhaps the M’s are involved in yet another three-team deal, but the consensus is that such a deal likely will not be consummated until the Winter Meetings December 8-11 in San Diego.
- Jason A. Churchill, 1090 The Fan

Ugh:L

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per CBS Sports;

The Mariners and Astros have been among the other teams mentioned as pursuers of Ramirez, but folks around the game see him preferring to go to Boston, where he started and knows Cherington and others, especially good friend and mentor David Ortiz, and where he'd benefit from the Green Monster.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With more bats off the board, I prefer us signing a pitcher and trading for a bat at this point. I wasn't really crazy about the options in 1st place outside of V mart. That Kemp contract doesn't look as bad now compared to the deals Ramirez and Sandoval are getting.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With more bats off the board, I prefer us signing a pitcher and trading for a bat at this point. I wasn't really crazy about the options in 1st place outside of V mart. That Kemp contract doesn't look as bad now compared to the deals Ramirez and Sandoval are getting.

Hanley
Pablo
LaRoche
Martin
Butler
Heyward
VMart
Stanton

dwindling
dwindling
dwindling

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah its getting sparce. Im not against going after one of the Cuban dudes, cause of the Puigs, Cespedes, Abreus of the world.... but in all honesty, if we sign him does anyone actually think he'll pan out?