• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marcus Lattimore

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Scout lauds Hyde selection - San Francisco 49ers Blog - ESPN

I don't take the Hyde pick as an indication that the team is down on the chances of Lattimore returning from injury.

The Seahawks took Christine Michael (correct me if I'm wrong on the name) in the 2nd round last season with Lynch having another few years of tread on those tires.

Run oriented teams just can't resist taking a RB when the value is too good to pass up.

As far as Lattimore is concerned the simple answer is nobody is going to truly know until he throws the pads on and get some preseason game reps in. I believe the team selected Lattimore they knew full well that he would be able to play but they gambled on how effective he would be because the prospect of him returning to form was too good to pass up on.

True. Seahawks have Marshawn and Robert Turbin and they still drafted Michael. You can never have enough good RBs ideally you want to be 3 deep. Rookie RBs are better too because they are signed to cheaper 4 year deals.

I don't think they will cut Gore this year, but they will definitely spell him more and they want multiple options behind Gore as the heir apparent.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We drafted James in the 2nd round as well. I really think they just liked the value. My point was just to show how dominant Lattimore was behind a bad Offensive line in College. He's a guys you just can't count out. Out if all the selections the 9ers have made since 2004, I've never been more excited for a pick then when we selected him last year. And this is coming from a guy who thinks running backs are a fine a dozen.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree this Oline is going to be good for a long time. Martin will be the starter either this year or Next and then we might of drafted Iupati replacement.

Its really going to be interested to see the battle between Latt and Hyde. Im going with Latt. Hyde will play next year when Gore is gone. One spot where I can see Hyde winning is the Goal line Back.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I do agree this Oline is going to be good for a long time. Martin will be the starter either this year or Next and then we might of drafted Iupati replacement.

Its really going to be interested to see the battle between Latt and Hyde. Im going with Latt. Hyde will play next year when Gore is gone. One spot where I can see Hyde winning is the Goal line Back.

Oh, Marcus Martin. I initially thought of Jonathan and was like, "He will???"

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope so. I was surprised at how highly he was thought of. I watch almost every USC game and frankly I was not impressed by him.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Been watching some tape on both Lattimer and Hyde. They have different running styles to say the least...Lattimer reminds me of OJ a bit and Hyde more like Jacobs from NYG sans SF. They should compliment each other. Lattimer also runs a lot of upfield middle screens so we need to really work on screens this year as it isolates him on LBs trying to filter thru the blockers which he is adept at juking. Lattimer is a good screen runner so we definitely need to get better at running this play which is something we don't do much of or very well. JMHO:nod::whistle:

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its funny how everyone was excited about Lat and then when we drafted Hyde, I heard a lot of negative about about Lat since.

I am excited to see both play. I agree this is Gores last year(unless he signs a 1 year deal for like 2-3 mill next year). Hunter is a nice part of this run offense. I hope we keep Hunter after this year.

I am still excited about Lattimore, but drafting Hyde will lead to some speculation weather he will ever be healthy enough to play again. I'm not sure what you mean by negative, but I havent heard much negative talk about Lattimore.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I hope so. I was surprised at how highly he was thought of. I watch almost every USC game and frankly I was not impressed by him.

On the plus side he's only 20 so there is still room for him to grow in terms of his physical body and skills.

And judging from his interviews he appears to be a guy with his head on straight so I do expect him to be a hard worker and stay out of trouble.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I am still excited about Lattimore, but drafting Hyde will lead to some speculation weather he will ever be healthy enough to play again. I'm not sure what you mean by negative, but I havent heard much negative talk about Lattimore.

Lattimore will play again but it's just a question of if he'll be the Lattimore we all know and love or a shell of his former self due to injury.

Right now according to him he lacks his first step explosion and we don't know if he's being optimistic that it'll be back once the adrenaline gets going or if the injury took it away for good.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still a big hunter fan as he deserves a shot.

But Hyde looks like a monster and latimore will be tested this camp. Even if he needs another year that's fine.

Gore will most likely be gone after this yr.

James should traded. I can see holding on to him for injury issues tho.

Hampton could be a dark horse any yr IMO.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But Hyde looks like a monster and latimore will be tested this camp. Even if he needs another year that's fine.

I agree im a hunter fan. Hunter will be the change of pace back. I really think this might be Gores last year guys. Lets enjoy. Great player and a great 49er.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Hunter gets more touches next season. He showed some burst and is capable of giving Gore some rest. I don't think the Niners will get anything for LMJ. Teams that are interested will just wait for the Niners to cut him. I can see Hyde getting carries in the red zone and scoring at least 8 TDs.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hyde will be the starter next year, he is NFL ready, he is a monster and fits our offense to perfection and he can catch the ball out of the backfield. Gore will be done after this year and James will be gone. Leaving us Hyde, Lattimore and maybe Hunter. Hampton wont see the field, way too much talent in front of him. If Latt is healthy then Hampton will get cut.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Did anyone predict we'd take a RB in the 2nd?

It totally caught me off guard. I never saw it coming.

Who does Hyde compare to in the NFL? I heard Arian Foster comparisons and Eddie Lacy comparisons. How about Jamal Lewis?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Who does Hyde compare to in the NFL? I heard Arian Foster comparisons and Eddie Lacy comparisons. How about Jamal Lewis?

I'm hoping he's not like Jamal Lewis in terms of how much cocaine he brings through airports.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He reminds me of Anthony Dixon to be honest. Obviously i think Hyde will be better then Dix.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I saw one or two mocks that had us taking Hyde in the first round. Even so, I was somewhat surprised that we took him. I understand it, though. He fits what we like to do, and our RB situation after 2014 could have become pretty shaky pretty quickly.

taughtmepatience

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is healthy, he is a perfect back for this offense. He has great vision in the hole, patience, and always seems to be leaning forward. A lot of these highlights were "power" trapping type plays that Roman likes to use... Lattimore will fit right in if the burst is there.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope Hunter gets more touches next season. He showed some burst and is capable of giving Gore some rest. I don't think the Niners will get anything for LMJ. Teams that are interested will just wait for the Niners to cut him. I can see Hyde getting carries in the red zone and scoring at least 8 TDs.

If we can improve our short yardage and Goal line Offense 8 or more should be attainable for Hyde!