• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marcus Lattimore

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He reminds me of Anthony Dixon to be honest. Obviously i think Hyde will be better then Dix.

We drafted a RB the last 4 years. We just drafted LMJ in the 2nd rd. That is looking like a bad pick. At least we nailed our first rd pick last year.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We drafted a RB the last 4 years. We just drafted LMJ in the 2nd rd. That is looking like a bad pick. At least we nailed our first rd pick last year.

Hyde was the BPA on the Niners' board. It was not an immediate need, but you have to be proactive. Gore wore down late last year and Hunter is not an every down back. If Lattimore is unable to play this season and Gore gets hurt, who is going to take his place? Hyde is a great pick and he will be the starter in 2015.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping he's not like Jamal Lewis in terms of how much cocaine he brings through airports.

He ain't no Jamal Lewis but I think he has a shot to be a good back. Frankly, I compare him more to Beanie Wells but hopefully he'll work harder than Wells was willing to.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If he was clearly the highest rated player in that player range, it makes sense to make that move. I wonder if they asked the Broncos who they were going to take prior to making that move, or if they had Latimer in that same range, which prompted the move back up. Baalke said the second move just kind of came together. Either way it happened, it was brilliant stealing a future 4th round pick for moving back one spot, and landing Hyde. When we look back on the draft in a few years, I think Hyde will end up being a major steal where we got him. I have a feeling he'll be the best player from our draft class.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hyde was the BPA on the Niners' board. It was not an immediate need, but you have to be proactive. Gore wore down late last year and Hunter is not an every down back. If Lattimore is unable to play this season and Gore gets hurt, who is going to take his place? Hyde is a great pick and he will be the starter in 2015.

I agree to a point. I don't think he will be the main starter. I think he will split with Latt. I really think Latt will be fine and he is going to shock some people or at least hope so.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was clearly the highest rated player in that player range, it makes sense to make that move. I wonder if they asked the Broncos who they were going to take prior to making that move, or if they had Latimer in that same range, which prompted the move back up. Baalke said the second move just kind of came together. Either way it happened, it was brilliant stealing a future 4th round pick for moving back one spot, and landing Hyde. When we look back on the draft in a few years, I think Hyde will end up being a major steal where we got him. I have a feeling he'll be the best player from our draft class.

It wouldn't shock me. Im not that high on Ward. I think it can be Hyde or martin. I think having a young center with a lot of upside will help this line that much more. Last year Goodwin was just bad.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin is going to be good for us... no doubt... that OL will be strong for a long time...(figure the inevitable of Iupati and/or Boone departing, Thomas can step right in)

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin is going to be good for us... no doubt... that OL will be strong for a long time...(figure the inevitable of Iupati and/or Boone departing, Thomas can step right in)

I think that is why they drafted Thomas to replace Iupati because we cant pay everyone. Thomas was suppose to be a Early 2nd rd pick. This kid has talent. The year off will help him get healthy and learn the playbook. On top of that he wont count towards the Cap. Its a great strategy. People will start to copy us once they watch Tank and Latt play this year. Really excited to watch Tank play. Next draft we need to find our next DE. Tank will take J. Smith spot and now we need someone to take McDonalds spot. Tank might take McDonald spot this year.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is why they drafted Thomas to replace Iupati because we cant pay everyone. Thomas was suppose to be a Early 2nd rd pick. This kid has talent. The year off will help him get healthy and learn the playbook. On top of that he wont count towards the Cap. Its a great strategy. People will start to copy us once they watch Tank and Latt play this year. Really excited to watch Tank play. Next draft we need to find our next DE. Tank will take J. Smith spot and now we need someone to take McDonalds spot. Tank might take McDonald spot this year.

this yr, the defensive staff or Harbs did a good job in rotating the DL, whether it was based on injuries or not. Definitely something that improved vs the prior year...

Hope Tank comes ready to play... very excited to see him and how truly destructive he can be.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In somewhat related news, Lattimore's statement was made while he was watching Carlos Hyde do RB drills.

Touché......

I'm not hoping for this but I have this deep down hunch is knee isn't right....or that the things that made him special are gone.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Touché......

I'm not hoping for this but I have this deep down hunch is knee isn't right....or that the things that made him special are gone.

I have that feeling deep down in my plums that you are correct.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

wasn't J. Martin brought in for that, at least insurance for Iupati? if Thomas ends up starting next season, no problem, but can't help think we're getting ahead of ourselves?

regarding last year's injury strategy..........there is no proof yet, that drafting injured players worked out? not against it mind you, just saying not yet.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasn't J. Martin brought in for that, at least insurance for Iupati? if Thomas ends up starting next season, no problem, but can't help think we're getting ahead of ourselves?

regarding last year's injury strategy..........there is no proof yet, that drafting injured players worked out? not against it mind you, just saying not yet.

My understanding of the J. Martin acquisition was that he was an upgrade over Snyder as a swing tackle with possibilities of him possibly trying to play a bit inside. I never heard anything regarding him eventually being groomed to take over for Iupati.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I think in theory J. Martin was brought in to be the swing tackle. He might switch to guard at some point, but I think the initial plan is to try him at tackle

Didn't read Dre's post until after I posted, but what he said.

Last edited by a moderator:

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think in theory J. Martin was brought in to be the swing tackle. He might switch to guard at some point, but I think the initial plan is to try him at tackle

Didn't read Dre's post until after I posted, but what he said.

Great minds think alike, or like shit, or something like that. :suds:

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought getting Martin and Thomas was crucial with FA and injuries. Thomas could be good in a year or two and Martin may win the job right out from the gate

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we brought Martin in to start our hazing program......