• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marcus Lattimore

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I go back to take at old tape of him I realized something that I hadn't previously noticed. South Carolina had a terrible Offensive line (especially in 2010 when Lattimore was a Freshmen). Look at any of the videos below. You will find very few runs where he doesn't have to shake off or break loose from at least 1-2 tackles. If he can return to form our running game is going to be unstoppable.

Give him a chance Harbaugh! I know we have Gore, Hunter, and Hyde to share the load, but I've got a good feeling about Lattimore. I can't wait to see what this guy can do in the NFL behind our O-line. Even with the tough Defenses of the NFC West.

Last edited by a moderator:

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the coaching staff will give Lattimore a chance, him and Hyde are the future of our backfield, Gore is on his way out and Hunter/LMJ just aren't in the long term plans. We could possibly have the most talented RB tandem for years to come.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might be the best RB the SEC has had over the last 10 years, and I think that is saying something. I think he's closer to Frank Gore in style than Carlos Hyde. Lattimore just never seemed to lose yardage on a play. He didn't dance around in the backfield either. He took the ball made 1 cut and found the hole. He was a north and south between the tackles type of back that could slip tackles and power forward for tough extra 1 or 2 yards. When he broke into the secondary he had the quickness to make guys miss and pick up the big plays. Hopefully his ability to cut and his quickness come back.

I really can't wait for next year's draft though to see what happens with Todd Gurley.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its funny how everyone was excited about Lat and then when we drafted Hyde, I heard a lot of negative about about Lat since.

I am excited to see both play. I agree this is Gores last year(unless he signs a 1 year deal for like 2-3 mill next year). Hunter is a nice part of this run offense. I hope we keep Hunter after this year.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not as concerned with Lattimore's health as I was before they drafted Hyde. I would be semi-shocked if Lattimore ever became a top flight back after sustaining the severe knee inuries he has. I think Hyde can take that role if Lattimore is done.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not as concerned with Lattimore's health as I was before they drafted Hyde. I would be semi-shocked if Lattimore ever became a top flight back after sustaining the severe knee inuries he has. I think Hyde can take that role if Lattimore is done.

Didn't Gore become a top flight back though after 2 major injuries in both knees while in college?

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the reason is because Hyde is a damn monster and he is healthy and ready to go now, Latt is still hurt and he even said so himself that he doesn't have the giddy up that he used. Sorry but this is a business and Hyde is the future starting RB until Latt shows he is back to form and that may never happen

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Gore become a top flight back though after 2 major injuries in both knees while in college?

But Gore's knee injuries were not as bad as Lattimore's. All knee injuries are different. Gore tore his acls. In one knee Lattimore tore his acl, mcl, and pcl. The MCL alone is far worse than the acl tear.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gore had ACL injuries to both knees (I believe), for a total of 2 surgeries.

Lattimore had 1 ACL to one knee, and ACL/PCL/MCL to the other knee (leaving just his LCL intact I think- He tore 3 ligaments). The second injury, wow, the whole stability of his knee was compromised so we'll see but odds are against him.

Fingers crossed because I think Hyde/Lattimore/Hunter would be an awesome triple threat.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be Gore/Hyde/Hunter this year..Then the following year Hyde/Lattimore

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He did, as did that other cat from Miami who had the horrendous knee injury in the National Championship game but had a long career in the NFL, ending I think with Denver.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the reason is because Hyde is a damn monster and he is healthy and ready to go now, Latt is still hurt and he even said so himself that he doesn't have the giddy up that he used. Sorry but this is a business and Hyde is the future starting RB until Latt shows he is back to form and that may never happen

Could still be a role player. Fear is the thing Lattimore needs to get over more than anything I believe.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latimore may not be ready this season. Gore/Hyde should be an excellent combo and will help Gore stay fresh for the long haul. It's apparent that Hyde is the future. I do hope that Latimore can come back from his devastating injuries. He has shown so much faith and perseverance.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latimore may not be ready this season. Gore/Hyde should be an excellent combo and will help Gore stay fresh for the long haul. It's apparent that Hyde is the future. I do hope that Latimore can come back from his devastating injuries. He has shown so much faith and perseverance.

Don't sell Hunter short.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He claims he needs to get onto the field to get that burst back

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baalke has always said he wanted a 3 headed monster at RB and with the Hyde being drafted we could have that with Gore/Hyde/Hunter. But I think Hunter could be re-signed for relatively cheap and next year it could be Hyde/Lattimore/Hunter. I would rather that then throwing another rookie into that mix.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Scout lauds Hyde selection - San Francisco 49ers Blog - ESPN

I don't take the Hyde pick as an indication that the team is down on the chances of Lattimore returning from injury.

The Seahawks took Christine Michael (correct me if I'm wrong on the name) in the 2nd round last season with Lynch having another few years of tread on those tires.

Run oriented teams just can't resist taking a RB when the value is too good to pass up.

As far as Lattimore is concerned the simple answer is nobody is going to truly know until he throws the pads on and get some preseason game reps in. I believe the team selected Lattimore they knew full well that he would be able to play but they gambled on how effective he would be because the prospect of him returning to form was too good to pass up on.