• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tournament Thread March Madness thread

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think all six of your core guys stick around next year? If so, that team is scary as hell.

Although, I don't know why Bridges and Brunson would stay. Two titles already, and what else can they really prove at the college level?

If everybody came back, I honestly think an undefeated run would be in play. Plus they have 3 top 50 players coming in. Would be as loaded on talent and experience as any team I can remember, probably looking at 2007 Florida as the last IMO.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dougplayer right now:
tenor.gif

More like

jack-daniels-o.gif

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booth actually has a year left because of medical redshirt. He'll be back.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booth actually has a year left because of medical redshirt. He'll be back.

Shit, I thought this was his last year, he's been around forever it seems like.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, I'd like to say for those who follow college ball the whole season, Villanova's success is a result of amazingly not missing on a recruit in the span of like 6 years.

Not only has nobody not transferred, some guys are even willing to redshirt to wait their turn to play. And those guys have been either as good or better than their ranking.

It's something that's unsustainable in the long run. Eventually you whiff on a recruit. Eventually guys go pro when they have no business doing so. Eventually kids' egos get the best of them and they transfer. But none of that happened in the past 6 years.

It's a lot of good recruiting and a good bit of luck too.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, I'd like to say for those who follow college ball the whole season, Villanova's success is a result of amazingly not missing on a recruit in the span of like 6 years.

Not only has nobody not transferred, some guys are even willing to redshirt to wait their turn to play. And those guys have been either as good or better than their ranking.

It's something that's unsustainable in the long run. Eventually you whiff on a recruit. Eventually guys go pro when they have no business doing so. Eventually kids' egos get the best of them and they transfer. But none of that happened in the past 6 years.

That's a great post. Hilliard, Pinkston, Arch and Ochefu really turned the culture around and started this dynasty. All 4 year guys, then Hart and Jenkins took it over the top. The Wayns/Cheek year(s) got away from Wright.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You guys are basically a better version of Beilein's system and I applaud you for that. Jay Wright is basically Beilein if he were to get better recruits.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stay 2 years or go straight to NBA. Duke and Kentucky UNC would get their bad ass recruits every other year instead getting them every year. Leaving more recruits elsewhere.

Plus that year #2 is a lot more experienced than freshman = way more fun to watch.

March is still madness. But it's a crap shoot besides teams like this Nova squad

UNC has had 3 OAD's in 13 years. Don't think they belong in there with Duke and UK.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Villanova is the first mens NCAA champion to win all of its tourney games by double figures since North Carolina did it in 2009.
And 1/2 of those six dead bodies strung along the Nova path to the championship were the Big 12's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams...beating them by 16, 12 and 12 points respectively.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably not 100% sustainable every year JJ, but doesn't Wright target kids that have the characteristics that make Nova who they are? I agree 100% is unusual, but I give 'em credit for getting kids that "fit".

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Congrats. This year’s team might be the best I’ve ever seen take a college basketball floor. They truly have no weakness.

Kudos to Michigan I thought they put together the best plan possible to win but the intensity they started with was not substainable with their bench. They left nothing on the court and that is all you can ask of a team.