• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tournament Thread March Madness thread

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and I watched this team and the game was over. Who gives a shit if they didn't foul. There was no way that FSU was winning the game because they were completely gassed and had no TO's. I watched an Arizona game like 15 years ago or something where they were down by 10 with a minute left. They scored and fouled and basically ground it out and eventually won. Thing is that they called a bunch of timeouts during it. It was the best piece of coaching I've ever seen at the college level.

I get it. You want these players to fight to the end. FSU fought to the end and realized the game was over and they didn't foul. It's not like they didn't play way over where they were seeded. Game was over. Hats of to FSU for a great run.

I'm gonna call bull shit on this one since they played 10 guys this game, and only 2 guys played more than 30 minutes.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was certainly a slim chance that they could have won at that point. It has happened before. It is extremely unlikely, but that doesn't make it not weird that they didn't try.

Thank God Michigan wasn't going to have to punt it away...different sport.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine. It was the coach who decided to call it quits earlier than pretty much any other coach in the game would have.

What timeout did he decide that? They lost. The game was over. Everybody knows that and the players on the floor realized that with 10 seconds left and didn't foul. They played their asses off thee entire tournament and deserve props for what they accomplished. I don't get this contrived dialogue here. Game was over.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the FSU team that bumped off Xavier and Gonzaga doesn't have any heart. You guys really have the shit figured out.
Zags lost their second best player that game. Zags are perhaps FF bound if not for the injury.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and I watched this team and the game was over. Who gives a shit if they didn't foul. There was no way that FSU was winning the game because they were completely gassed and had no TO's. I watched an Arizona game like 15 years ago or something where they were down by 10 with a minute left. They scored and fouled and basically ground it out and eventually won. Thing is that they called a bunch of timeouts during it. It was the best piece of coaching I've ever seen at the college level.

I get it. You want these players to fight to the end. FSU fought to the end and realized the game was over and they didn't foul. It's not like they didn't play way over where they were seeded. Game was over. Hats of to FSU for a great run.
Guess you don't watch college bbsll. Louisville was up 4 with 3 seconds left against Virginia. Extend the gm and shit happens . Virginia won btw., how do you play an e entire gm and quit.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true. But they still quit.

How did they fucking quit? Their hearts were crushed. They knew like everybody else did that the run was over. It sucks for them because they played their asses off every step of the way. You going to judge them on 10 seconds vs the 159 minutes leading up to that? Let the stupid NBA guys who never sniffed the final 4 tell you what to think. And fuck Kenny Smith. That guy played at Carolina on stacked teams and he never cut down any nets. Who the hell is he to judge these guys.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What timeout did he decide that? They lost. The game was over. Everybody knows that and the players on the floor realized that with 10 seconds left and didn't foul. They played their asses off thee entire tournament and deserve props for what they accomplished. I don't get this contrived dialogue here. Game was over.
Except games have been won in that situation. Why are you so defensive over this?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except games have been won in that situation. Why are you so defensive over this?

Why? Because it shouldn't be a dialogue. Should they have fouled? Obviously. Point being is that they didn't have timeouts and the players on the floor had to manage it themselves. They gave up because they figured that it was unwinnable at that point. DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT'S WHAT COST THEM THE GAME? They had a great run and they didn't quit. Inbounds went to last guy you wanted it to go to and they shrugged their shoulders. Nothing but some false dialogues that a jackass like Kenny Smith would want to push.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Because it shouldn't be a dialogue. Should they have fouled? Obviously. Point being is that they didn't have timeouts and the players on the floor had to manage it themselves. They gave up because they figured that it was unwinnable at that point. DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT'S WHAT COST THEM THE GAME? They had a great run and they didn't quit. Inbounds went to last guy you wanted it to go to and they shrugged their shoulders. Nothing but some false dialogues that a jackass like Kenny Smith would want to push.
ok buddy

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Playing like a bunch of idiots the last minute is what cost them the game.

Let me edit...it prevented them from perhaps winning. Playing like crap for 39 minutes is what cost them the game.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing like a bunch of idiots the last minute is what cost them the game.

Yeah, they should have really called a timeout to regroup. My bad, they didn't have any! I'm not a huge "coach" guy but they obviously serve a purpose. These guys gutted it out to the end and saying that them not fouling iis characteristic of everything leading up to that (yes, it was a mistake) is absurd. Great run by FSU but they lost to a better team. Why can't people leave it at that? I know, the media needs their fucking contrived talking point!

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they should have really called a timeout to regroup. My bad, they didn't have any! I'm not a huge "coach" guy but they obviously serve a purpose. These guys gutted it out to the end and saying that them not fouling iis characteristic of everything leading up to that (yes, it was a mistake) is absurd. Great run by FSU but they lost to a better team. Why can't people leave it at that? I know, the media needs their fucking contrived talking point!

They didn't have any because Hamilton had to burn them because they played like shit for 39 minutes. You act like the same 5 players played the whole game. Only 2 guys played more than 30 minutes and they played 10 players during the course of the game.

Also I'm not sure why you're assuming we are all saying this cost them the game. I don't think anybody has said that, it just gave them a 0% to win, albeit a slim chance at that.