• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manti Te'o is a fraud

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone needs to make Chip some sort of code that automatically likes any new post so he doesn't have to do it manually.
Or tell him that this isn't email and he doesn't need to mark everything "Read".

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HSdRi.gif

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^

Lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friend says Ronaiah Tuiasosopo confessed to Manti Te'o girlfriend hoax - ESPN

She said Tuiasosopo gave her the tearful confession and account of how he played what he said was at first a game on the unsuspecting Te'o. And, she said, he told her that it wasn't the first time he had done it.

"He (Ronaiah) told me that Manti was not involved at all, he was a victim. ... The girlfriend was a lie, the accident was a lie, the leukemia was a lie," said the woman. "He was crying, he was literally crying, he's like 'I know, I know what I have to do.'

"It's not only Manti, but he was telling me that it's a lot of other people they had done this to."

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just posted the story dude.

But yes, I'm more inclined to believe ND and quotes from people familiar with the situation than starbigd.

Also, the more info that comes out, the more it favors Te'o which isn't a bad sign.

Last edited by a moderator:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just posted the story dude.

But yes, I'm more inclined to believe ND and quotes from people familiar with the situation than starbigd.

Also, the more info that comes out, the more it favors Te'o which isn't a bad sign.

I can understand that, you're a fan, you've got an emotional investment.

But what info has come out that supports his outlandish story? The more info that comes out, the more we find out how much he AND ND have lied.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what info has come out that supports his outlandish story? The more info that comes out, the more we find out how much he AND ND have lied.

Well....the story I just posted.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well....the story I just posted.

So, the second hand story from a friend of his with motive to make him look better is good enough for you?

So the fact that he can't come out with the truth doesn't bother you? The fact that the longer it takes, the more likely it is he's lying more?

The major holes in his story and timeline don't bother you? The fact that he by his own admission knew in early december but continued to lie to the media and sell his story? The fact he made NO attempts to correct the inconsistencies in his story?

I'm struggling to understand just exactly WHAT makes him or his story believable when he has lied multiple times, and can't come clean.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not buying it. So he pulled off a female voice, stayed on the phone with this cat for 4 to 8 hours a night, faked family members, faked hospital doctors.......for over 3 years, NEVER breaking character or getting any of them confused?

You REALLY want to believe Te'o, don't you?

Supposedly him and his cousins were doing it together. But he created twitter account and got girl's pics and all that. And they also found out he did it to people in the past too. He confessed to some unknown girl, they have an interview.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone really wanted to get to the bottom of this, they should try and obtain his phone records over the past 3 years. See how often, if at all, he called palo alto, see if there were indeed nights for 8 hour phone calls. If those phone records show that, then I would be inclined to believe Te'o.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone really wanted to get to the bottom of this, they should try and obtain his phone records over the past 3 years. See how often, if at all, he called palo alto, see if there were indeed nights for 8 hour phone calls. If those phone records show that, then I would be inclined to believe Te'o.

Yeah, you think they would have confiscated his phone, if you can do that? It isn't a criminal case.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly him and his cousins were doing it together. But he created twitter account and got girl's pics and all that. And they also found out he did it to people in the past too. He confessed to some unknown girl, they have an interview.

I'm not saying that dude isn't a part of this. I just find it very hard to believe he could basically do this full time for 3 years with no pay off involved. Just too many moving pieces. We're talking an entire faked family here......hospital faked. These kinds of involved schemes just do not happen. Too many ways you can mess up, too many voices, too many lies you have to keep up with.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you think they would have confiscated his phone, if you can do that? It isn't a criminal case.

That's the catch, I'm not sure if anyone would be able to since, like you said, it's not a criminal investigation. But if he wanted to absolve himself, he could provide them (not that he has to).

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying that dude isn't a part of this. I just find it very hard to believe he could basically do this full time for 3 years with no pay off involved. Just too many moving pieces. We're talking an entire faked family here......hospital faked. These kinds of involved schemes just do not happen. Too many ways you can mess up, too many voices, too many lies you have to keep up with.

You also thought Lance was innocent. I recommend you second guess yourself going forward to avoid looking like a fool again.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The girl that he confessed to said him and cousins would all have computers just working on this shit hours a day. I guess they are full-time pranksters and nothing better to do with their lives.

It seems odd, but there has to be so motive behind it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the catch, I'm not sure if anyone would be able to since, like you said, it's not a criminal investigation. But if he wanted to absolve himself, he could provide them (not that he has to).

He probably just wants to stay as far as the media as he can, I guess he is really embarrased. But it looks so sketchy and looks like he did by holding out like this. He needs to get this interview done ASAP.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND AD Jack Swarbrick already outed Manti Te'o saying Manti was aware it was a hoax on Dec 6th, yet Manti referred to his dead girlfriend at least twice in interviews with the media after Dec 6th.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also thought Lance was innocent. I recommend you second guess yourself going forward to avoid looking like a fool again.

When have I ever said Lance was innocent of anything?