• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manti Te'o is a fraud

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Te'o is gay, and this is all just a huge cover up to hide this fact. I just can't believe he was spending nights on the phone with a guy( who posed as a girl for a couple of years).

I'm thinking it will come out that he's a gay!

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think when teo finally does say something he will say that he didnt actually talk on the phone every night, but instead he talked over the Internet with "her" most nights. And I think he will admit he blew up the relationship. I don't think he will be able to sit in an interview and say he didnt visit the love of his life as she was dying in the hospital or know the year she graduated from Stanford.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manti Te'o talked about girlfriend after knowing of hoax - ESPN

Two more instances of Manti Te'o talking about the death of his girlfriend after Dec 6th.

At the Heisman Trophy presentation Dec. 8 in New York, ESPN's Chris Fowler asked Te'o what moment of his very public story of tragedy he would remember.

"I think I'll never forget the time when I found out that, you know, my girlfriend passed away and the first person to run to my aid was my defensive coordinator, Coach [Bob] Diaco, and you know he said something very profound to me," Te'o said. "He said, 'This is where your faith is tested.' Right after that, I ran into the players' lounge and I got on the phone with my parents -- and I opened my eyes and my head coach was sitting right there. And so, you know, there are a hundred-plus people on our team and the defensive coordinator and our head coach took time to just go get one (of those players). You know I think that was the most meaningful to me."

Te'o also said on ESPN Radio the same day that he hoped his grandmother, who died Sept. 12, and his girlfriend, who was reported to have died on the same day, were proud of him.

Last edited by a moderator:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if it was a hoax.. He found out about it Dec 6...HE CONTINUED TO PLAY OFF IT KNOWING IT WAS FAKE!!!! THAT MOTHER FUCKER IS GUILTY!!!!

That's been my point for pages now. At that very minute he became complicit.

The fact he hasn't come out and told his side makes him guilty as well.

The TRUTH doesn't need coaching or take time to tell. Lies take time to be fabricated. Every day he waits, he gets less and less credible.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if it was a hoax.. He found out about it Dec 6...HE CONTINUED TO PLAY OFF IT KNOWING IT WAS FAKE!!!! THAT MOTHER FUCKER IS GUILTY!!!!

If you all used some critical thinking you could come up with a reason why he did that. Comon think real hard and you can figure it out, I know you all can.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The case against LA wasn't pointless unless you think he would have admitted guilt without it?

What does this have to do with Te'o? You were arguing against reason before, and here you are doing the same thing. I'm just reminding you.

Fair enough.....I really did WANT LA to be innocent for what that's worth.

But I'm not arguing against reason. Te'os story does not add up, there are a ton of holes in it, and you know this. Beyond all the lies as well. I want the kid to be innocent, but the fact is he impugned himself when he continued to lie about this after finding out the truth.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As did I. It was heartbreaking... and I'm pissed.

See, the cheating isn't what bothered me about it......I live in Austin, and people here LOOOOOOVE them some Lance.......you got a ton of wannabes that ride around town everywhere, and they now adding bike lanes on every street........

My problem is how VICIOUSLY he went after everyone that accused him.......I mean Greg Lemond didn't even directly accuse him of anything and he got that dude's bike contract dropped by Trek......just cold blooded.

I mean in the end I don't really care who can ride a bike around france faster, but I do care that he spent significant time ruining people's lives.

EDIT: Andreu's wife REALLY needs to let this go though. That chick is BITTER, and it's going to do nothing but poison her. She hate EVERYBODY - Lance, the press, EVERYBODY

Last edited by a moderator:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is annoying me with its coverage. They're "breaking news" with stuff Deadspin reported a couple of days ago. Like all that stuff Shelley Smith reported was in the original report. Deadspin even released a story today naming her sources and what they had told them in the original report. Apparently its impossible for ESPN to not be shitheads

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone really wanted to get to the bottom of this, they should try and obtain his phone records over the past 3 years. See how often, if at all, he called palo alto, see if there were indeed nights for 8 hour phone calls. If those phone records show that, then I would be inclined to believe Te'o.

That's what I'm thinking. Cell phone records last forever. Time to find out what else Te'o claimed he was doing that was lies.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm thinking. Cell phone records last forever. Time to find out what else Te'o claimed he was doing that was lies.

Lying isn't criminal...You really want people to be able to pull your phone records anytime they want? :bullshit:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lying isn't criminal...You really want people to be able to pull your phone records anytime they want? :bullshit:

nah, it just shoots all his credibility to pieces. Can't trust what he says if all he does is lie

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you all used some critical thinking you could come up with a reason why he did that. Comon think real hard and you can figure it out, I know you all can.

He still wanted to win the Heisman.

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lying can be criminal, although in this case it's clearly not. The NCAA might be ale to find a violation somewhere though, knowing them.

Also, the gay theory is an interesting one. I'm not sure I believe it, but it wouldn't be all that surprising. If it is true, someone will find out and publish it. Once the media get hold of something they ain't letting go.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0117-manti-teoing-launch-3.jpg

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manti Te'o of Notre Dame Fighting Irish denies being part of hoax about late girlfriend - ESPN

Schapp lobbed him some softballs (off camera of course) 3 days after the Deadspin story broke and he had a chance to go over everything with this people. Why wasn't he allowed to talk the day after?

Oh and now he's claiming the whole thing affected his play in the Championship game. I'm guessing it didn't have as much of an impact as actually playing a quality team did.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find this whole think kind of funny. He made up a online girlfriend fighting cancer and the media fell for it. Now since they found out it is a fake, they are making him out to be this horrible person. Teo fooled the media and they are not liking it.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK

1.) He was being duped in an (on and off) online relationship for 3 years.
2.) He lied and embellished the details of the relationship to his dad.
3.) His dad gave those details to the media and they ran with the embellished story because it was inspiring.
4.) Te'o continued mentioning his dead girlfriend after learning she wasn't really dead (on Dec 6th) because she was "dead to him".

Do I got this right?