• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manti Te'o is a fraud

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK

1.) He was being duped in an (on and off) online relationship for 3 years.
2.) He lied and embellished the details of the relationship to his dad.
3.) His dad gave those details to the media and they ran with the embellished story because it was inspiring.
4.) Manti continued misleading the media in interviews to support the original lies to his dad.
5.) Te'o continued mentioning his dead girlfriend after learning she wasn't really dead (on Dec 6th) because she was "dead to him".

Do I got this right?

fifm

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
83031223.jpg

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. He's a gay for sure.

I'm not completely convinced of that.

He is apparently deeply religious. It sort of makes sense that he could be so easily duped. It's like a kid believing in Santa. They want to believe, so they ignore the realities that contradict.

That he allowed himself to benefit in popularity from the embellished story (for so long) is where I have a problem.
He was intentionally lying about important details all along.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is apparently deeply religious. It sort of makes sense that he could be so easily duped. It's like a kid believing in Santa. They want to believe, so they ignore the realities that contradict.
That he allowed himself to benefit in popularity from the embellished story (for so long) is where I have a problem.

You mean Santa isn't real?!?!?!?

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope. He's a gay.

:happy:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after his interview, he basically cleared up NOTHING. He's still lying.

Oh well......I guess I don't even care anymore, I'm moving on with this shit. The kid has some mental issues, I just hope my Cowboys don't draft him.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course NBC would be posting something positive about him. They are obligated to rep Notre Dame

It didn't strike me as a "positive" article from Florio. Basically stating that after the ESPN interview, there are still some things that don't make sense.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't strike me as a "positive" article from Florio. Basically stating that after the ESPN interview, there are still some things that don't make sense.

ahh, I just read the whole "He seemed calm and composed like he wasn't lying" and didn't read too much else

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahh, I just read the whole "He seemed calm and composed like he wasn't lying" and didn't read too much else

Yeah, calm and composed just like he was when he was interviewed talking about his girlfriends death after he found out she never died. lol

Im not saying he is guilty, just that his "calmness" isnt something helps his case, IMO. He probably was duped, but he still lied, played up the relationship, and is pretty gullible

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this :badmin:?

BA_pumlCYAECNaS.jpg:large

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had two theories, 1) That he was in on it or 2) He got duped because he's an idiot but definitely lied and exaggerated details of his relationship for drama, attention, who knows what. After reading details from various places since the interview, it seems like #2 is the winner.

And really, given all the reports, that's best possible outcome for him. He's not dasterdly. He's just amazing gullible/borderline all out stupid who milked this for all its worth and his lies blew up to bite him far worse than he ever could imagine.

Oh, and he outed himself as the worst BF ever. In response to not visiting his "gf" after so many horrific things happened to her, his response was "It never crossed my mind. I was in school". :L Holy shit. I know girls that freak out if you go one day without calling them. Geez

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had two theories, 1) That he was in on it or 2) He got duped because he's an idiot but definitely lied and exaggerated details of his relationship for drama, attention, who knows what. After reading details from various places since the interview, it seems like #2 is the winner.

And really, given all the reports, that's best possible outcome for him. He's not dasterdly. He's just amazing gullible/borderline all out stupid who milked this for all its worth and his lies blew up to bite him far worse than he ever could imagine.

Oh, and he outed himself as the worst BF ever. In response to not visiting his "gf" after so many horrific things happened to her, his response was "It never crossed my mind. I was in school". :L Holy shit. I know girls that freak out if you go one day without calling them. Geez

Bingo.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will never find a good boyfriend now after all of this!!