• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manningham won't be ready for training camp

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm honestly not sure. One of the problems with our starting receivers is that they're somewhat similar. That's not to say that Crabtree and Boldin play all the similarly, but they are similar in that they do most of their damage in the short-to-mid-range area. Fortunately we have a TE who can stretch the field, but we really need a guy like Jenkins or Lockette to step up as a deep threat IMO.

Boldin and Crabtree have had some success on the outside, so I think we'll see a lot of different alignments. But we really don't have that true vertical threat right now.

yeah, if they can at least stretch the short/medium ranges "East-West", it'll still help. spread the field and make it harder for defenders to cheat run.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told you this cat was soft. He's already shying away from footballs and contact. I hear he is limitd again in practice as well.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Told you this cat was soft. He's already shying away from footballs and contact. I hear he is limitd again in practice as well.

Since we're re-visiting your statements, you also said that because he was soft he wouldn't play at all this season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be fine. Give the guy a little break. By playoff time he will be fine

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we're re-visiting your statements, you also said that because he was soft he wouldn't play at all this season.

Has he played a game yet? I hadn't noticed. I certainly hadn't noticed any impact.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Has he played a game yet? I hadn't noticed. I certainly hadn't noticed any impact.

You have a lot of trouble accepting when you're wrong. You made a silly prediction, just own it and move on. If you'd said he wasn't going to be effective, you would have been right. But that sort of reasonable prediction isn't really your style.