• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning chooses Broncos

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Do you think I am stupid???

Tavaris had 80% of the TDs Smith had in the reg season while INTs were 260% of Smith.

Based on your argument for Smith being "very good", yes, I think you're stupid.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's not THE category. Preventing turnovers is important, but if you don't score, you don't win.
Duh

Would you prefer a QB throw 3 TDs and 3 INTs and put up 21 points, or throw 0 TDs and 0 INTs and put up 0 points?
Worthless hypothetical.

Why do you think he was so low in attempts? Why do you think every QB in the league with 16 starts threw more passes than Smith (as well as some with less than 16 starts)?

Is it because of our super conservative offensive approach, our record setting run game, or our limited QB?

Which would you choose?
Totality of our group in the passing game. OL,WR,TE,RB and QB of course but OL was the weak link, then WR. Yes a better QB makes any situation better but we didn't have a better QB. We had Smith who had a very good year anyhow.

Back to winning. AKA points have to be greater than opponent.

Limiting INTs is surely #1.

90% of TDs are scored by the offenses in the NFL and so >90% of the points are scored on offense because no defense kicks a FG, only a rare safety.

INT = You Don't Have The Ball.

You REALLY limit your ability to score without possession.

CASE CLOSED.

Last edited by a moderator:

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And 3 and outs are great for offensive production as well I'm sure.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next year we should have solid upgrades at WR and RG. those are the weakest areas on the team. it should help us open up the offense more often and run the ball more effectively, especially in the redzone.

can u imagine a right side of davis and boone with iupati pulling? then sopoaga the lead blocker? gore will be able to moonwalk into the endzone.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next year we should have solid upgrades at WR and RG. those are the weakest areas on the team. it should help us open up the offense more often and run the ball more effectively, especially in the redzone.

can u imagine a right side of davis and boone with iupati pulling? then sopoaga the lead blocker? gore will be able to moonwalk into the endzone.

Wasn't that what we already tried last season?

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duh

Worthless hypothetical.

Totality of our group in the passing game. OL,WR,TE,RB and QB of course but OL was the weak link, then WR. Yes a better QB makes any situation better but we didn't have a better QB. We had Smith who had a very good year anyhow.

90% of TDs are scored by the offenses in the NFL and so >90% of the points are scored on offense because no defense kicks a FG, only a rare safety.

CASE CLOSED.

so, FGs are an offensive stat? i thought it was a STs stat?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Duh

Worthless hypothetical.

CASE CLOSED.

Wait. Are you seriously saying that you have to outscore your opponent so limiting INT is the most important part of playing? Then surely in the future teams will start punting on 3rd down rather than try to force throws that might be intercepted. I'm sure teams will start handing the ball off every play just so they don't throw an interception. Besides, RB fumble rates are much lower than QB INT rates generally, so it would make sense to run the ball (plus, when your RB fumbles, you have a chance to recover it!).

I'm looking forward to the new breed of NFL offense where teams never throw the ball, because moving the ball down the field and scoring points comes second (I assume scoring at least ranks second) to turning the ball over. I know every coach in the world would trade give up a TD if it meant they didn't turn the ball over.

Now's when you site the stat about winning percentage for teams that win the turnover battle.

I'll make a preemptive counter with the stat for teams that have won games when being shut out. There aren't any.

If turnovers are the almighty stat and they cancel out Smith's subpar performance in every other category except rating and comp %, then clearly "very good" isn't strong enough. He must have had one of the greatest seasons ever. Did Joe Montana or Steve Young ever have a season as good as Smith? Why did we even entertain Manning? We have a QB who can limit turnovers in a system that has so little faith in him it rarely ever asks him to take chances!!

Tell us about how Smith was better than Stafford (16 INT) and Brees (14 INT) this year. Afterall, Smith had a better TD:INT ratio than both did. We'll throw in Rodgers too, since Smith had a better INT percentage than Rodgers (1.1 to 1.2). Take that Packers!! The Niners were right in 2005 afterall.

You must feel like the 24M/3 year contract is a massive insult to Smith. He had one of the best INT ratios ever.

Lastly, you really limit your ability to score by not scoring. Case closed.

Sorry, was that supposed to be in all caps?

I want to propose the "just kneel" offense for next year. If all we do is kneel every time we get the ball, we can't turn it over. Plus it will be psychology beneficial for the team because we will always be in "victory formation." As long as our defense can score (apparently by FG) we're good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't that what we already tried last season?

did u miss the season? chilo was beyond bad. edwards was basically a no show. morgan was looking good and gets a freak injury in a blowout.

edwards and morgan were replaced so far, now for RG.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. Are you seriously saying that you have to outscore your opponent so limiting INT is the most important part of playing? Then surely in the future teams will start punting on 3rd down rather than try to force throws that might be intercepted. I'm sure teams will start handing the ball off every play just so they don't throw an interception. Besides, RB fumble rates are much lower than QB INT rates generally, so it would make sense to run the ball (plus, when your RB fumbles, you have a chance to recover it!).

I'm looking forward to the new breed of NFL offense where teams never throw the ball, because moving the ball down the field and scoring points comes second (I assume scoring at least ranks second) to turning the ball over. I know every coach in the world would trade give up a TD if it meant they didn't turn the ball over.

Now's when you site the stat about winning percentage for teams that win the turnover battle.

I'll make a preemptive counter with the stat for teams that have won games when being shut out. There aren't any.

If turnovers are the almighty stat and they cancel out Smith's subpar performance in every other category except rating and comp %, then clearly "very good" isn't strong enough. He must have had one of the greatest seasons ever. Did Joe Montana or Steve Young ever have a season as good as Smith? Why did we even entertain Manning? We have a QB who can limit turnovers in a system that has so little faith in him it rarely ever asks him to take chances!!

Tell us about how Smith was better than Stafford (16 INT) and Brees (14 INT) this year. Afterall, Smith had a better TD:INT ratio than both did. We'll throw in Rodgers too, since Smith had a better INT percentage than Rodgers (1.1 to 1.2). Take that Packers!! The Niners were right in 2005 afterall.

You must feel like the 24M/3 year contract is a massive insult to Smith. He had one of the best INT ratios ever.

I want to propose the "just kneel" offense for next year. If all we do is kneel every time we get the ball, we can't turn it over. Plus it will be psychology beneficial for the team because we will always be in "victory formation." As long as our defense can score (apparently by FG) we're good.

LOL!!! reppd!

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Straw man Straw man Straw man Straw man Straw man Straw man Straw man Straw man Straw man Straw man

And stop lying about him being subpar is everything but INTs. It was TDs and was avg to above avg in Yards Per and Comp%.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well the lack of ints worked. guess who was watching who in the nfc championship game...

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Straw man Straw man Straw man Straw man Straw man Straw man Straw man Straw man Straw man Straw man

And stop lying about him being subpar is everything but INTs. It was TDs and was avg to above avg in Yards Per and Comp%.

Wasn't his yards per BELOW AVERAGE?!? And the one below average stat you concede happens to be the most important stat a QB can have. Perfect.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did u miss the season? chilo was beyond bad. edwards was basically a no show. morgan was looking good and gets a freak injury in a blowout.

edwards and morgan were replaced so far, now for RG.

I was referring to your goal line wet dream of Davis and Boone on the right side, iupati pulling with sop in the backfield lead blocking. It was that scenario that my comment was aimed at.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Everything that disagrees with you is a strawman eh? Convenient for your argument.

You stated that the most important thing to do in football is limit turnovers. The best way to do that is to not run plays. Sure you sacrifice scoring, but that's secondary to limiting to turnovers.

He was 17th in yards per attempt. That's the bottom half. I'm not sure how "subpar in every other category EXCEPT RATING AND COMP PERCENT" got past you, but I acknowledged his completion percentage was not below average.

It was far from very good though. He ranked 11th. That's out of 32 starters, not the "everyone who threw a pass" grouping you tried to use last time we had this discussion.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
well the lack of ints worked. guess who was watching who in the nfc championship game...

That only works part time though, right? Because Eli had 16 INTs, and Brady had 12.

I wonder why their teams were so successful if the QBs turned the ball over so much more than ours viper. Could it be all the extra scoring drives they led?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That only works part time though, right? Because Eli had 16 INTs, and Brady had 12.

I wonder why their teams were so successful if the QBs turned the ball over so much more than ours viper. Could it be all the extra scoring drives they led?

iblame kyle williams

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was referring to your goal line wet dream of Davis and Boone on the right side, iupati pulling with sop in the backfield lead blocking. It was that scenario that my comment was aimed at.

We even threw Justin Smith in there as a blocker WITH Sop and Boone (this was Boone making it a 6 man line, not a 5 man line as seksiwidow wants to see.

That failed for us. Now he's going to blame it all on Snyder.

I'm pretty sure we ran a few plays in the NFCC game with the 5 regular OL, Boone, Rachal, Sop and J Smith all into block.

They didn't work.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

when we had davis on the inside he made suh his bitch. don't think we used it more than a couple times. usually we had a 6th offensive lineman in there for some sort of wacky play.