• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Major NFL Rumor: Sam Bradford telling people he was notified he will be traded?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not losing much value IMO once you throw in those players and considering the draft class we are looking at.

Be a bad trade in a year when Calvin Johnson is available at #2....but when Leonard Williams is the best option for the Titan's, it is a good move down IMO.

That said: I don't believe it!

Fletcher Cox is a superstar. He changes the deal as long as you are singing him long term.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fletcher Cox is a superstar. He changes the deal as long as you are singing him long term.

I'm far from an expert on him. But I have seen a good player every time I have seen the Eagles play. But superstar is a bit much isn't it?

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, he is, but Kendricks is pretty close too. If mad emperor Kelly-gula wants to trade them and the first rounders he gets this year, I'm all for it. He's going to have to man his defense with a lot of people playing in the fourth quarter of the last pre-season game --> somewhere, a McDonalds will be losing a burger flipper or more for the balance of the NFL season.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he is, but Kendricks is pretty close too. If mad emperor Kelly-gula wants to trade them and the first rounders he gets this year, I'm all for it. He's going to have to man his defense with a lot of people playing in the fourth quarter of the last pre-season game --> somewhere, a McDonalds will be losing a burger flipper or more for the balance of the NFL season.

If the Eagles grade out DL help in the draft and they feel that the position is deep with the specific kinds of DL they use for their D, then it would make sense to use your early picks to move up the board. You get Mariota and you now draft Cox and Hendricks' heir apparents in the middle of the draft. It's plausible, although IMO not too likely.

Maybe TEN feels some sort of way with Mettenberger and see the value of immediate upgrades at key positions while hoarding 1st rounders in order to strengthen their overall team, very Bill Walsh-like if I may add. But I think this deal comes down to how sold TEN management is on Mettenberger for the future IMO. But wtf do I know?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is not a reality--for now. But I could see a deal like this going down.

What appears to be real, for now, is that Bradford reportedly told people he thinks he might get dealt. He is apparently refusing to sign a longer deal for now because he believes he can play a year and increase his value. He also wants to see where he is going to wind up apparently. That sounds believable.

It is also believable in my book that Chip would trade a mix of picks and players for MM. And Kendricks and Cox are obvious candidates because both are very good, and both are entering the final year of their current contracts. Kendricks is also potentially expendable now that they have acquired Kiko Alonzo (though he and Kendricks together would be a killer ILB combo).

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles trading for Bradford now makes a little bit more sense

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles trading for Bradford now makes a little bit more sense

Maybe, but I think they could have held on to Foles and probably gotten someone to cough up a first for him.

Is Cox a superstar? No, that's a little much. But he is a Pro Bowl caliber DL just entering his peak. He was really good last year. But he plays 3-4 DE and the sacks went to some other guys.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thing is, this would not be true. He would have Kiko Alonzo and Demeco Ryans as inside LBs, and would still have guys like Bennie Logan, Cedric Thornton, Beau Allen, Brandon Bair and Vinny Curry on the interior line. Is there a dropoff? Yea. But DL in particular happens to be one of his areas of depth so maybe Cox is more expendable in his mad scientist mind than fans realize.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy it. I read something about a 3 way trade between SD (receive Phillys first and Bradford), Philly(receive Tenns first) and Tenn (receive Rivers) and it makes more sense. But more would need to be given up, no way could Tenn get Rivers for just their first.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys realize if this trade happens we will get 6 straight months of Tebow coverage right?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarntt is right... Cox is a superstar without a big rep. I think he is the 2nd best DT in the NFL behind Suh. If we give up picks 19 and 20 along with Michael Kendricks and Fletcher Cox to get Mariotta... well Mariotta better be the next coming of Jesus. Philly's D take a HUGE step back without Fletcher Cox. The guy doesnt have name recognition but guys who know football know that Cox is a flat our STAR.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm far from an expert on him. But I have seen a good player every time I have seen the Eagles play. But superstar is a bit much isn't it?

No it isnt. Fletcher Cox is the 2nd best DT in the NFL behind Suh. All the common fan knows is sacks but Cox is a dominant force. The reason why a Cowboy fan called Cox a superstar is cause he watched him single handidly beat the Cowboys last season. He doesnt have a big rep but he is a STAR.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys realize if this trade happens we will get 6 straight months of Tebow coverage right?

It does the exact opposite. If the Eagles give up two 1sts and two stud D players to get Chips boy Mariotta... Tebow will be a distant memory.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does the exact opposite. If the Eagles give up two 1sts and two stud D players to get Chips boy Mariotta... Tebow will be a distant memory.
Not until the season is underway.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, this would not be true. He would have Kiko Alonzo and Demeco Ryans as inside LBs, and would still have guys like Bennie Logan, Cedric Thornton, Beau Allen, Brandon Bair and Vinny Curry on the interior line. Is there a dropoff? Yea. But DL in particular happens to be one of his areas of depth so maybe Cox is more expendable in his mad scientist mind than fans realize.

There was a bit of hyperbole in my statement, but if the Eagles traded away Cox and Hendricks, there would be more of a dropoff than you're describing. Cox is the anchor of that line, and they've got no one to replace his production. Same with Hendricks, a fast ILB that can do many things for your defense. Yes, you've got Alonso; but you're assuming he'll come back healthy, which is a big IF. Trading away those picks will also deprive Philly the opportunity to fortify its secondary with someone like a Marcus Peters, who may very well be there at #20.

Thumper

The "winners" won't let me post.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is anything to this rumor.

Seems like another Rock Strongo production.

magic-mike__span.jpg

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Bradford has gone on record saying he won't sign an extension with the Browns.

PhillyJoker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully it doesn't go down.

I'd be okay with either (Kendricks, 2x1st Round Pick) or (Cox, 1x1st Round pick, and maybe a 4th or later) but Cox is a really, really good player. There is no way I deal both Cox AND Kendricks though. Right now that is the biggest strength on our team, the front seven. However, the more I think about it the LESS I'd want to trade either player. I'd much prefer to trade Bradford, 2x1st's, and however many 2nd+ rounders to get the deal done.

PhillyJoker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly the BEST move might be to stand pat. I could see Mariota sliding quite a bit. Other than Chip, I'm not sure if anyone in the league is too high on running QB's that don't have Cam Newton's size.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the fascination over Bradford. Draft status is all I can figure. Stl has a solid D and that is what has kept them in some of the games.