• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Major NFL Rumor: Sam Bradford telling people he was notified he will be traded?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Bradford to the Browns for the #19 pick

The #19 and #20 picks, from Philly, along with Mychael Kendricks and Fletcher Cox to Tennessee for the #2 pick, Marcus Marriotta

Sam Bradford reportedly telling people he has been notified he will be traded

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone else hear this? i cant find it online...got this from a friend whos usually ahead of the game on these.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never say never, but this is a lot to digest. I don't see how all these pieces can come together if the values were even which IMO they are not.

First off Cle would be crazy to give up the #19 pick for Bradford IMO. Now let's move onto trade #2 and looking at it piece by piece. Fletcher Cox is one of the best young defensive players in the league, but in the last year of his deal. I'm not that big on Kendricks and yes he is expendable for Philly even though a good player. Just the two #1's are of course nowhere near enough to get you the #2 pick in the draft. Looking at the whole thing unless Philly is giving up on this season AND has no interest in resigning Cox there is no way they do this. If I am Tenn and I have cap room for Cox going forward I do this so fast that I may give the card to Goodell before he even announces Tampa Bays pick.

Here's another problem with it. I think TB takes Mariotta.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never say never, but this is a lot to digest. I don't see how all these pieces can come together if the values were even which IMO they are not.

First off Cle would be crazy to give up the #19 pick for Bradford IMO. Now let's move onto trade #2 and looking at it piece by piece. Fletcher Cox is one of the best young defensive players in the league, but in the last year of his deal. I'm not that big on Kendricks and yes he is expendable for Philly even though a good player. Just the two #1's are of course nowhere near enough to get you the #2 pick in the draft. Looking at the whole thing unless Philly is giving up on this season AND has no interest in resigning Cox there is no way they do this. If I am Tenn and I have cap room for Cox going forward I do this so fast that I may give the card to Goodell before he even announces Tampa Bays pick.

Here's another problem with it. I think TB takes Mariotta.
i questioned it too...but...the browns are beyond desperate for a capable franchise QB, and that could be bradford if his vagina stays intact.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the usual rumor that has been floating about since Phi traded for Bradford, I have read nothing about this. Twitter is quiet. Usually, twitter will start "blowing up" if there is even a hint of truth to this.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the usual rumor that has been floating about since Phi traded for Bradford, I have read nothing about this. Twitter is quiet. Usually, twitter will start "blowing up" if there is even a hint of truth to this.

I don't think there is anything to this rumor.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theres a thread on the redskins board i just found, so it aint just me...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from that other thread:

NJ.com's Mark Eckel passes along a "rumor making its rounds in NFL personnel meetings" of the Eagles trading Sam Bradford to the Browns for the No. 19 overall pick in the draft.

The Browns already offered No. 19 to the Rams for Bradford, prior to his trade to Philadelphia. St. Louis didn't accept because it wanted a quarterback, and wound up acquiring Nick Foles. The Browns are "still said to have interest" in Bradford. Per Eckel, the rumor has the Eagles then sending Nos. 19 and 20 -- plus Mychal Kendricks and Fletcher Cox -- to the Titans in exchange for No. 2 overall, where Philly would select Marcus Mariota. Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reported Friday that Bradford currently believes the Eagles may be planning to trade him.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the same rumor that has been floating out there for the last 6 weeks. Nothing new here.

And for what it's worth, Phi would likely need to add a third 1st round pick to make this comparable.

#2 = 2600
#19 + #20 = 1725

Titans lose 1/3 of their value in this deal. Even when you add the aforementioned players, they are still losing value.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the Eagles need to give the Titans their 2016 1st round pick. Cox and Kendrciks are FA in 2016. They could be a one year rental.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the first ive heard that "bradford is telling people he has been told he will be traded"

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bradford goes to CLE you can count on him getting hurt on his way to the stadium for a meet and greet. Between his own injury history and how CLE chews up QB's, it's a sure thing.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the first ive heard that "bradford is telling people he has been told he will be traded"

Where are you hearing that? There is no one reporting that. And Mark Eckel is an Eagles beat reporter throwing out possible trade scenarios.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you hearing that? There is no one reporting that. And Mark Eckel is an Eagles beat reporter throwing out possible trade scenarios.
a friend of mine...

hes just usually accurate and ahead of these things.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 NFL Draft rumors: Which 3-team trade with Browns makes sense for Eagles? | NJ.com

Here's a story about a potential three-way trade involving Cleveland, Philly, and a top five team. Basically, it involves Chippy trading Bradford to the Browns for both of their first rounders, thus getting three first rounders this year. (I seriously doubt Cleveland would trade both of its firsts for Bradford straight up, but they may do it if it involves players like Fletcher Cox, who can replace Ahtyba Rubin.) With those three picks, he then trades them to a top five team to then select Mariota.

There, of course, various permutations to this trade scenario. If Chippy can only get one first rounder from Cleveland, especially if that's the later of their two firsts, he may have to trade a player or two to a top five team mentioned in the article.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 NFL Draft rumors: Which 3-team trade with Browns makes sense for Eagles? | NJ.com

Here's a story about a potential three-way trade involving Cleveland, Philly, and a top five team. Basically, it involves Chippy trading Bradford to the Browns for both of their first rounders, thus getting three first rounders this year. (I seriously doubt Cleveland would trade both of its firsts for Bradford straight up, but they may do it if it involves players like Fletcher Cox, who can replace Ahtyba Rubin.) With those three picks, he then trades them to a top five team to then select Mariota.

There, of course, various permutations to this trade scenario. If Chippy can only get one first rounder from Cleveland, especially if that's the later of their two firsts, he may have to trade a player or two to a top five team mentioned in the article.
this may have legs

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford getting traded is plausible. The Titans trade sounds like complete fantasy.

poprocksncoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor: Trade could send Bradford to Browns, Mariota to Eagles - CBSSports.com

The latest wild trade rumor in a period in which such rumors run rampant claims that theEagles are set to discuss possible draft-day trades that could include the Browns andTitans, who own the second overall pick, per NJ.com. Never mind that three-team swaps on the day of the draft are quite rare.

The rumored deal would involve University of Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota and current Philadelphia signal-caller Sam Bradford.

One swap supposedly rumored in NFL personnel meetings has the Eagles trading Bradford to Cleveland for the 19th overall selection. That is nothing new - it has been widely reported that the Browns offered St. Louis that pick for Bradford before he was shipped to Philadelphia for Nick Foles and a 2016 second-rounder. Despite reports that Bradford would not sign an extension with Cleveland, the Browns are rumored to be still interested.

The trade would then play out with the Eagles sending their 19th and 20th picks along with defensive tackle Fletcher Cox and linebacker Mychal Kendricks to Tennessee for the No. 2 pick, which they would use to take Mariota.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the same rumor that has been floating out there for the last 6 weeks. Nothing new here.

And for what it's worth, Phi would likely need to add a third 1st round pick to make this comparable.

#2 = 2600
#19 + #20 = 1725

Titans lose 1/3 of their value in this deal. Even when you add the aforementioned players, they are still losing value.

It's not losing much "value" IMO once you throw in those players and considering the draft class we are looking at.

Be a bad trade in a year when Calvin Johnson is available at #2....but when Leonard Williams is the best option for the Titan's, it is a good move down IMO. Get a solid DT and a solid LB plus 2 solid 1st round picks. I would do that trade if I was them.

That said: I don't believe it!