• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mahomes Says He Has Been Cleared From Concussion Protocol

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know how it's even possible to be out of protocol already if they followed the rules to the tee. Theres like 5 days worth of stuff to pass before you're even supposed to return to light exercise. I really hope he's actually ok.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry, ..he won't remember anything.
I'd have to imagine KC wouldn't let him play if they were concerned . The kid is the whole franchise. But 5 days is insanely fast. I would really hope they're not so short sighted to rush him back

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to imagine KC wouldn't let him play if they were concerned . The kid is the whole franchise. But 5 days is insanely fast. I would really hope they're not so short sighted to rush him back
Oh he’s definitely being rushed back and I 100% expected it. I’m not even calling out the Chiefs. Every team in the league would do the same thing whether they admit it or not. I wouldn’t be surprised if Mahomes wasn’t absolutely honest with the training staff this week either. That’s just how it is this deep into the playoffs.

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. So that means no excuses Chiefs. Start playing like you want to win rather than just getting a C- to pass.
I also want a completely unquestionably indisputably unprecedented in it's scope dominant curb stomping.

But I also realize this is not a scripted TV show, it's a game in a league engineered for parity and intergalactic conundrums between warring factions are not always completely and peacefully resolved in 60 minutes or less.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh he’s definitely being rushed back and I 100% expected it. I’m not even calling out the Chiefs. Every team in the league would do the same thing whether they admit it or not. I wouldn’t be surprised if Mahomes wasn’t absolutely honest with the training staff this week either. That’s just how it is this deep into the playoffs.
He was in the film room Tuesday and on the field Wednesday and took every snap.

If he was in the NFL Concussion Protocol, Mahomes and the Chiefs broke every single rule.

1. 24 hours in a darkened room. No lights, no visitors other than medical
2. No team activities for a min. 5 days.
3. Every other concussed player was prevented from returning to the field for 10 days.

If this was the Patriots, this board would be in flames Chiefs should be fined $10M and lose two first round picks. the Patriots lost a third round pick this year because someone took a picture of the fuckin' Bengals sideline from 80 feet above the field.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ If Mahomes can stand at a urinal and not have to hold onto the handicap bar, he's good to go. If he's not 100%, then he could take some serious hits and if he agreed to play, his future could be at risk. Ever heard of CTE??

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
back in the day. Mahomes would have been back in the same game.

Anyone remember a guy named Tom Waddle? Bears WR. That guy seemed like went through 11 smelling salts a game. Wonder if he is still alive?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Bills, I'm sending.....

fTTBLia.gif
There is actually a big debate as to what the Bills defense should do.

In the first matchup, the Bills dared KC to run 70% of the time and sold out completely on the pass 30% of the time. There is a thought that if Josh Allen played better and/or their run defense was just a little bit better that the correct way to beat KC is this strategy. I don't think thats true but the PFFs of the world think there is some validity to it. Chiefs had like 8 yards per carry or something silly that game.

Bringing everyone, as you say, is normally the thing to do against a banged up QB but thats Mahomes bread and butter is beating the blitz. Its why the Chiefs made short work of the Ravens earlier in the season.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he was in the NFL Concussion Protocol, Mahomes and the Chiefs broke every single rule.

3. Every other concussed player was prevented from returning to the field for 10 days.

If this was the Patriots, this board would be in flames Chiefs should be fined $10M and lose two first round picks. the Patriots lost a third round pick this year because someone took a picture of the fuckin' Bengals sideline from 80 feet above the field.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ If Mahomes can stand at a urinal and not have to hold onto the handicap bar, he's good to go. If he's not 100%, then he could take some serious hits and if he agreed to play, his future could be at risk. Ever heard of CTE??

lol this was funny

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You forgot the part where Roger Goodell agrees to have the incriminating evidence destroyed.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is actually a big debate as to what the Bills defense should do.

In the first matchup, the Bills dared KC to run 70% of the time and sold out completely on the pass 30% of the time. There is a thought that if Josh Allen played better and/or their run defense was just a little bit better that the correct way to beat KC is this strategy. I don't think thats true but the PFFs of the world think there is some validity to it. Chiefs had like 8 yards per carry or something silly that game.

Bringing everyone, as you say, is normally the thing to do against a banged up QB but thats Mahomes bread and butter is beating the blitz. Its why the Chiefs made short work of the Ravens earlier in the season.

Mohomes is banged up yes, but specifically concussed. Blitzing Mahomes is not needed to be a game long strategy.
If I'm the Bills I send everyone on the first series with the single goal of giving Mahomes a real good knocked to the ground (or a couple)
and see what happens. Knowing Mahomes he will try to gut it out even if he becomes a bit loopy ..and that could work in the Bills favor.