• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tua back in concussion protocol

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering how severe the 1st one was, and realizing that this is his 2nd one this season - the correct answer when asked about Tua's availability for this weekend should have been "Considering the recent history, and Tua's well being, he will not be available for this weekends game."

End of story. Any other hemming and hawing about whether he can pass protocol or not is 100% irrelevant. Dude should NOT be playing this weekend, at a minimum.
In muy opinion, he should not play any more this season - especially after 3 this season and one was very bad!

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In muy opinion, he should not play any more this season - especially after 3 this season and one was very bad!
I can't find an argument that disagrees - if you truly care about your players - this is the time to put the money where your mouth is.....

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was never going to have a long career in the nfl based on his collegiate career. Dude was injured every game it seemed

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was never going to have a long career in the nfl based on his collegiate career. Dude was injured every game it seemed
Stafford was a China Doll for a while. Then he played for years on a shifty team in Detroit, got traded and won a Superbowl. Give a guy a chance.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford was a China Doll for a while. Then he played for years on a shifty team in Detroit, got traded and won a Superbowl. Give a guy a chance.
whole different animal today with concussion studies
sometimes the rocks roll easier with some players

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I've noticed in all of these concussions for Tua is that his neck seems to snap back every time he's taken down. Now that may just be bad luck or whatever but I've seen in just this season, Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady and others tackled the same way and yet have the wherewithal to keep their chin tucked into their collar and not have the head hit the turf. I'm not trying to throw shade at Tua or diminish the concussion part of this in any way here. I'm just noticing some of this stuff and wondering about using it as a teaching tool on how to absorb hits. Guys are going to get hit and hit hard. That's just a fact of the game at an elite level. But all the protocols and the stupid over reaction penalty thing that happened last time aren't the answer, imo. Educating players is the biggest factor in preventing this but also recognizing that the love of this game isn't worth the risk at some point when you've had too many. Don't know if Tua is there yet on the too many but he is dangerously close.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This made me laugh. You don't remember how awful Tebow was a QB do you? Living in BroncosNation I watched all of his games. It was a laugh riot.

Poor mechanics. Terrible decision making. Bad arm strength. He was a fumbling machine. And only completed 46.5% of his passes his one year as a starter.

Tua's never had a losing record in any season. Has completed 65.7% pf his passes. And has a decent TD/into ratio. 52/23

Tim Tebow was the ultimate fantasy football weapon.

The play was to start Tebow for the rushing yards + TD upside AND also stream the opposing defense he faced for the TOs and the sacks.

It was a goldmine.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Tebow was the ultimate fantasy football weapon.

The play was to start Tebow for the rushing yards + TD upside AND also stream the opposing defense he faced for the TOs and the sacks.

It was a goldmine.

I have never seen a QB with such made mechanics. He always looked awkward throwing a football. The odd thing is some Broncos fans around here still don't understand why the team didn't keep him. Which is very odd for them not to understand why.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I've noticed in all of these concussions for Tua is that his neck seems to snap back every time he's taken down. Now that may just be bad luck or whatever but I've seen in just this season, Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady and others tackled the same way and yet have the wherewithal to keep their chin tucked into their collar and not have the head hit the turf. I'm not trying to throw shade at Tua or diminish the concussion part of this in any way here. I'm just noticing some of this stuff and wondering about using it as a teaching tool on how to absorb hits. Guys are going to get hit and hit hard. That's just a fact of the game at an elite level. But all the protocols and the stupid over reaction penalty thing that happened last time aren't the answer, imo. Educating players is the biggest factor in preventing this but also recognizing that the love of this game isn't worth the risk at some point when you've had too many. Don't know if Tua is there yet on the too many but he is dangerously close.

I noticed that as well.. almost as a baby's with underdeveloped neck muscles might. Knowing how to hit the ground and/or soften the impact of a blow is a skill.. and one that he seems to lack. Then there's the arm strength or lack of and the periodic wild inaccuracy. I'll be surprised if he's still starting for anyone in 3 years.. if he's not out of the game completely.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly Tua needs to hang out with this dude and up his neck muscle game....

Image result for big neck dude

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed that as well.. almost as a baby's with underdeveloped neck muscles might. Knowing how to hit the ground and/or soften the impact of a blow is a skill.. and one that he seems to lack. Then there's the arm strength or lack of and the periodic wild inaccuracy. I'll be surprised if he's still starting for anyone in 3 years.. if he's not out of the game completely.
As a pro I hit the ground many times. I took Judo to learn how to fall!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the little shits went outside once in a while, they might learn how to fall
now that head slamming in the turf just might be a different animal.
I did it at 80 miles per hour with no concussions.
Only concussion I ever got was from a bicycle crash with no helmet.....

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ski crash for me, with a helmet. I always wear a helmet on my bicycle, and while playing hockey. I convinced my daughter to wear one skiing and cycling, too. The ski crash was the only reported concussion. I don't know why people don't wear helmets. Every one of mine has protected me from injuries.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand, I had a good high school friend die at 36 due to a bike accident. Every situation can be completely different

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ski crash for me, with a helmet. I always wear a helmet on my bicycle, and while playing hockey. I convinced my daughter to wear one skiing and cycling, too. The ski crash was the only reported concussion. I don't know why people don't wear helmets. Every one of mine has protected me from injuries.
I raced Motocross professionally. I would not ride a motorcycle 10 feet without my helmet.
My racing helmet was a trophy. It had a lot of scars and stains - every one of them with a story.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do Michael Kennedy, Sonny Bono and Dumbo have in common? A trunk in the middle of their face. Wear your helmets.

Helmets are mandatory at my old hockey rink, but masks were not. I nagged the guys and finally got almost all of them to wear masks, too.

Everyone in Massachusetts wore bike helmets. Here in Deleware, almost no one does. I won't even take my bicycle out for a block to check the tires without a helmet.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone in Massachusetts wore bike helmets. Here in Deleware, almost no one does. I won't even take my bicycle out for a block to check the tires without a helmet.
I always wear a helmet when bicycle riding - but at 16 I didn't need one - being invinceable and all!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always wear a helmet when bicycle riding - but at 16 I didn't need one - being invinceable and all!
Image result for this is so true gif

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a pro I hit the ground many times. I took Judo to learn how to fall!

I played RB for a few years so I knew how to fall. But my folks.. mom actually, pulled me out of football after my 3rd concussion... none had anything to do with hitting the ground though.