• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tua back in concussion protocol

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it always Tua?
That continues to play after getting a concussion? Other players get yanked even without a concussion. Just in case. Very least to be checked out.
Thought it was a New York thing about pulling players. Or is it a team thing? If its a team thing. I think we need to look into this.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the play, and saw his head bang off the turf, explains the tale of halves. He was lights out till then and then imploded in 2nd. If he is out for Sunday, huge for NE, because they haven't beaten him yet I believe
It's 2 days later and McDaniel is standing at the podium saying, "I don't know when it happened, blah, blah". Seriously, the spotter system and more importantly the Dolphins people look like fools at this point. If this is anything major, Tua could be fucked.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's 2 days later and McDaniel is standing at the podium saying, "I don't know when it happened, blah, blah". Seriously, the spotter system and more importantly the Dolphins people look like fools at this point. If this is anything major, Tua could be fucked.
No doubt and it could be the end of his career, many like Reed and Kuechly retired early so they wouldn't end up like a Seau. It was a bang bang play and Tua is tough and shook it off like nothing happened. I didn't see it happen live, only on a replay yesterday

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt and it could be the end of his career, many like Reed and Kuechly retired early so they wouldn't end up like a Seau. It was a bang bang play and Tua is tough and shook it off like nothing happened. I didn't see it happen live, only on a replay yesterday

He's too young to have already suffered multiple concussions. If he values his long term health he should retire. Demaryius Thomas also suffered multiple concussions in his 20's during his career. I don't wanna see Tua end up like him.

And I know some might consider my comment extreme. But multiple concussions in a violent sport are nothing to take lightly because all of them will impact his health down the road.

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fast forward to 2-3 years from now and Tua's dead by suicide, or in jail for beating his girlfriend to death. I imagine there will be at least a few people "surprised" that something like that happened and are shocked and outraged because there were no warning signs. :tsk:

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to keep the record straight, Seau had CTE, although that's a close medical relative of concussions and can be caused by the same kind of impacts. CTE is generally diagnosed only in a post-mortem.

Seau and Tua both deserve better. Aaron Hernandez had CTE, too, but I suspect his problems were deeper.

Dave Duerson of the Bears committed suicide by shooting himself in the chest, so his brain could be examined later. It was determined that he also had CTE.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's too young to have already suffered multiple concussions. If he values his long term health he should retire. Demaryius Thomas also suffered multiple concussions in his 20's during his career. I don't wanna see Tua end up like him.

And I know some might consider my comment extreme. But multiple concussions in a violent sport are nothing to take lightly because all of them will impact his health down the road.
No 100% and that's why I said it may be the end of his career already. Tough to pass up 100's of millions and easy for us to say, and if I was in the situation, Iprob would take my chances, play more and bank another 5 years or so if possible. Other jobs like cops, firemen, construction workers are out there daily, for a lot less, risking their lives too

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people have retired in their prime due to concussions.
Before its time Roger Staubach retired due to concussions.
Patrick Willis in his prime retired looking at data from concussions.

My understanding about concussions (could be wrong) is it is like a breaker. Every time you trip it it gets weaker & easier to trip again. So if every time you get a concussion you get more susceptible to a concussion.
Two things.
When do you decide I had to many & retire?
When do we think the NFL puts an actual number you can have in a season, before parking your ass for the rest of the season?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This made me laugh. You don't remember how awful Tebow was a QB do you? Living in BroncosNation I watched all of his games. It was a laugh riot.

Poor mechanics. Terrible decision making. Bad arm strength. He was a fumbling machine. And only completed 46.5% of his passes his one year as a starter.

Tua's never had a losing record in any season. Has completed 65.7% pf his passes. And has a decent TD/into ratio. 52/23

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This made me laugh. You don't remember how awful Tebow was a QB do you? Living in BroncosNation I watched all of his games. It was a laugh riot.

Poor mechanics. Terrible decision making. Bad arm strength. He was a fumbling machine. And only completed 46.5% of his passes his one year as a starter.

Tua's never had a losing record in any season. Has completed 65.7% pf his passes. And has a decent TD/into ratio. 52/23
Tebow has more playoff wins than tua and dak combined....and Troy smith

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow has more playoff wins than tua and dak combined....and Troy smith

Troy Smith, really? Wow is that pathetic. Try to stay on topic. I'm not taking any shots are yer boy Tebow. He wasn't a good NFL qb, and the numbers back that up. Try living in reality once. You might like it. But maybe not since you think Tebow was a good qb.

His numbers against the Steelers. For that game Pittsburgh was missing starters on both sides of the ball.

10-21

Now his numbers against the Pats.

9-26 (34.6%)

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering how severe the 1st one was, and realizing that this is his 2nd one this season - the correct answer when asked about Tua's availability for this weekend should have been "Considering the recent history, and Tua's well being, he will not be available for this weekends game."

End of story. Any other hemming and hawing about whether he can pass protocol or not is 100% irrelevant. Dude should NOT be playing this weekend, at a minimum.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking with a dentist about kids in sports. Her son was in the local middle school on the football team. I flat out told her that if I had a son, I wouldn't let him play football.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking with a dentist about kids in sports. Her son was in the local middle school on the football team. I flat out told her that if I had a son, I wouldn't let him play football.
May be why you don't have a son

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it always Tua?
That continues to play after getting a concussion? Other players get yanked even without a concussion. Just in case. Very least to be checked out.
Thought it was a New York thing about pulling players. Or is it a team thing? If its a team thing. I think we need to look into this.
It should be an NFL official thing.
It certainly wasn't a team thing - he self reported after the game.