• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mahomes extended by Chiefs

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Like I’ve said since the cousins fiasco, and I’ll say it again, unless you find a Mahomes, teams are just going to have to draft a qb every 4 years and spend the money building the rest of the team. 45 yr is ridiculous due to the cap, and with the nfl getting so involved in politics their revenue may not be as great as they’re projecting
Exactly, what do they have to gain by getting involved? Stay away from that shit. You’re in the fucking entertainment business. Just going to further piss off the casual fans which they need for revenue.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if he never wins another SB for KC....will that one SB in his rookie contract will be worth $500M?
To KC? Probably. The Royals aren't a consistent contender and they probably won't get an NBA team.

I think it would be a bit disappointing but winning a Super Bowl is hard.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs probably won’t win another SB, as it will have to be under a new name.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elizabeth Warren (Pocahontas) says it hurts her Indian feelings

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget about Prescott....I now wonder what D. Watson's next contract will look like with Houston.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Patrick Mahomes' 10-year contract is worth $503 million and includes $477 million in "guaranteed mechanisms."
It's still a 10-year extension, but the new numbers are far better for Mahomes than initially reported. It makes him the first American athlete to sign a contract worth a half billion dollars, and the reported "guarantees" went from $140 million to $477 million. The fine details of this will be confusing, likely containing options, rolling guarantees, and other fancy agent lingo. The bottom line is the quarterback market is finally catching up to a quarterback's true on-field worth. Mahomes will be making $50 million annually for the next decade plus, a cool $15 million more than Russell Wilson. It's certainly a gamble worth taking for the Chiefs, as Mahomes is on an unprecedented early-career trajectory.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Patrick Mahomes' 10-year contract is worth $503 million and includes $477 million in "guaranteed mechanisms."
It's still a 10-year extension, but the new numbers are far better for Mahomes than initially reported. It makes him the first American athlete to sign a contract worth a half billion dollars, and the reported "guarantees" went from $140 million to $477 million. The fine details of this will be confusing, likely containing options, rolling guarantees, and other fancy agent lingo. The bottom line is the quarterback market is finally catching up to a quarterback's true on-field worth. Mahomes will be making $50 million annually for the next decade plus, a cool $15 million more than Russell Wilson. It's certainly a gamble worth taking for the Chiefs, as Mahomes is on an unprecedented early-career trajectory.

I believe Mr. Bus Cook would call this a 1 year contract extension since its all team options past that :rolleyes2:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take:

Cousins
Wilson
Brady
Rodgers
Brees
Ryan

Maybe Wentz. I'm still a little cautious about injuries.
Taking the money out of it, the only player on that list the Cowboys, and I think most NFL teams would trade Dak straight up for is Russell Wilson. Would I trade Dak straight up for Cousins? Hell no. For Brady? Brady is nearly my age lol. Same with Brees. Rodgers is old and broke. Ryan is headed downhill. Wentz is more talented but can't keep his soft as Charmin ass on the field.
I wouldn't pay Dak $40 million, but then I wouldn't pay any QB except maybe Mahomes $40 million because you could simply draft a QB and surround him with $40 million more per year in extra talent and win just as many games. But Dak is a Heck of a player

Last edited: