• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mack Brown says North Carolina will be like Oklahoma on offense, wants to score 50 PPG

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense champ, but 2015 Texas Tech Mahomes put up 4600 yards and 36 td's in the big 12. They put up 35 on Arkansas and he went for 243 and two picks.

Arkansas gave up 46 to Auburn, 50 to Ole Miss and 52 to Mississippi St....

2015 Mason Rudolph went 18 for 31 179 yards and scored 20 points on Ole Miss...after throwing for 4000 yards and 28 touchdowns in the big 12.

6 other opponents scored more than 20 points on Ole Miss...including both G5 opponents.

Will Grier and the Mountaineers scored 40 on Tennessee...impressive, but 5 SEC teams scored at least 38....

It seems to me that your offensive production in the big 12 is a product of shit defense as much as anything else.

It was disheartening watching us run the ball in the 4th quarter instead of putting up 60 plus on that shit you call a rival.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense optional? That is the stupidest shit I've ever heard. The Big 12 plays trash defense, thats it

Now a UK fan talking about trash units is ironic if nothing else.

BlueDevil

OBX Legend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does he realize UNC doesn't care about football?

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack Brown comes from the coaching tree of Barry Switzer.

Half a Hundred Baby!!!

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you guys are kind of a mirror image of OU. All defense and no offense.

giphy.gif

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was disheartening watching us run the ball in the 4th quarter instead of putting up 60 plus on that shit you call a rival.

Who are you fucking kidding. You scored your last TD with 2:02 to go in the 4th on a 10 yard pass from Grier to Stills, on a 98 yard drive that featured a 29 yard completion and a 38 yard completion. You weren't exactly in short yardage formation.

We scored 58 on them and Tua left the game with 12:53 to go....in the 3rd quarter.

Your game was 13-7 at the half, ours was 42-14. Potent Big 12 offense right there...GTFO with that bullshit.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you fucking kidding. You scored your last TD with 2:02 to go in the 4th on a 10 yard pass from Grier to Stills, on a 98 yard drive that featured a 29 yard completion and a 38 yard completion. You weren't exactly in short yardage formation.

We scored 58 on them and Tua left the game with 12:53 to go....in the 3rd quarter.

Your game was 13-7 at the half, ours was 42-14. Potent Big 12 offense right there...GTFO with that bullshit.

That was with basically running out the clock the whole 4th quarter. Maybe watch the game next time instead of looking at the recap.

Congratulations on Alabama finally having a potent offense. It’s a shame no one else in that conference can come close.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was with basically running out the clock the whole 4th quarter. Maybe watch the game next time instead of looking at the recap.

Congratulations on Alabama finally having a potent offense. It’s a shame no one else in that conference can come close.
Our offense has been potent enough to win 5 NCs. When was the last B12 team able to win one?

alt1001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does he realize UNC doesn't care about football?

False. The higher ups are placing a big emphasis on football, hence why big donors pushed to have Mack. UNC is willing to pay $1m+ for coordinators and just opened up a nearly $40m football facility. They care, which is why Mack is back.

As for the offense, I think folks are caught up in the details rather than the intent. He's simply saying he wants to run a high powered offense and rightfully so. The cupboard isn't bare on the offensive side of the ball. Larry recruited well on offense all the way up until he was fired. The issues that plagued the offense this year were inherently at QB because Larry had an antiquated view on how to deal with freshman playing rather than simply letting the best players play. As a matter of fact, by the time he let Ruder and Fortin play, the season was over and everyone realized how inept Larry was because of how good they looked. What Mack inherits on offense is the entire starting OL, top 3 leading rushers, 7 of the top 8 leading receivers (8th may decide to come back) and 3 really good QB's including Howell who just flipped from FSU. I would bet my paycheck the offense next year is really good.

Now defense is another story. I hope Bateman is a miracle worker.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What mack means is they're also going to run the air raid. He got the right guy at OC to do it.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
False. The higher ups are placing a big emphasis on football, hence why big donors pushed to have Mack. UNC is willing to pay $1m+ for coordinators and just opened up a nearly $40m football facility. They care, which is why Mack is back.

As for the offense, I think folks are caught up in the details rather than the intent. He's simply saying he wants to run a high powered offense and rightfully so. The cupboard isn't bare on the offensive side of the ball. Larry recruited well on offense all the way up until he was fired. The issues that plagued the offense this year were inherently at QB because Larry had an antiquated view on how to deal with freshman playing rather than simply letting the best players play. As a matter of fact, by the time he let Ruder and Fortin play, the season was over and everyone realized how inept Larry was because of how good they looked. What Mack inherits on offense is the entire starting OL, top 3 leading rushers, 7 of the top 8 leading receivers (8th may decide to come back) and 3 really good QB's including Howell who just flipped from FSU. I would bet my paycheck the offense next year is really good.

Rest assured, if the defense is bad, Mack will throw the DC under the bus like he did with Manny Diaz.

Funny how Diaz has been a very good DC except when working under Mack...

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Mack Brown is at Chapel Hill because it's the only place he could get a gig.

alt1001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mack Brown is at Chapel Hill because it's the only place he could get a gig.

Depends on if you believe Mack or not. Per him, he was contacted multiple times for multiple jobs and nobody refuted it. There were only 2 or 3 jobs he wanted and this was one of them, and the big donors wanted him.

To think he couldn't get a job after leading Texas to the NCG this decade would be incredibly naive. I think this was simply the opportunity he wanted.

alt1001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What mack means is they're also going to run the air raid. He got the right guy at OC to do it.

Mack has pretty much all but said he is simply going to be a CEO and have a head coach for defense and offense. I think that's a great plan to not fail in coming back. Compare that to Bill Snyder who's still trying to strong arm his successor into keeping his son.

I think Mack will do fine if Mack simply does what Mack is good at and let's the other coaches do what they're good at. He hired a great staff, no doubt.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news:

Mack likes cake.