• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lucas's Power 5 Conference Rankings - Week 3

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked up their record over the last decade and have to admit they stunk on ice (didn't realize they were that lousy). FWIW, I though they were still in the Big XII....lol...I'll concede that their QB is a beacon of light on the team, but I watched the whole game and he made the players around him better, conversely when the backup QB came in he made the Buffs look like a high school team. I still think Colorado is a pretty good tam this year, and if they play as hard their remaining schedule as they did in Ann Arbor they'll end the year with 7-8 wins.

I agree. Just because Ohio State fans don't want to hear that Colorado may in fact be good this year with Liufau doesn't make it so.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The operative term here is "preseason." I don't put much stock in preseason rankings. I mean, it's not like they have never been wrong. LOL.

I bet it's okay to use preseason rankings for meeeechegan...but no other teams in CFB.:heh:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can handle the truth just fine. Believe me, after the last ten years of Michigan football, I have a very realistic view. You don't have to get all defensive just because I mention that Oklahoma may lose more games this season and make Ohio State's win look less impressive. It's a common concern even among other Ohio State fans despite your protests to the contrary.
I said michigan would get punished for their weak OOC and OSU would not because OSU's OOC is much more impressive, which is true. You then came in questioning my reasoning by simply saying "well what if this happens? what if that happens?" If I gave a shit about your crazy what-if scenarios I would've addressed them. However I'm going off of what is likely going to happen instead, like a rational person. If you still think a Colorado team that has averaged a 2-10 record for the last 5 years is suddenly going to jump up and get ranked because you guys played like crap, that's your prerogative. I'm going to stick with logic on this one.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Just because Ohio State fans don't want to hear that Colorado may in fact be good this year with Liufau doesn't make it so.

IMO, the argument shouldn't be made that "Colorado may in fact be good this year", but the argument should be "Many of the teams in the Pac 12 may in fact be mediocre this year". That is why I think Colorado has a chance at having a decent season. Although without their starting QB healthy, they will likely be a basement dweller in the Pac 12 South again.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet it's okay to use preseason rankings for meeeechegan...but no other teams in CFB.:heh:

Nope, you're wrong. I think preseason rankings are stupid because they're not based on anything substantive like actual play on the field.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be the year to make it happen. The SEC looks very weak outside of Alabama right now. Louisville makes the ACC legit, and the winner of Clemson and Louisville will likely be the conference champ (unless Clemson wins, and then FSU can manage to knock off Clemson in Tallahassee and make things messy)

The B12 is likely done in it's playoff hopes, and Oregon losing has hurt the Pac12.

It would be pretty epic if Michigan and OSU made the playoffs, and were able to make it to the national title game together. As awesome of a game that would be, I still am rooting for OSU to lose every game by 50.
As you should be :thumb:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good this year implies they will finish ranked. I don't see any scenario in which that happens. Are they improved as a team? Absolutely, but that's because they have been awful the last 5 years. What OSU fans are saying is that odds are Oklahoma will end up being better than Colorado, and honestly, that makes sense since it's going to come to fruition.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm pretty sure I follow CU football closer than anyone on the board right now. My opinion of CU is not from being an Ohio State fan, it's from living here & going to Buffs games @ Folsom Field. Why is it that seemingly only UofM fans want to think they are somehow better than they really are?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked up their record over the last decade and have to admit they stunk on ice (didn't realize they were that lousy). FWIW, I though they were still in the Big XII....lol...I'll concede that their QB is a beacon of light on the team, but I watched the whole game and he made the players around him better, conversely when the backup QB came in he made the Buffs look like a high school team. I still think Colorado is a pretty good tam this year, and if they play as hard their remaining schedule as they did in Ann Arbor they'll end the year with 7-8 wins.

IMO, the argument shouldn't be made that "Colorado may in fact be good this year", but the argument should be "Many of the teams in the Pac 12 may in fact be mediocre this year". That is why I think Colorado has a chance at having a decent season. Although without their starting QB healthy, they will likely be a basement dweller in the Pac 12 South again.
Excellent points, Belcher. Anything can happen in college football, of course. However, as I've pointed out before, Colorado had two blowout OOC wins last year (just like they did this year), and went on to be 4-8 and had the same QB then, as well. This is not a good team just because michigan played like crap against them.

Chasin' Utleys

Uber Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I'd be surprised if Michigan kept it within 2 TD's against Ohio State this year. If they couldn't guard Colorado's skill position players, there's no way they'll be able to slow down Ohio State's.

Michigan was missing three talented defensemen (Lewis, Charlton and Mone)...Lewis and Peppers can contain anyone when healthy.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said michigan would get punished for their weak OOC and OSU would not because OSU's OOC is much more impressive, which is true. You then came in questioning my reasoning by simply saying "well what if this happens? what if that happens?" If I gave a shit about your crazy what-if scenarios I would've addressed them. However I'm going off of what is likely going to happen instead, like a rational person. If you still think a Colorado team that has averaged a 2-10 record for the last 5 years is suddenly going to jump up and get ranked because you guys played like crap, that's your prerogative. I'm going to stick with logic on this one.

Okay, that's your choice. But, I'm evidently not the only person who thinks the scenarios I mentioned are crazy. Your "logic" is not so much logic as skewed Ohio State fanboy reasoning and a dislike for anyone or anything related to Michigan.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good this year implies they will finish ranked. I don't see any scenario in which that happens. Are they improved as a team? Absolutely, but that's because they have been awful the last 5 years. What OSU fans are saying is that odds are Oklahoma will end up being better than Colorado, and honestly, that makes sense since it's going to come to fruition.
This pretty much sums it up. Not only that, but playing on the road at night against Oklahoma is a hell of a lot harder than playing at home during the day against Colorado, who's also back-tracking two time zones.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent points, Belcher. Anything can happen in college football, of course. However, as I've pointed out before, Colorado had two blowout OOC wins last year (just like they did this year), and went on to be 4-8 and had the same QB then, as well. This is not a good team just because michigan played like crap against them.

So, by this "logic" and your defense of them, Oklahoma is a "good" team who just played like crap against Ohio State (and Houston).

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, that's your choice. But, I'm evidently not the only person who thinks the scenarios I mentioned are crazy. Your "logic" is not so much logic as skewed Ohio State fanboy reasoning and a dislike for anyone or anything related to Michigan.
It actually has nothing to do with michigan whatsoever, you're getting worked up based on your lack of reasoning and understanding. My logic is exactly that - logic. Oklahoma is perennially good and just went to the CFP last year. Colorado is perennially awful and has averaged a 2-10 record for the last 5 years. Beating Oklahoma badly in Norman is significantly more impressive than needing a comeback at home to beat Colorado.

This is extremely sound reasoning, I'm very sorry you can't follow.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, by this "logic" and your defense of them, Oklahoma is a "good" team who just played like crap against Ohio State (and Houston).
They didn't play like crap per se, they were beaten by two better teams. How are you so confused by this?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan was missing three talented defensemen (Lewis, Charlton and Mone)...Lewis and Peppers can contain anyone when healthy.
Those guys should not be needed against a team like Colorado. The talent gap between those two programs is absolutely enormous.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lewis and Peppers played last year and Michigan got run out of their own stadium...

I think OSU's offense is even more explosive this year.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure I follow CU football closer than anyone on the board right now. My opinion of CU is not from being an Ohio State fan, it's from living here & going to Buffs games @ Folsom Field. Why is it that seemingly only UofM fans want to think they are somehow better than they really are?

Michigan fans are not the only ones here or elsewhere suggesting that Colorado may be good with Liufau and may finish ranked.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks already like the Big 12 could be left out of the playoff. The Pac 12 still has Stanford and Washington but if they fall then could the Pac be left too? We could possibly see a non-power 5 team make it in Houston or maybe two teams from two different conferences, unlikely but...that would be interesting.