• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: LSU vs. Bama Clash of the Titans

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First mistake was on Saban electing to receive the ball in the first half with a QB coming off an injury. Should have not put that pressure on him. He should have trusted his Defense to hold us at home.

Imagine if they had stopped us first drive and not fumbled it away instead. May have changed the tempo of the game.

You guys won the toss and deferred...

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I missed it and was told otherwise...oh well. Scratch that then! We made the right call!

:yes:
Can't recall a time Bama elected to receive first. I'm sure it's happened before, but can't recall it.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, other than Burrow being a beast, Bama's defense was a major culprit. Bama lacks pass rushers, and their secondary has been suspect for years.

And really believe Saban should have started Jones.

There's no way Mac outperforms Tua in that game, LSU would have eaten his lunch. We had 5 sacks and 7 hurries, at least two of which should have been sacks, that's enough pressure...Burrow was light's out tonight and LSU game planned well, they were 50/50 run pass we didn't play our best game on D.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't recall a time Bama elected to receive first. I'm sure it's happened before, but can't recall it.

Yeah, they never showed it, but announced it at the kickoff, Coach O deferred.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, how does anyone even know what Coach Orgeron is saying? LOL. Should come with subtitles.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad calls and sloppy play by Tua we’re the difference in the end. All in all I still take a Bama with 1 loss. Over an undefeated Clemson who most likely has no wins over a ranked team come the end of the regular season.
And you could be right, we will have to wait and see.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doctors said he was healthy enough and could not really injure himself more by playing. Warriors want the ball.
Well then if he was healthy enough, then there are no excuses, right?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad calls and sloppy play by Tua we’re the difference in the end. All in all I still take a Bama with 1 loss. Over an undefeated Clemson who most likely has no wins over a ranked team come the end of the regular season.
Bama has played only one good team this year and they just lost to them in their back yard.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, other than Burrow being a beast, Bama's defense was a major culprit. Bama lacks pass rushers, and their secondary has been suspect for years.

And really believe Saban should have started Jones.

That one drive near the end of the first half they kept getting to Burrow and he kept slipping away. Those blitzes very nearly worked.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be lying if I said I didn't take glee in the Purdue or Iowa games the last couple of years, but that's because I view tOSU as a legit rival. Others teams like Michigan or Notre Dame I just dislike.

And boy do they live off of their past glories. IMHO the 2 most overrated teams every year. Especially ND.

Add tOSU to that list as well... so 3 most overrated teams every year...

Last edited:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So hard for y'all to admit the other team is better....you'll see it again soon
We're looking forward to playing Bo Pix and that anemic offense. The Barn being better is only a state that exists in your mind.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And boy do they live off of their past glories. IMHO the 2 most overrated teams every year. Especially ND.

Add tOSU to that list as well... so 3 most overrated teams every year...

When has Ohio State been overrated? They almost always finish the year close to where they were ranked at the start.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then if he was healthy enough, then there are no excuses, right?
Did you not see my post congratulating them on a great game? Seems like someone is fishing for more. Take your wheelchair and go play in the game traffic.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok... sobered up now, coffee in hand.

Zero excuses here, we got beat. It was never really close because Bama's D could not get off the field. We were a mess in the first half with 3 big mistakes (Tua fumble inside LSU 10 yard line, WTF? Punter taking a snap right in his hands that turned into a fumble, WTF? And the too many men on the field call prior to the INT, WTF?) Those were big in getting ourselves into a deficit against an offense that didn't need any help.

For me that 1st half was hard to watch as Tua was off with his passing & he did not try to run if no one was open, we didn't try to establish/commit to any type of a running game in the 1st half & the total lack of any time of possession kept the Defense was on field a lot.

The 2nd half was a little different, I think the coaches & players did a good job of making some adjustments, but LSU was never "really" in any type of trouble as they pretty much were in control. I kept waiting on Saban's head to explode with all of the mental mistakes, but he didn't. Making me think he knew LSU was the better team that day. In his presser after the game he pretty much summed that up.

So once again, I hate LSU, but you guys deserved to win yesterday. Somehow, because of the way Bama played in the 2nd half there may be a chance they could back door their way into the CFP. But even if they do, a match-up with LSU or Ohio State would probably look the same. Our defense isn't quite there yet. Failure is the greatest teacher of all & there are lots of lessons to be learned from yesterday.

So Miss State, W. Carolina & The Barn are next. I hope Mac Jones plays vs the Bulldogs & Western Carolina with Tua getting healthier to play the most hated Awbarn Tiggers.

Now I'm gonna try & get a few fantasy football wins in today to try & stop the bleeding over here. LOL

Last edited: