• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: LSU vs. Bama Clash of the Titans

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you not see my post congratulating them on a great game? Seems like someone is fishing for more. Take your wheelchair and go play in the game traffic.

Let them fish. He’s a USC fan and they suck. Most of the haters are fans of teams that have 2+ losses. If their happiness in fandom can only be realized when someone else loses, it’s pretty pathetic. Let them have their moment of stolen glory.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let them fish. He’s a USC fan and they suck. Most of the haters are fans of teams that have 2+ losses. If their happiness in fandom can only be realized when someone else loses, it’s pretty pathetic. Let them have their moment of stolen glory.
Well, they did beat ASU last night, so he's probably feeling a bit giddy.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they did beat ASU last night, so he's probably feeling a bit giddy.
Isnt that the equivalent of one special needs child beating another one?

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
keep it rolling LSU

Plus, since I'd pay to hear Coach O talk, as long as you keep winning, I get to keep seeing O

And, get to watch SEC defensive coordinators pull their hair out trying to stop a real-live modern day offense. Hurry up-no huddle, passes to a bunch of different receivers, blitz and get burned.

Welcome to my world!

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were a mess in the first half with 3 big mistakes (Tua fumble inside LSU 10 yard line, WTF? Punter taking a snap right in his hands that turned into a fumble, WTF? And the too many men on the field call prior to the INT, WTF?) Those were big in getting ourselves into a deficit against an offense that didn't need any help.

Yep. Totally agree with this and stated the same here somewhere yesterday soon after the game.

Those three things cost Bama because LSU was able to turn them into points.

LSU made a few mistakes also in the 2nd half...but Bama was not able turn that into points and to me that was the difference in the game.

Our Defense is in need of some work but somehow they get enough done to keep us in the game. Hope we stay healthy.

Still a lot of snaps to go....

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you not see my post congratulating them on a great game? Seems like someone is fishing for more. Take your wheelchair and go play in the game traffic.
LOL, have a good day Band. It was a great game to watch.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Totally agree with this and stated the same here somewhere yesterday soon after the game.

Those three things cost Bama because LSU was able to turn them into points.

LSU made a few mistakes also in the 2nd half...but Bama was not able turn that into points and to me that was the difference in the game.

Our Defense is in need of some work but somehow they get enough done to keep us in the game. Hope we stay healthy.

Still a lot of snaps to go....
Both teams are great. I hope the Buckeyes can keep focused so they can meet either or both in the playoffs.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama has played only one good team this year and they just lost to them in their back yard.
This is where it gets complicated this year. If Bama wins out they would have a win at Auburn who Oregon lost to. Utah has a far worse loss vs abad SC team this year. Clemson’s best win is against a currently I ranked aTm who Bama also played.....

If we are talking resume and weak schedules. Clemson by far has the weakest with the state of the ACC it’s abput on par with UCF in years past.. They really haven’t played anyone. Funny thing is their schedule will be weaker than the Udubs schedule that was judged very harshly....

A 1 loss Bama,Oregon,Utah,Ohio State,Penn State,Minnesota ,UGA,Oklahoma,Baylor.....

May all have much stronger resumes than Clemson this year. Who will be lucky to have any end of year ranked teams on their schedule. All would have a very strong case this year.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you watched the game, you saw Bama making major mistakes. LSU beat us, Bama helped them with mistakes.

I think you could say LSU caused some of those mistakes. They just got beat they played well in the second half but their are two halves to a football game.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you could say LSU caused some of those mistakes. They just got beat they played well in the second half but their are two halves to a football game.
Could say, but would you say a QB dropping a ball with no one around him fro 3 yards is an LSU caused mistake, o on the individual player?

Would you call a player receiving a ball to punt it a mistake on the punter, or an LSU caused mistake?

Would you call a player knowing never to field a ball beyond the 10 yard line going back to the 4 to field the punt an LSU caused mistake or an individual mistake?

These are all brain farts and individual mistakes I am referencing. These were not caused by LSU, they were simply a failure to follow through in an intelligent manner. Further, if you want to go down the road of LSU caused, then they would be responsible for all actions in a game, both good and bad, would they not? At some point, you need to understand not all things were LSU caused. Some were simply poor execution on the players part.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like we didn't help you guys too????
Was that part of the conversation I have been having? If you want to start a post on ways LSU helped Alabama then knock yourself out. If you cannot see what I was saying as being true, then you need to take off those rose colored glasses.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was that part of the conversation I have been having? If you want to start a post on ways LSU helped Alabama then knock yourself out. If you cannot see what I was saying as being true, then you need to take off those rose colored glasses.

In a game that came within 5 points....yeah those early mistakes may have caused the loss. They were simply too much to overcome in the second half.

Bama came back strong the second half. Stopped our first drive to start the 2nd half and then began to move the ball and score.

Was a great game. Could only be one winner though.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a game that came within 5 points....yeah those early mistakes may have caused the loss. They were simply too much to overcome in the second half.

Bama came back strong the second half. Stopped our first drive to start the 2nd half and then began to move the ball and score.

Was a great game. Could only be one winner though.
Agree totally. In reality, Saban said it himself last night. Had he not gotten overzealous at the end of the half and directed them to try to hit a slant, that interception doesnt happen and that 7 points is missed. Being a difference of 5 points the outcome is different. In the end, LSU made the plays they needed and Bama didnt. Next year in your house.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could say, but would you say a QB dropping a ball with no one around him fro 3 yards is an LSU caused mistake, o on the individual player?

Would you call a player receiving a ball to punt it a mistake on the punter, or an LSU caused mistake?

Would you call a player knowing never to field a ball beyond the 10 yard line going back to the 4 to field the punt an LSU caused mistake or an individual mistake?

These are all brain farts and individual mistakes I am referencing. These were not caused by LSU, they were simply a failure to follow through in an intelligent manner. Further, if you want to go down the road of LSU caused, then they would be responsible for all actions in a game, both good and bad, would they not? At some point, you need to understand not all things were LSU caused. Some were simply poor execution on the players part.

That is why I said some I never said all, just as you need to understand not all mistakes Alabama made were just their own doing.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why I said some I never said all, just as you need to understand not all mistakes Alabama made were just their own doing.

The 3 big ones were, though. Also, a HUGE mistake negated LSU’s major mistake (the INT following the dropped punt). Really no excuse for any of those. Until the last 2 seasons the one thing you could count on was a lack of stupid mistakes. The lack of discipline is palpable and inexcusable.

LSU’s biggest mistake was the asinine coverage on Smith on the final TD. If Aranda does that crap against tOSU or Clemson they will get beaten soundly.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pointed out ones that were. I dont recall ever saying they all were. Maybe you should point out where I made such a statement. In reality, one play likely decided that game, one in the last 26 seconds of the first half. That as well as Tua's greasy finger fumble in the first drive were deciders in that game. One was a mental mistake. One was a qb placed in a bad situation with little to no time left in a half.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pointed out ones that were. I dont recall ever saying they all were. Maybe you should point out where I made such a statement. In reality, one play likely decided that game, one in the last 26 seconds of the first half. That as well as Tua's greasy finger fumble in the first drive were deciders in that game. One was a mental mistake. One was a qb placed in a bad situation with little to no time left in a half.
LSU didn't win the game...bama lost it lol