• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: LSU vs. Bama Clash of the Titans

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree totally. In reality, Saban said it himself last night. Had he not gotten overzealous at the end of the half and directed them to try to hit a slant, that interception doesnt happen and that 7 points is missed. Being a difference of 5 points the outcome is different. In the end, LSU made the plays they needed and Bama didnt. Next year in your house.
Always feel more comfortable seeing Bama play in Baton Rouge - the team seems to just feed on the focused hatred in places like that.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sxnVfd6.gif
Yeah, that was some of the craziest crap I've ever seen.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always feel more comfortable seeing Bama play in Baton Rouge - the team seems to just feed on the focused hatred in places like that.
Yeah that's the excuse, Bama wasn't focused this past weekend at home. :noidea:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay fair enough. Myself I put quite a bit of stock on a conference championship game. By the way Bama's schedule was "paper thin" until they lost at home this past weekend. Pretty hard to ignore Clemson this year if they go undefeated.
Not really Bama still plays Auburn who will be ranked. There’s also teams like Minnesota ,Ohio State, Penn State, Oregon, Oklahoma, etc...Who will all have played more difficult schedules. With so much focus on the Bama/LSU game a lot seem to have missed v tech beating wake. And dropping out of the polls. Clemson is the ACC’s only ranked team. As of now with the state of the ACC Clemson’s schedule is extremely UCFesque.

The way this season has been playing out. There’s a very strong reason we should see two SEC and or B1G teams in the play offs.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really Bama still plays Auburn who will be ranked. There’s also teams like Minnesota ,Ohio State, Penn State, Oregon, Oklahoma, etc...Who will all have played more difficult schedules. With so much focus on the Bama/LSU game a lot seem to have missed v tech beating wake. And dropping out of the polls. Clemson is the ACC’s only ranked team. As of now with the state of the ACC Clemson’s schedule is extremely UCFesque.

The way this season has been playing out. There’s a very strong reason we should see two SEC and or B1G teams in the play offs.
Bama has MSU, WCU and Auburn left on their schedule. If they do beat Auburn then maybe, just maybe the committee will pick then for the playoffs?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama has MSU, WCU and Auburn left on their schedule. If they do beat Auburn then maybe, just maybe the committee will pick then for the playoffs?
Hard to say the closest thing I’ve seen to “criteria” from the committee. When it comes to the selections is “4 best teams”...I can say a close loss to the top team in the country and a win vs Auburn should it play out that way. Is a hell a lot better than anything on Clemson’s “resume”....

FWIW Utah’s OOC is awful and the PAC is better than the ACC this season. But that’s not saying much.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok
Honest question

do good defenses give up 46 and 41 points?

because I was under the impression that they don’t....

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok
Honest question

do good defenses give up 46 and 41 points?

because I was under the impression that they don’t....

Depends on who they are playing.

I would say this year that Bama and LSU have good defenses.

Not great by any means.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say the closest thing I’ve seen to “criteria” from the committee. When it comes to the selections is “4 best teams”...I can say a close loss to the top team in the country and a win vs Auburn should it play out that way. Is a hell a lot better than anything on Clemson’s “resume”....

FWIW Utah’s OOC is awful and the PAC is better than the ACC this season. But that’s not saying much.
Yeah I agree with you to a point, but a close loss at home is still a loss. If Bama can beat Auburn that will be their only win over a rated team. Clemson probably will go undefeated and it will hard to keep them out of the playoff. After all Cleamson is the defending champ.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree with you to a point, but a close loss at home is still a loss. If Bama can beat Auburn that will be their only win over a rated team. Clemson probably will go undefeated and it will hard to keep them out of the playoff. After all Cleamson is the defending champ.
This is college football a team has to earn the right to “defend a championship”. This is not professional wrestling. As far as “undefeated” based on Clemson’s schedule this season. They are on par with UCF the past two seasons. Who was left out due to a weak schedule..... Ie: if this plays out the way it very well can there will be multiple one loss teams with a stronger resume than Clemson including Bama if they run the table.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is college football a team has to earn the right to “defend a championship”. This is not professional wrestling. As far as “undefeated” based on Clemson’s schedule this season. They are on par with UCF the past two seasons. Who was left out due to a weak schedule..... Ie: if this plays out the way it very well can there will be multiple one loss teams with a stronger resume than Clemson including Bama if they run the table.
I agree a team has to earn "the right to defend a championship" and Clemson is undefeated to this point and needs "a chance to defend their championship". Up to this point Bama had a weak schedule and lost at home, to the only rated team they have play so far this season.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree a team has to earn "the right to defend a championship" and Clemson is undefeated to this point and needs "a chance to defend their championship". Up to this point Bama had a weak schedule and lost at home, to the only rated team they have play so far this season.
As I stated Bama’s loss was to the top ranked team in the country. They will also be playing a ranked Auburn. Clemson has no ranked teams in their schedule. And a very strong chance they will not play any ranked opponents. By your standard Clemson will have a weaker schedule than Bama. When looking at Clemson’s paper thin schedule and UCF level competition. They have not earned the right to “defend a championship”......

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I stated Bama’s loss was to the top ranked team in the country. They will also be playing a ranked Auburn. Clemson has no ranked teams in their schedule. And a very strong chance they will not play any ranked opponents. By your standard Clemson will have a weaker schedule than Bama. When looking at Clemson’s paper thin schedule and UCF level competition. They have not earned the right to “defend a championship”......
So what if Bama's loss was to a to rated team, Bama loss the game at home. I guess we have different opinions and that's good, as I respect your opinions.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what if Bama's loss was to a to rated team, Bama loss the game at home. I guess we have different opinions and that's good, as I respect your opinions.
Why punish a team for playing highly ranked teams. Whether it be OOC or in conference. And reward teams for playing no one? To say an “undefeated” Clemson is in. Would be equal to saying UCF’s “undefeated” teams the past two seasons should have been in.

The scale goes much further than win/loss as well as conference championships. The ACC is a wreck add two lower tier SEC teams, your Woffords.... And you have Clemson playing a watered down schedule. Too many other more deserving teams playing quality games this year. To give Clemson a free ride imo.