• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Los Angeles Lakers 2018-2019 Season Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins picks up his 5th personal foul.....so there's that.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another bad loss!!!

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks beat the Heat at home twice.

They beat the Nuggets at home.

They beat the Cavs at home.

They beat the Sixers at home.

They beat the Thunder at home.

They play better at home but these bad losses are adding up.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. This team isn't making the playoffs

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care how many good teams the Hawks beat. They are still terrible and we should never have lost to them in the manner that we did.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less Sunshine pumping please. No need to make excuses for Luke and this team.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I'm looking at this as the players being mentally and physically worn out.

This is the first playoff run for the young guys, then we had all of the AD trade speculation and all of the speculation about Luke's job. That's got to be mentally exhausting for the young guys.

That's not even counting losing Lebron for 18 games, Rondo for 17 games and Ball being out for at least a couple more weeks. That's forced guys into bigger roles than they have been used to.

They have 8 days off to rest and re-charge. It also looks like, at least for now, Luke isn't going anywhere and neither is anyone else.

Hopefully, with all of that behind them, they can come back ready to play some basketball.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers need Ball back. Rondo isn't good for much defensively anymore and the Lakers just don't stop the ball without Lonzo. Once Rondo has to rest, then the offense typically goes to pot as they put in Lance instead of a real PG usually.

Get well, Lonzo....

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are beginning to see the discrepancies in all of the older players like Rondo that Magic brought in to help the youngsters and qoute "win". Time move the riff-raff again.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I think the owner got bent out of shape when he discovered his GM getting into a pissing match just to embarrass the Lakers and Magic.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I'm looking at this as the players being mentally and physically worn out.

This is the first playoff run for the young guys, then we had all of the AD trade speculation and all of the speculation about Luke's job. That's got to be mentally exhausting for the young guys.

That's not even counting losing Lebron for 18 games, Rondo for 17 games and Ball being out for at least a couple more weeks. That's forced guys into bigger roles than they have been used to.

They have 8 days off to rest and re-charge. It also looks like, at least for now, Luke isn't going anywhere and neither is anyone else.

Hopefully, with all of that behind them, they can come back ready to play some basketball.

The Clippers are in a freefall and the Kings are the Kings but more talented than usual....Minny is just 1 game behind us.

I think James goes balls to the wall the rest of the season and maybe pulls a Harden to get us in....but we'll be done quickly.

I really can't afford for us to miss the playoffs......One nut Wiggy will be a persistent little bitch if that happens.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea, I think the owner got bent out of shape when he discovered his GM getting into a pissing match just to embarrass the Lakers and Magic.

Demps was fired.....:lol:

Demps was lucky to have his job as long as he did. He probably should have been fired years ago (after the CP3 debacle).

He definitely should have been fired when he had a top 5 player in the league in AD and couldn't even put a playoff level roster around him for most of those years, let alone a contender.

Boogie has been making the fact that Demps let him walk look like a bad decision too.

I never understood why he chose to handle things the way he did with the Lakers.

If he didn't want to deal with them, then he should have just come right out and said "We aren't going to be entertaining any trade requests for AD until the off-season". That would have backed the Lakers off and saved a lot of drama.

Instead, he got butthurt and acted as if AD is the only player in history to request a trade during the season, decided that he wanted to "embarrass" the Lakers (which he did), but then ended up making himself and the Pelicans look petty and small.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers are in a freefall and the Kings are the Kings but more talented than usual....Minny is just 1 game behind us.

I think James goes balls to the wall the rest of the season and maybe pulls a Harden to get us in....but we'll be done quickly.

I really can't afford for us to miss the playoffs......One nut Wiggy will be a persistent little bitch if that happens.

I don't know about the Clips being in freefall. They are 2-2 since the trade.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about the Clips being in freefall. They are 2-2 since the trade.
They aren't going to maintain it IMO. Their schedule is tough down the stretch.....and before you say it, I know what the Lakers schedule is like....

I think James is about to go into Super LBJ mode....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't going to maintain it IMO. Their schedule is tough down the stretch.....and before you say it, I know what the Lakers schedule is like....

I think James is about to go into Super LBJ mode....

I agree. I think the Clips will fall off too. But until they actually do, hard to say they are in freefall.

We'll see what happens with Lebron. Personally, I think he'll drag them into the playoffs. They might go kicking and screaming like when Kobe dragged them in at the end of the Dwightmare season, but I think he'll get them there.

If the rest of the team, especially the young guys, respond to the trade talk/questions like Kuzma said that he is (done talking/answering questions about it) and just play basketball, they can hopefully get back to playing the kind of basketball they were playing before all of the injuries hit.

If they do that, they can get themselves a higher seed than #8 and maybe get past the first round.