• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Los Angeles Kings at New York Rangers 11/17/13 | 7:00pm

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I think Carter is only a C/RW player. I don't see him fitting, let alone playing on the left side. Brown has been playing a little better, he might finally be getting back to near 100% after his hamstring issues in training camp, so I'd be interested to see how he jells as the LW with Richards & Carter on the 2nd line & keep King with Kopitar & Williams. Problem with Toffoli is that he's a pure RW, and doesn't really fit anywhere else. They're not going to experiment with him as a LW up with the big club, as Sutter said during training camp. So unless someone is moved, I see Toffoli being assed-out and being sent back down when Carter comes back, just because of his contract status.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I was wrong on Carter but I really thought he played the left side but now that I think about it Penner played LW last year on that line and it's been pretty much a revolving door there this year. Maybe Sutter could put Richards on the left and let Carter play center therefore making room for Toffoli at RW on the second line. Isn't that how they played in the playoffs last year?

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I was wrong on Carter but I really thought he played the left side but now that I think about it Penner played LW last year on that line and it's been pretty much a revolving door there this year. Maybe Sutter could put Richards on the left and let Carter play center therefore making room for Toffoli at RW on the second line. Isn't that how they played in the playoffs last year?

Ox

Carter is a natural C who plays RW and fills in on C in LA as situations dictate (whenever Richards has been hurt he has centered the second line for example).

It really sucks for Toffoli, but he will be sent down once Carter comes back barring injury to someone else. He won't have a spot in the T6 until someone is moved unfortunately. It's capology 101.

He's cheap, waivers exempt and the Kings have too much money tied up in the T6 to bump one of those guys down to a B6 role. Toffoli's skills would be wasted on the third or fourth line and for an organization that believes in developing and taking time with prospects I can't see them putting him there just because. He isn't a banger and his offensive skills get stifled that way.

Really sucks because Toffoli belongs up here.

Last edited by a moderator:

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter returning shouldn't automatically take Toffoli's spot.

The Kings' philosophy, even going back to Andy Murray, is you don't lose your spot due to injury and rightfully so.

As well as Toffoli has played, he will essentially need to outplay Carter to take that spot. Tough task.

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Send Brown down to 3rd line. I don't care how much he is making, the lines aren't situated based on your salary. You better coach the way that gives you the best chance to win.