• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like Mark Jackson is gone

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say about Kerr is that in interviews, he comes off as intelligent, grounded, and without ego.

The vibe out there is the front office wants a guy who is going to blend in. That isn't Jackson. He ruled the kingdom (quite well IMO), and apparently that was part of the reason he got axed.

Yup. He's worked under some legends. Phil Jackson wants him. Also those suns teams were really good and were in the conference finals often

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lakers have just found their new coach if they realize it

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Kerr inherit Nash? It's not like he put those Phoenix teams together to my recollection but I could be wrong.....too lazy right now to look it up.

And that has NOTHING to do with coaching ability. He's never coached before......period. I don't think the players are necessarily going to respect him. He's got no skins on the wall as a COACH.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Kerr inherit Nash? It's not like he put those Phoenix teams together to my recollection but I could be wrong.....too lazy right now to look it up.

And that has NOTHING to do with coaching ability. He's never coached before......period. I don't think the players are necessarily going to respect him. He's got no skins on the wall as a COACH.

Jackson never coached anywhere before and he seemed to do fine.

Wait. Did he? ;)

Personally, bringing in a guy who has never coached to take the Warriors from a good team to a great team doesn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the coaching skills or lack of that got Jackson fired. Many of the manager like Jerry West, vice-presidents and other personell not involved in the direct management of the players felt uncomfortable around Jackson. Jackson made them feel - unwelcome and they weren't particularily pleased that he pushed his religious agenda rather strongly. Then one of his coaches was fired recently for secretly recording coversations in the locker-room and then selling them. The process was no consistent for a professional coach in charge of a major league NBA team. Jackson's skills were acceptable - but they couldn't get along with the guy

gooooooogators

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BS move by a pathetic franchise. Some people can't stand prosperity, especially when their fragile ego is in the way. Mark Jackson was/is a great coach. Oh damn well if you don't like the man, he got the job done. He's not a bad person by any means, neither. He has a strong faith in God and that SHOULD be commended.

I hope the Warriors reap what they sow.

gooooooogators

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vinnie Del ***** wonders what all the fuss is about?

VDN took a franchise that had made the playoffs 1 time since 1993.

The Clippers were a far worse decades long joke of a team.

He won a division title and a playoff series with the most god awful franchise in the NBA.

Yet, he was fired for losing in 7 games in the first round.

This much ado about nothing. Coaches get canned all the time in the NBA for trivial reasons.

Unless, somehow its gets baited into yet another stupid racial debate.

Chris Paul only wanted to play for a BLACK coach.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the coaching skills or lack of that got Jackson fired. Many of the manager like Jerry West, vice-presidents and other personell not involved in the direct management of the players felt uncomfortable around Jackson. Jackson made them feel - unwelcome and they weren't particularily pleased that he pushed his religious agenda rather strongly. Then one of his coaches was fired recently for secretly recording coversations in the locker-room and then selling them. The process was no consistent for a professional coach in charge of a major league NBA team. Jackson's skills were acceptable - but they couldn't get along with the guy

All of this sounds more like a problem with the front office than the coach. His job is to do just that.....coach. When you have assistants involved in illegal activity, that's not on Jackson. There are some deeper issues here than him not getting along with the FO.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors are good when they run and play to their strength which is offense. They dont have the players to play defense.

Either bring a coach in that will run and gun or make some moves to change the culture

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors are good when they run and play to their strength which is offense. They dont have the players to play defense.

Either bring a coach in that will run and gun or make some moves to change the culture

They don't play defense? Please stop talking :L

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't play defense? Please stop talking :L

I said their strength is to play an offensive style game/ Yes they play defense but it takes away from the offense.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BS move by a pathetic franchise. Some people can't stand prosperity, especially when their fragile ego is in the way. Mark Jackson was/is a great coach. Oh damn well if you don't like the man, he got the job done. He's not a bad person by any means, neither. He has a strong faith in God and that SHOULD be commended.

I hope the Warriors reap what they sow.

Oh stop being a preachtard.mark Jackson is very replaceable although. I liked what he's done but they need to take the next step with a top of the line coach

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this sounds more like a problem with the front office than the coach. His job is to do just that.....coach. When you have assistants involved in illegal activity, that's not on Jackson. There are some deeper issues here than him not getting along with the FO.

The Head coach himself was difficult to work with in the front office and one thing about this puzzle to remember is JERRY WEST. When Jerry West got told to stay away from the practice sessions and don't come around - that upset upper management. Jerry West is an icon - that would be like dissing the late Frank Sinatra

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh stop being a preachtard.mark Jackson is very replaceable although. I liked what he's done but they need to take the next step with a top of the line coach

I'll be shocked if they get a top of the line coach

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is a 1st time head coach we're talking about. 2 years into his job and one playoff appearance later, it seems he already got full of himself and didn't think he needed any more help from others during his 3rd season as a coach.