• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like Kerry Rhodes is the first to come out of the closet

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that his "ex" has made it other people's business. He has a right to deny it, sure, but it makes him look silly, because he can't really prove a negative. It's easy to say "I was this guys boyfriend", and show pics and text messages, but it's hard to prove a negative. More so if it later turns out to be true.

No, his "ex" is an attention whore whether it is true or not. It's no one else's business if he chooses to keep that private, or even to lie in an attempt to keep it private in this case.

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, his "ex" is an attention whore whether it is true or not. It's no one else's business if he chooses to keep that private, or even to lie in an attempt to keep it private in this case.

No-ones gonna argue that lol. All I'm really saying is that Rhodes best option here, assuming this is a lie, is to sue the guy and be willing to deny that he's gay under oath. Not saying it's ideal, but I personally believe it's his best option right now. If he does nothing and takes the "ignore it and it'll go away" view then I doubt this attention whore is going to shut up anytime soon, so it draws unwanted attention to Rhodes, if he continues simply issuing denials then it again keeps it in the spotlight, which he doesn't want. He wants this guy to go away, whether the story is true or not. That leaves the options I've mentioned, that is litigation if it's false, and admitting it if it's true.

I can understand the point people are making that he wants to keep his private life private, but at the moment I don't think that's actually helping his cause.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a lawsuit doesn't draw even more attention?

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a lawsuit doesn't draw even more attention?

It might, it might not, I think he would have a pretty legitimate case for libel and maybe harassment, and a court could probably shut the guy up till the case was heard, by which time most people wouldn't give a shit. The whole thing is frankly a shitty situation. Rhodes is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Best case scenario i that this guy shuts up of his own accord and nothing more is ever said, but I think that is unlikely.