• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOL@ Michigan

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan's talent level got exposed. They have not recruited a usable playmaker in the three years since Hoke has been here. If there is a BCS RB on this team, his name isn't Fitz.

Play the freshmen you got sitting on the bench. The guy is suppose to be a beast.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw the replay on the last play. That was holding or PI, no question. Terrible call. UM was really lucky today.

You must be watching a replay they haven't shown around here. As you can see in this thread -- I haven't held back any of my feelings back regarding UM, but there wasn't a PI or holding call on the last play.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play the freshmen you got sitting on the bench. The guy is suppose to be a beast.

He came in with 20 lbs of extra "muscle" and has had a bad ankle. Even if he comes as advertised, he can't make people miss. Michigan needs speed and athleticism.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan's talent level got exposed. They have not recruited a usable playmaker in the three years since Hoke has been here. If there is a BCS RB on this team, his name isn't Fitz.

Drake Harris can't get to UM fast enough. At least it will give UM a legit weapon at WR next year. I wish George Cambell could skip his senior year in 2014 and just come play for UM. He will be the highest rated WR UM has signed in a LOOOOOOOOOONG time.

Cambell would probably be the top rated WR if he came out this year. I just hope he keeps his commitment to UM. 6'5" 200 lbs sub 4.4 and only a junior in high school.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He came in with 20 lbs of extra "muscle" and has had a bad ankle. Even if he comes as advertised, he can't make people miss. Michigan needs speed and athleticism.

What...? Holy shit, you might as well move him to LB or DE at this point. Better start recruiting another RB.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drake Harris can't get to UM fast enough. At least it will give UM a legit weapon at WR next year. I wish George Cambell could skip his senior year in 2014 and just come play for UM. He will be the highest rated WR UM has signed in a LOOOOOOOOOONG time.

Cambell would probably be the top rated WR if he came out this year. I just hope he keeps his commitment to UM. 6'5" 200 lbs sub 4.4 and only a junior in high school.

Yeah, those guys are going to be game changer for Meat next year. I'm hoping the bucks keep bringing in taller cornerbacks.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Fitz doesn't start running harder and makin better cut backs Green will be getting a shot real soon.

In the end Fitz's role may be better as a third down back with Green being the punishing down hill runner.

The defense was way to vanilla and should have owned Akron. Mattison better dial up some blitzes and have a few extra drills for his DBs to press more.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly don't think we're a top 10 team because of our consistency but I think we're certainly a top 25 team. At our best, I think we could take out any team in the top 25 outside of maybe the top few teams.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must be watching a replay they haven't shown around here. As you can see in this thread -- I haven't held back any of my feelings back regarding UM, but there wasn't a PI or holding call on the last play.

Unless you are allowed to hold a receiver as he goes out for a pass, or hang on to him while the ball is in the air, that was holding or pass interference. I don't have a dog in the hunt ... I really don't care. That's the way I see it.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What...? Holy shit, you might as well move him to LB or DE at this point. Better start recruiting another RB.

Our esteemed recruiting strategy didn't include a RB in the '14 class but we have a super stud coming in '15 (5* Damien Harris).

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you are allowed to hold a receiver as he goes out for a pass, or hang on to him while the ball is in the air, that was holding or pass interference. I don't have a dog in the hunt ... I really don't care. That's the way I see it.

LD, I completely agree with you but I have yet to see a play in football where there wasn't something that COULD have been called. Regardless, this game is another black eye on the program.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whew! Michigan almost screwed the pooch this weekend.

:laugh3:

don't worry, they still screwed the pooch............. in the eyes of the voters and fans nationwide........ If there ever was a reason to drop in the polls after winning, this was it...........

Akron sooooo should've won that.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

don't worry, they still screwed the pooch............. in the eyes of the voters and fans nationwide........ If there ever was a reason to drop in the polls after winning, this was it...........

Cal, Purdue and Indiana should have all beaten Theee Buttnuts last season. Blah, blah, blah....correct? :nod:

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Polls? They are the last thing we need to worry about. We have to rebound against might UConn next week.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That same talent blasted Central and handedly defeated the Irish. That's not necessarily setting the college football world on fire but as a fellow UofM fan you fully understand this team is still a work in progress and there will be highs and lows. Last week was a high, this week was a low.

Hoke's first, full two recruiting classes are still just freshmen and sophomores (we've beaten this issue to death). The glaring problems are the O and D lines. Neither are consistently winning the battle(s). making both offensive and defensive backfield's jobs more difficult.Plays will be made once DG, Morris, Speight and so on, have the proper protection, the RBs have holes to run through and the DLine gets penetration. It doesn't help that we have four players (Ryan, Avery, Darboh and Bryant -- that would start immediately if 100% healthy) standing on the sideline.

Gardner, Gallon, Funchess, Ryan, and Countess are all proven playmakers. Dileo, Norfleet, C. Gordon, and Clark have made big plays. Green, Smith, Butt, Morris and Chesson all have big play potential. Getting consistent play from them all, and most importantly, solid play from the big uglies in the trenches is key. The coaches need to set some fires and the players need to respond. There is plenty enough talent here to win the B1G. The 2014, 2015..... classes will provide the potential BCS caliber WRs, DBs and DL we are all waiting on. In the meantime there is still talent here to be developed i.e. Green, Smith, Charlton, etc..

RR crippled the program for years. Hoke and co. are still putting it back together.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Mattison, I'm all over Black, Pip, Ash, MO, Glasgow (what the hell is going on with QWash??) and anyone else who's planning on playing tackle from any scheme. The end play hasn't been spectacular but not a complete waste either. Clark and Beyer have made a few plays but Wormley flat out sucks. He put on too much weight, and lost a few steps from that injury. He is slow as shit. Until these lazy ass linemen get their act together the defense will struggle. However, getting a healthy Avery in there will add some experience to the struggling (Countess excluded) secondary and getting Jake Mother Fucking Ryan back will help solidify the LB core....and DLine.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funk had better get that crop of highly touted OLine prospects prepared sooner than later. I've noticed Hutch hanging around a lot lately and it's not just to make a cameo appearance. And shit, if he doesn't want the gig then perhaps Everitt or Backus are looking for something to do.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That same talent blasted Central and handedly defeated the Irish. That's not necessarily setting the college football world on fire but as a fellow UofM fan you fully understand this team is still a work in progress and there will be highs and lows. Last week was a high, this week was a low.

Hoke's first, full two recruiting classes are still just freshmen and sophomores (we've beaten this issue to death). The glaring problems are the O and D lines. Neither are consistently winning the battle(s). making both offensive and defensive backfield's jobs more difficult.Plays will be made once DG, Morris, Speight and so on, have the proper protection, the RBs have holes to run through and the DLine gets penetration. It doesn't help that we have four players (Ryan, Avery, Darboh and Bryant -- that would start immediately if 100% healthy) standing on the sideline.

Gardner, Gallon, Funchess, Ryan, and Countess are all proven playmakers. Dileo, Norfleet, C. Gordon, and Clark have made big plays. Green, Smith, Butt, Morris and Chesson all have big play potential. Getting consistent play from them all, and most importantly, solid play from the big uglies in the trenches is key. The coaches need to set some fires and the players need to respond. There is plenty enough talent here to win the B1G. The 2014, 2015..... classes will provide the potential BCS caliber WRs, DBs and DL we are all waiting on. In the meantime there is still talent here to be developed i.e. Green, Smith, Charlton, etc..

RR crippled the program for years. Hoke and co. are still putting it back together.

How can you not realize the direct contradiction between those two statements? RR was given nothing by the previous coach. And he was chastised immediately despite being brought in to run a new system with no time to recruit. RR gave Hoke one of the most dynamic athletes in the country and Hoke tried to turn him into a robot and is doing the same to DG. Hoke's in his third year and the product is horrible. I don't care if they win out, they are not a good football team.

Hoke has a better chance of putting humpty dumpty back together. The days of putting 5 big guys in a row and giving the ball to another big guy to run over people is over. Football is a different game now. It is all about athleticism and speed. You may not win with it but you sure as hell are going nowhere without it.

You list guys like Dileo and Norfleet. They have done nothing. Funchess? Really? The whole offense is based on drawing defenders to the QB.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal, Purdue and Indiana should have all beaten Theee Buttnuts last season. Blah, blah, blah....correct? :nod:

Why would last season matter, it was last season and we were on probation. Y'all can barely beat Akron, no way you can compete in the B1G or can make a game vs tOSU