• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOL@ Michigan

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

don't worry, they still screwed the pooch............. in the eyes of the voters and fans nationwide........ If there ever was a reason to drop in the polls after winning, this was it...........

Akron sooooo should've won that.

A win is a win is a win.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would last season matter, it was last season and we were on probation. Y'all can barely beat Akron, no way you can compete in the B1G or can make a game vs tOSU

So because Buffalo scored 20 on OSU you can't win the big ten either? One of the only major differences in the performances (Mich vs. Akron and OSU vs. Buffalo) was Devin's turnovers that kept Akron in the game and kept our score down. I'm not too worried about it. Akron's offense only scored 17 points on us and some mistakes, hopefully correctable in future games, left lots of points off the scoreboard for Michigan. Akron played like it was their BCS bowl game and Michigan played like we didn't care until they realized Akron had the lead.

With that said, all we have to do is win our division. We basically just have to be better than Nebraska and Northwestern in the big ten slate. Which I think Michigan is fully capable of. Then it's just a coin flip when you get to the big ten title game.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you not realize the direct contradiction between those two statements? RR was given nothing by the previous coach. And he was chastised immediately despite being brought in to run a new system with no time to recruit. RR gave Hoke one of the most dynamic athletes in the country and Hoke tried to turn him into a robot and is doing the same to DG. Hoke's in his third year and the product is horrible. I don't care if they win out, they are not a good football team.

Hoke has a better chance of putting humpty dumpty back together. The days of putting 5 big guys in a row and giving the ball to another big guy to run over people is over. Football is a different game now. It is all about athleticism and speed. You may not win with it but you sure as hell are going nowhere without it.

You list guys like Dileo and Norfleet. They have done nothing. Funchess? Really? The whole offense is based on drawing defenders to the QB.

There's no contradiction there and I'm not a Rich Rod apologist. He jacked up the program in more ways than one. RR was given a good defense but didn't know how to run it. He chased a number of players out of town and recruited a number of players he had no business recruiting. The attrition from his teams was ridiculous in terms of quality players disappearing from the program. 3-9, probation, coaching conflicts, player conflicts, I could go on and on for pages about this but I don't feel it necessary. The team Hoke wants to build is far from what RR left behind in terms of talent, scheme and philosophy (and it will take time because right now we have to use the talent available and restore confidence in the recruits Hoke wsnts for his system) though many of the players are still here. You do realize, in part, the playmakers you want on the field are absent because of what RR did to the program?

Five big guys up front, powerful athletic backs, large WRs and TEs and a game managing, system QB is what Hoke's building. Sounds a lot like the offense from a team that keeps winning crystal footballs. Their defense is elite (which is why we are recruiting/building an elite defense) but as seen more than once it's Alabama's dominant offense that wins them many big games. Yesterday was no exception.

I'm not saying this team is great. I hear what you're trying to express, however, there is enough talent here to win the B1G. That is this coaching staff's number one priority, right now.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, in regards to Denard, he never ran the offense well against strong defenses under RR or Hoke. The physicality of the game caught up to him each year and Hoke/Borges were forced to keep him in the pocket as much as possible for fear of injury. Yes, they were trying to develop him as a QB to give the offense another dimension but also were trying to keep him alive.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can sum up this entire thread with two words.

Michigan sucks!

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, in regards to Denard, he never ran the offense well against strong defenses under RR or Hoke. The physicality of the game caught up to him each year and Hoke/Borges were forced to keep him in the pocket as much as possible for fear of injury. Yes, they were trying to develop him as a QB to give the offense another dimension but also were trying to keep him alive.

Silly! Kind of like keeping a bird in a cage to protect his wings.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Akron? Really? :laugh3:

Be glad Duke aint on the schedule! :laugh3:

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal, Purdue and Indiana should have all beaten Theee Buttnuts last season. Blah, blah, blah....correct? :nod:

no. none came as close to beating OSU as Akron did Saturday to beating the skunk weasels..... Akron drove right down the field after scUM's last TD, they landed on the 1 and had trouble.

As far as most fans that watched that game............

Akron = Michigan

so congrats on getting lucky that Akron stalled on the 1 and ran out of time.......

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no. none came as close to beating OSU as Akron did Saturday to beating the skunk weasels..... Akron drove right down the field after scUM's last TD, they landed on the 1 and had trouble.

As far as most fans that watched that game............

Akron = Michigan

so congrats on getting lucky that Akron stalled on the 1 and ran out of time.......

It's fortunate this game was played in AA. Can you imagine how bad Michigan would've lost if they had to come to Akron and play?

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fortunate this game was played in AA. Can you imagine how bad Michigan would've lost if they had to come to Akron and play?

Wow, did you hear that stadium in the second half. You could hear a marshmallow drop .