• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Loki

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're a fan of the way they weave movies and series of the MCU into each other, leading into the next thing, you're gonna love the Loki finale.

I thought it was great.

They've opened up a way to basically introduce anything they want, which gives a lot of freedom obviously, but I'm now less afraid of the MCU starting to contradict itself going into the next Phase.

Great job of acting by that character as well. There was a little touch of Ledger's Joker in there IMO.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good finale. I got a issue tho:

Kang discovered the multiverses, but it didn’t address the discovery of time traveling though.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was an awesome finale. Season 2 needs to get here ASAP

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!!!!!
IMDB kinda spoiled that one. I didn’t make the Kang connection at all until I saw his character name in the next Antman movie.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMDB kinda spoiled that one. I didn’t make the Kang connection at all until I saw his character name in the next Antman movie.
neither did I... But now that i see it, i have a totally different opinion of that finale... which i found a little confusing... But Kang clears it up for me... but how do watchers that dont know Kang from the comics, not confused by that finale??

they probably should have explained it better to the non comic geeks...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the quantum realm & the time stone are only capable of traversing time WITHIN a singular multiverse? Do I have that right?

Struggling to understand how the time-keeper can keep a singular timeline with the existence of each of those within his own multiverse.

Or am I overthinking this?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
neither did I... But now that i see it, i have a totally different opinion of that finale... which i found a little confusing... But Kang clears it up for me... but how do watchers that dont know Kang from the comics, not confused by that finale??

Non-comic geek right here, my man...and yes, that was a little confusing.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From a straight story-telling POV, we aren’t supposed to know that he is Kang, or, for that matter, who Kang even is.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who thinks the actor who played Kang sucks at acting? It’s how id imagine chris rock would play him. They could’ve gotten someone to do a lot better of a job.

Last edited:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was an awesome finale. Season 2 needs to get here ASAP
I don’t think there will be a season two. I think this was to introduce the new villain and start the plot in the next set of mcu movies.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the quantum realm & the time stone are only capable of traversing time WITHIN a singular multiverse universe? Do I have that right?

Yep, you've got it basically right, :thumb: but with the wrong terminology, hence the strikeout/boldfacing I put in above. The Marvel Multiverse is the set of all Marvel universes and timelines. Every Marvel universe has its own set of Infinity Gems/Stones, which only have power within that universe.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who thinks the actor who played Kang sucks at acting? It’s how id imagine chris rock would play him. They could’ve gotten someone to do a lot better of a job.

I don't think he's a bad actor. I think he was demonstrating his range.

What we saw was Jonathan Majors playing He Who Remains, ONE specific variant of Kang, a variant who is relatively morally good (by Kang standards) and who is half-insane from living for who-knows-how-long.

Think about, for instance, how different the Loki variants we've seen in this series are, or how James McAvoy played drastically different personalities in the film Split.

I imagine when we see the Kang the Conqueror whom He Who Remains was warning the Lokis about, that Kang will have a completely different and much more intimidating personality.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's a bad actor.

What you saw was Jonathan Majors playing He Who Remains, ONE specific variant of Kang, a variant who is relatively morally good (by Kang standards) and who is half-insane from living for who-knows-how-long.

Think about, for instance, how different the Loki variants we've seen in this series are, or how James McAvoy played drastically different personalities in the film Split.

I imagine when we see the supervillainous Kang that He Who Remains was warning the Lokis about, that Kang will have a completely different personality.
Good explanation. I don’t know much about his character, but that makes sense. Hopefully he gets better with different variants. Do you think he will be playing each Kang variant? Or will Kang be represented by different actors ala Loki (and Spider-Man in the next movie.)

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think there will be a season two. I think this was to introduce the new villain and start the plot in the next set of mcu movies.

If you watch the end credits of the last episode, there's a mid-credits scene which consists of Loki's TVA case file getting a stamp that says "LOKI WILL RETURN IN SEASON 2." :suds:

Good explanation. I don’t know much about his character, but that makes sense. Hopefully he gets better with different variants. Do you think he will be playing each Kang variant? Or will Kang be represented by different actors ala Loki (and Spider-Man in the next movie.)

Well, we know he's playing the "main" Kang the Conqueror because Marvel previously already announced that he would be doing so for the upcoming Ant-Man 3. :tea:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have a question about the ending though

Owen wilson not recognizing Loki, was that simply because "KANG" created the new universe and that was not the same OWEN WILSON character, or was it because all loki's were taking OUT of the time line???

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kang is a descendant of Reed Richards, and he learns to time travel via Dr Doom's tech, so at least we got some kind of FF tie-in -nowhere near as much as I hoped, but ah well.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have a question about the ending though

Owen wilson not recognizing Loki, was that simply because "KANG" created the new universe and that was not the same OWEN WILSON character, or was it because all loki's were taking OUT of the time line???

It's implied that Loki got sent to a different timeline

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was about to explain that in each universe will be a different form of Kang (probably played by the same character Johnathan Majors) In the universe he was introduced in Loki he was a silly funny guy but we can expect when we see him in the next universe he will be a tyrant dictator with a more villain/serious demeanor. I've read that there are universes where he was just a regular businessman that asked Spiderman to help market his business and went into the future to see how it went.