• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Live draft-dynasty startup

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you're concerned about an elite player not being elite anymore in 2024, eh, not a major worry for me.
plenty of time to build up young WR depth behind Tyreek before his talents/abilities start to diminish

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll be fine. Shoot for two rookie QBs later and secure a vet to pull you through for a couple years.
Place a pick in your mind on Watson, such as your 6th (whatever you feel represents reward over risk) and wait on him there. Keep filling other needs in the meantime, and see what happens.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll be fine. Shoot for two rookie QBs later and secure a vet to pull you through for a couple years.
Place a pick in your mind on Watson, such as your 6th (whatever you feel represents reward over risk) and wait on him there. Keep filling other needs in the meantime, and see what happens.
Lol dynasty superflex, its round 6 and there are 6 ish starting qbs left. No good rookies. Guys drafted 4 qbs to start. One who did just got a massive payday for herbert. I thought it was gonna cool off, it didnt.
How's this one coming SP?? Any updates
Yes. Im quite embarrassed by what i decided to do though:rolleyes2:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol dynasty superflex, its round 6 and there are 6 ish starting qbs left. No good rookies. Guys drafted 4 qbs to start. One who did just got a massive payday for herbert. I thought it was gonna cool off, it didnt.

Yes. Im quite embarrassed by what i decided to do though:rolleyes2:

you're preaching to the choir when it comes to bad choices, we've all made a bunch of them in our fantasy lives, lay it on us!

Break Breaking GIF by Britannia on EPIX

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're preaching to the choir when it comes to bad choices, we've all made a bunch of them in our fantasy lives, lay it on us!

Break Breaking GIF by Britannia on EPIX
Lol. I panicked and drafted two qbs. There was oozing talent but i litteraly may hve been left with 0 by round 7/8. I just coupd be so screwed for so long. So i gambler i went with two qbs that both have really low floors, but massive ceilings. One i think higher of than the other. Buttttt

as of now i have
barkley
Hill
Jamaar chase
Hurts
Wentz

Pick coming up. Solidly debating taking dannny dimes :-)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I panicked and drafted two qbs. There was oozing talent but i litteraly may hve been left with 0 by round 7/8. I just coupd be so screwed for so long. So i gambler i went with two qbs that both have really low floors, but massive ceilings. One i think higher of than the other. Buttttt

as of now i have
barkley
Hill
Jamaar chase
Hurts
Wentz

can you post the top 6-7 QBs left?
not sure I'll have any substantial insight that you haven't already thought about

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

as of now i have
barkley
Hill
Jamaar chase
Hurts
Wentz

follow up question - which QBs were on the board when you took Chase?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
follow up question - which QBs were on the board when you took Chase?
Lemme double check.
can you post the top 6-7 QBs left?
not sure I'll have any substantial insight that you haven't already thought about
Brady, ryan, carr, ben, daniel jones,goff, guess fitzmagic think carr would hve to be the pick with jones the upside

add these guys for the chase pick, then inmediately after tanny, stafford, baker were 3 of the next 5, then aaron rodgers, went . I took wentz, and mac jones and cousins were the next two. Theres some serious guys left on the board ill post some when i leave the gym

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lemme double check.

Brady, ryan, carr, ben, daniel jones,goff, guess fitzmagic think carr would hve to be the pick with jones the upside

add these guys for the chase pick, then inmediately after tanny, stafford, baker were 3 of the next 5, then aaron rodgers, went . I took wentz, and mac jones and cousins were the next two. Theres some serious guys left on the board ill post some when i leave the gym

ooo, I prob would've gone Tannehill over Chase in a 2QB format, most disrespected top 8 QB in the fantasy world right now.

I agree with Treff though, you did alright considering how long you waited. People are sleeping on Hurts. Might not be a top 5 guy, but he'll outperform where you got him.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could've done worse than Hurts and Wentz.
I figured out of who was left. ….go with the big upside….Wentz has at least two years as a starter, hurts maybe 1? But hurts has lamar jackson potential, and frank reich makes wentz have a floor with massive upside as well.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ooo, I prob would've gone Tannehill over Chase in a 2QB format, most disrespected top 8 QB in the fantasy world right now.

I agree with Treff though, you did alright considering how long you waited. People are sleeping on Hurts. Might not be a top 5 guy, but he'll outperform where you got him.
Hes also 33, thats why i didnt , hes as old as stafford. Had him pegged but age was my factor there. Appreciate the input from you and @TREFF just gurt i took hurts and coulda had like Zeke elliot…not sure him, but big names…but woulda crippled me for yeara even though that was my initial though to just punt qb.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a few WR1s still out there, I'd prob punt on RB after Barkley and go for Tampa Tom and either Godwin or Evans for the stack

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a few WR1s still out there, I'd prob punt on RB after Barkley and go for Tampa Tom and either Godwin or Evans for the stack
Those wr are tough bc together they limit eachother kinda. If one moves on…theyre both wr1…tom isnt a bad play for a year….for sure…i was suprised he was there.

monty
Mclaurin
Both tampa wr
And arob are enticing

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes also 33, thats why i didnt , hes as old as stafford

that's a solid 5-6yrs left for QBs these days, if not more!

I feel like it's easy to underestimate QB career length since defenses can't hit QBs anymore, they last longer. Chase should be solid for the next 8-10yrs though, so I get it.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those wr are tough bc together they limit eachother kinda. If one moves on…theyre both wr1…tom isnt a bad play for a year….for sure…i was suprised he was there.

monty
Mclaurin
Both tampa wr
And arob are enticing

flip it to ARob or McLauren then, I like all 4, lol

I like Brady a lot in Arians' offense. He's slinging it around, so sure, his efficiency goes down, but he's a win-now pick if you plan on competing this season. He'll outscore plenty of those QBs taken in round 2 and 3 in your league, good value, imo

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's a solid 5-6yrs left for QBs these days, if not more!

I feel like it's easy to underestimate QB career length since defenses can't hit QBs anymore, they last longer. Chase should be solid for the next 8-10yrs though, so I get it.
A handful of guys yes it is, but never was the norm, just wasnt comfotable banking on it, even though hes deceptively productive. He also was an old rookie so not as much wear and tear
flip it to ARob or McLauren then, I like all 4, lol

I like Brady a lot in Arians' offense. He's slinging it around, so sure, his efficiency goes down, but he's a win-now pick if you plan on competing this season. He'll outscore plenty of those QBs taken in round 2 and 3 in your league, good value, imo
agree on brady for this year, not sure if i am gonna compete this year, gotta see the next few rounds.