• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Live draft-dynasty startup

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other question is where to you value desaun watson

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id go taylor there... youngest, best team... and will catch enough to keep him on the field at all times... and as of now, no injury concerns... definitely the safest pick...

Barkley would be my go for the gold pick...

I second this thought process

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah guess the only other concern is taylors massive college workload

no statistical evidence that college workload impacts NFL performance, but understand the concern. human body can only take so much wear and tear

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I second this thought process

no statistical evidence that college workload impacts NFL performance, but understand the concern. human body can only take so much wear and tear
Yep in down to barkley or taylor and torn.

i can see barkley getting less receiving work with all the options there now.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or does cook enter the convo?

if you build a team to win now, then why not?
might only have another 1-2 years left - I'd be way more concerned with Cook's injury history than Taylor's workload.
Those cupcakes in the Big10 don't even know how to hit a RB hard! (jk)

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you build a team to win now, then why not?
might only have another 1-2 years left - I'd be way more concerned with Cook's injury history than Taylor's workload.
Those cupcakes in the Big10 don't even know how to hit a RB hard! (jk)
Okkkkkk taylor or barkley. Ugh i wanna swing for barkley…but concerned. Imho hes the best rb in the league.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okkkkkk taylor or barkley. Ugh i wanna swing for barkley…but concerned. Imho hes the best rb in the league.

I think that's the chalk play here, and prob what I'd end up doing, even though I think Taylor has the same ceiling, we've seen Barkley be a top 3 RB

the additions to receiver group should spread the D out a bit more for Barkley, imo

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's the chalk play here, and prob what I'd end up doing, even though I think Taylor has the same ceiling, we've seen Barkley be a top 3 RB

the additions to receiver group should spread the D out a bit more for Barkley, imo
I went barkley. Thank you for rhe help. 2.04 gets interesting. There will be massive value. But if joe burrow is there hes my pick.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And wilson and burrow go next. Geeze

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And wilson and burrow go next. Geeze
At this point, you commit to knowing you'll have shit QB's, continuing building the skill positions, as well as a near guaranteed high draft pick in '22 or, reach for whatever one of Stafford, Ryan, Carr, Goff..etc..make it back, praying that one of the ageless wonders makes it back in the 3rd.

Personally, I would commit, take Kittle (if what you said about TE's in this league is accurate), or Reek, or Taylor..and play for fun in year 1..acquiring as many '22 #1's as you can...cuz I ain't banking on a decent QB being around when your 3rd comes due

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, you commit to knowing you'll have shit QB's, continuing building the skill positions, as well as a near guaranteed high draft pick in '22 or, reach for whatever one of Stafford, Ryan, Carr, Goff..etc..make it back, praying that one of the ageless wonders makes it back in the 3rd.

Personally, I would commit, take Kittle (if what you said about TE's in this league is accurate), or Reek, or Taylor..and play for fun in year 1..acquiring as many '22 #1's as you can...cuz I ain't banking on a decent QB being around when your 3rd comes due
Yeah that may be an option too. No love for waller? I dunno that kittle goes kittle with the wrs and possibly a rookie qb who likes to run.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're aren't in that bad of a spot waiting on QB, just won't have the real difference makers on your roster in year 1 unless you hit on a breakout candidate.

Tannehill, Ryan, Hurts, Brady, Rodgers, Stafford, Watson, Cousins, Winston, Lance/Fields/Wilson (I wouldn't take more than 1 of that grouping)

again, nothing exciting going on there, but if you can get 2 of those guys on your roster after round 4 or 5, I think you're in great shape

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're aren't in that bad of a spot waiting on QB, just won't have the real difference makers on your roster in year 1 unless you hit on a breakout candidate.

Tannehill, Ryan, Hurts, Brady, Rodgers, Stafford, Watson, Cousins, Winston, Lance/Fields/Wilson (I wouldn't take more than 1 of that grouping)

again, nothing exciting going on there, but if you can get 2 of those guys on your roster after round 4 or 5, I think you're in great shape
right, but now im in a position that I have to move at 2.04 for a mediocre qb. If i wait, im basically out on qbs. 9 of the first 12 were qbs.

Im actually thinking of taking watson. Sure it may blow up, but hes a a top dynasty qb if hes on the field.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that may be an option too. No love for waller? I dunno that kittle goes kittle with the wrs and possibly a rookie qb who likes to run.
Meh, I love Waller, but since his early career was such a CF (self imposed), you've gotta remember he's already basically 29, Kittle is just shy of 28..and for all my Waller love, he ain't Kittle anyways..if your gonna go there early, just as well get the best.

As to Monkeys thoughts...it sure seems like there's still a strong handful..but every team needs two. There's what, 6 picks between you first and 2nd? And 2 have already been QB's? Which means at least two more will be, possibly 4 or more. Then sure, you get one of those names...then it's 18 picks until you go again, 6 of those teams have already committed to getting strong QB play locked down, I promise you half, or more,, of them will take their 2nd QB before it gets back to you. The dude who took CMAC?? He's a lock to take one, if not 2...which out of the 10-12 dudes Monkey listed, you have one, and I'm going with a minimum of 8 others gone, most likely 10, leaving negative 2 to choose from.
Risky move to go QB and leave those studs there if you have such a slight chance at getting a strong #2 on the way back. And if you don't have 2 strong ones, you'd just as well be strong elsewhere

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be in the minority here but i would not waste my time on RB early. Most of their shelf life is expired already.
If you want to target the QB, so be it, but load up on WR and you will not be disappointed.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I love Waller, but since his early career was such a CF (self imposed), you've gotta remember he's already basically 29, Kittle is just shy of 28..and for all my Waller love, he ain't Kittle anyways..if your gonna go there early, just as well get the best.

As to Monkeys thoughts...it sure seems like there's still a strong handful..but every team needs two. There's what, 6 picks between you first and 2nd? And 2 have already been QB's? Which means at least two more will be, possibly 4 or more. Then sure, you get one of those names...then it's 18 picks until you go again, 6 of those teams have already committed to getting strong QB play locked down, I promise you half, or more,, of them will take their 2nd QB before it gets back to you. The dude who took CMAC?? He's a lock to take one, if not 2...which out of the 10-12 dudes Monkey listed, you have one, and I'm going with a minimum of 8 others gone, most likely 10, leaving negative 2 to choose from.
Risky move to go QB and leave those studs there if you have such a slight chance at getting a strong #2 on the way back. And if you don't have 2 strong ones, you'd just as well be strong elsewhere
its good points, not sure what I want to do, we'll see ugh. Id take hurts if i knew he would be the guy
I may be in the minority here but i would not waste my time on RB early. Most of their shelf life is expired already.
If you want to target the QB, so be it, but load up on WR and you will not be disappointed.
lol i took barkley

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its good points, not sure what I want to do, we'll see ugh. Id take hurts if i knew he would be the guy

lol i took barkley
I like Hurts..I do think he's the guy, unless he blows it this year. That sucks, cuz it could definitely happen. I've taken a couple leaps of faith on him in slightly over priced trades. But a few rookie draft picks, and a premium startup draft pick are entirely different levels

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Hurts..I do think he's the guy, unless he blows it this year. That sucks, cuz it could definitely happen. I've taken a couple leaps of faith on him in slightly over priced trades. But a few rookie draft picks, and a premium startup draft pick are entirely different levels
Well with his rushing at 2.04 i dont have in issue taking him. Hes got a nice floor with massive upside….maybe?

god i could take cook or kamara but two rbs kills me