• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Little room for changes.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hernandez and Galvis are out of options. They will most likely be on MLB roster. Howard needs to go away. Franco should get a chance to start every day at 1st base. Ruf and Sizemore will be the backup outfielders. We will need a backup catcher. Probably should add a mid level starter as well. If we can sign Tomas then either Byrd or Brown should go. What scares me the most is the fact that Amaro said he wants to build around Brown. Keeping Brown is a negative in my opinion. I would rather have Byrd for another year and send Brown packing. What do you think?

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hernandez and Galvis are out of options. They will most likely be on MLB roster. Howard needs to go away. Franco should get a chance to start every day at 1st base. Ruf and Sizemore will be the backup outfielders. We will need a backup catcher. Probably should add a mid level starter as well. If we can sign Tomas then either Byrd or Brown should go. What scares me the most is the fact that Amaro said he wants to build around Brown. Keeping Brown is a negative in my opinion. I would rather have Byrd for another year and send Brown packing. What do you think?

Did you just make that up about amaro saying that?

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you just make that up about amaro saying that?

No I did not. Recently Amaro listed 6 guys he would like to build around. Among them was Franco, Asche Nola, Galvis and and Ruf. Giles wcould be another. Frankly it will be difficult for me to watch the Phillies next year if Brown is still starting for them.

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I did not. Recently Amaro listed 6 guys he would like to build around. Among them was Franco, Asche Nola, Galvis and and Ruf. Giles wcould be another. Frankly it will be difficult for me to watch the Phillies next year if Brown is still starting for them.

Come on I don't believe it. I know amaro is fucked up but that is beyond any reason. How can you build around a .225 hitter (brown), a utility infielder (galvis), & a backup outfielder (ruf)? He didn't say that. Give me the link to the quote.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on I don't believe it. I know amaro is fucked up but that is beyond any reason. How can you build around a .225 hitter (brown), a utility infielder (galvis), & a backup outfielder (ruf)? He didn't say that. Give me the link to the quote.

Here we go again. Rebuilding the Phille way. Go to yardbarker. Reported on oct,30. Ruf and Brown are on the list. Galvis was not.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a link either but I found the article. Here is the part he's talking about

"We want to make sure we're implementing the things we've decided are important in the organization," Amaro said. "We're just looking to try to move forward."
"More than anything else, we're trying to get younger first and foremost," Amaro said. "That's the main priority. We're trying to have a shift, a process where - whether you want to call it rebuilding, or redevelopment, or whatever you want to call it - it's time for us to change gears and look for younger, more controllable players we think can help build us a new core and move it forward."
With a plan moving forward to get younger, Amaro focused on a couple of names he believes this team can build around include the likes of Cody Asche, Darin Ruf, Ben Revere, top prospect Maikel Franco and even Domonic Brown. Beginning to restructure the team will take plenty of effort as the Phillies aim to create a better enviornment for their player development, which has struggled significantly thanks in large part to prospects received in trades that never panned out.
"Those are all younger players who need to be surrounded by quality people and players who can help us develop them as players and people," Amaro said.
"The thought process is to design our decisions around rebuilding and identifying a new core of players that we can look to more on a long-term basis."

Now if anyone can actually interpret what any of that shit means, I'd be impressed. Blah blah blah, process, fit the mold blah blah blah core players blah blah blah ........

I'm surprised he didn't say they had a "paradigm shift"......

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does Amaro really mean? The young players will be surrounded by aging vets who can teach them the game. Amaro will never have a clue. He is not a baseball guy. He does however know how to spend money. If Montgomery stays out of the picture Amaro will be forced to change. IMO.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does Amaro really mean? The young players will be surrounded by aging vets who can teach them the game. Amaro will never have a clue. He is not a baseball guy. He does however know how to spend money. If Montgomery stays out of the picture Amaro will be forced to change. IMO.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense. The one positive thing that could happen is if they go after the young cuban guy. That is money well spent, as opposed to loading up on more AJ Burnett type veterans (who is not coming back by the way, which is fine with me). I agree, they would be better off without Howard this year. They need a spot to see if Franco can hit in the majors.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burnett has until Monday to exorcise a 12.75 million dollar contract. The Phillies opted out on a mutual 15.75 million dollar contract. Hope he retires so we can spend that money elsewhere!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stating that Amaro knows how to spend money is not imparting him any special skills other than stating reality. You and I could do the same and I guarantee you, Northeast, you'd do a better job with your eyes closed as could everyone else on this board. This dufus is so out of his element I am still trying to figure out how he got his job and how he still holds it. It must be politically motivated-some sort of immigration issue bullshit.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we're going to see a lot of changes. I think they'll gamble that Brown is capable of a "bounce-back" year which can happen. Flip a coin. Galvis hasn't showed anyone that he's more than a .200 hitter, if that.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stating that Amaro knows how to spend money is not imparting him any special skills other than stating reality. You and I could do the same and I guarantee you, Northeast, you'd do a better job with your eyes closed as could everyone else on this board. This dufus is so out of his element I am still trying to figure out how he got his job and how he still holds it. It must be politically motivated-some sort of immigration issue bullshit.

Funny stuff Retro! I think it is safe to say that Amaro has been bullet proof because of Montgomery. Amaro procrastinates on promoting farm players and then giving them playing time. He then blocks them out by signing vets. He always thinks that he can buy a team that will win. That in effect is why people have said that farm players must wait until they are 25 years old before they get a chance for a call up.
He also thinks that the best way to use minor leaguers is to trade them. Amaros hands will be tied so he can't do those things at random anymore. Gillick and the other owners will be guiding him. I hope!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus that assistant GM they hired from Atlanta may finally influence the idiot owner and maybe even Gillick to get it through their thick heads that Steinbrenner in New York has alredy proved you can't buy a winner. Maybe he'll show these knuckleheads that a better way to return this franchise to winning ways is to infuse the team with young talent and use judicious trading to dump salaries or hope like in the case of Burnett that they decide they've had enough and not come back.