• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Plan for this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off remember, this was a weird season from the start. Nobody should really be upset with whatever happens. At this point just have a season is good enough for me.

My plan was to start Sept 26th and that is still the plan. What I need to decide is a few things on waivers.

I would like to have a waiver before our first game (as we always do)

One thing I will do is anyone who has opted out or their conferene has opted out (we will know what the Big 10 is doing before the first week of waiver hopefully) those guys can go on a restricted list. You still own their rights but they don't count against your roster. For example for me.

Below my roster on the roster page I would have:

Opt outs
Frank Daby, WR, Arizona State
Cammon Cooper, QB, Washington State
Markese Stepp, RB, USC

Yada, Yada, Yada

An opt out would be a conference that opted out or a player such as Sage Surratt, Kennedy Brooks, etc. Not an injury or suspension like a Khalan Laborn or Dominick Blaylock, etc.

That part I am doing for sure. You can protect them for if anything changes (more details to come on that as we get closer to waivers) that way they can remain keeper options etc.

The part I am asking for opinion on is this.

Week 1 waivers (week before our season starts) I thought about doing a draft, but that just seems to complicated at this point to figure out a way and get everyone engaged for a 5 round draft or whatever.

Would you rather week 1 we all get 50 points (lose it if you don't use it) to spend on waiver pickups and then week 2 we go back to our normal way of everyone starting with 100? Or would you rather just keep 100 total and don't do the week 1 money where it doesn't count on the season total?

I need feedback or else I will just make a decision.

Feedback appreciated. I am not going to account for members who don't voice an opinion. This is your chance to give feedback and if it is torn or not many people reply I will go with my own decision after listening to feedback from others.

Lastly, and I think everyone is on the same page here. This is a unique year so please don't make this year a big deal. Just go with the flow, try and so much is out of our hands and has to do with luck anyway. If you go 0-8 oh darn, you had some bad luck. Just try your best. Right now I have 1 QB active, many of you have other issues with your roster due to opt out. Just have fun and make the most of it. There is no money involved.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the week 1 (50 pt waiver money use/lose it)

then Week 2 everyone starting with 100 for the rest of the year, but I am fine with either.

Odd year so I am good with going with flow.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I feel like nobody in this league cares so may just flip a coin. Nobody seems to really add any input.

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything sounds good to me. Either option is fine. If I have to vote I will, but doesn’t matter. Fine with you deciding if nobody else cares.

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of me feels if nobody is gonna give feedback it might be easier to go with our normal 100 points. I like the opt outs reserved list. That makes sense to me. So I don’t have to cut half my roster since I am big 10 heavy.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like we will find out a decision from the big 10 today. So after that I will start a transaction thread were people can place playes on Covid opt out. If a team/player returns from opt out they will go back on active roster and the person will have to cut a player to make room for that player on active roster. This will be a major go with the flow and be open minded this year to make this all work.

I must approve all players on opt out reserved.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could just give everyone more points or take away the 5 point min for the first week so guys can reinforce their rosters.
Or a combo of both

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF the big 10 decides today they will start Oct 17th then Big 10 players will not be eligible to be on opt out list etc. So we will wait to hear from them.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could just give everyone more points or take away the 5 point min for the first week so guys can reinforce their rosters.
Or a combo of both

I do like this idea. Maybe no minimum requirement week 1. I may just go with that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that too. Simple and makes it easy on you in a weird season.

100 points as normal.

Week 1- No minimum

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thought to add in is two waiver weeks week 1.

I want to see what the Big 10 does today, but might be smart to have two waivers because of so many players missing. If someone misses out on 3 QB's they can have the next day to pick someone up. It might make sense in this rare season for week 1 to have two waiver days. Some could get screwed out by not being high bidder on a few players and risking not getting enough players to field a team in week 1.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point. I just want a little something for the season for us. I really hate to see someone not able to field a team because of so many opt outs, etc.

Here would be my plan

- See what the big 10 does today
- Week 1 waivers, no minimum, first waiver next Tuesday and a second waiver next Wed.
- 100 points on the season
- Opt out restricted list. These players are from any conferences not playing or players who have opted out. You can protect them on opt out list so they are keeper eligible, but they don't count against your roster. Unless they opt back in.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thought to add in is two waiver weeks week 1.

I want to see what the Big 10 does today, but might be smart to have two waivers because of so many players missing. If someone misses out on 3 QB's they can have the next day to pick someone up. It might make sense in this rare season for week 1 to have two waiver days. Some could get screwed out by not being high bidder on a few players and risking not getting enough players to field a team in week 1.

then we have one this week and next?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say next week two waivers... I don't feel we are prepared to do the first waivers this week. People really don't know what is going on as we wait a bit here. Might make more sense to give people more time and do two days of waivers next week, and then get on with your normal schedule the following week.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say next week two waivers... I don't feel we are prepared to do the first waivers this week. People really don't know what is going on as we wait a bit here. Might make more sense to give people more time and do two days of waivers next week, and then get on with your normal schedule the following week.

waivers this Friday and next Wednesday?

hard to do 2 in a single week

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
waivers this Friday and next Wednesday?

hard to do 2 in a single week

Yeah- We could do this.

I will come up with a timeline tonight and send it out to people.

Thanks for the help the 3 of you have given.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point. I just want a little something for the season for us. I really hate to see someone not able to field a team because of so many opt outs, etc.

Here would be my plan

- See what the big 10 does today
- Week 1 waivers, no minimum, first waiver next Tuesday and a second waiver next Wed.
- 100 points on the season
- Opt out restricted list. These players are from any conferences not playing or players who have opted out. You can protect them on opt out list so they are keeper eligible, but they don't count against your roster. Unless they opt back in.

I'm good with this.

This whole season is going to be up in the air the whole way anyway, with "postponements" and what not.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with this.

This whole season is going to be up in the air the whole way anyway, with "postponements" and what not.

Thanks for the feedback. Agree. Just gotta go with something.

I am waiting on this Nebraska official: Big Ten decision later Tuesday

and then hopefully tonight post full directions. If Big 10 delays the decision Ill still post a timeline, but their decision could make things a bit easier on us if we know when/if they are playing. Won't change much we will still do the waivers etc and have the same amount of games most likely but waiting to get this information to see if anything needs to be tweaked.

Status
Not open for further replies.