• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions trade for NT Haloti Ngata

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those two picks aint shit. We all would just be sitting back "hoping" those picks would turn into some ultimate player when in reality, they probably wouldnt. Ill take Ngata
You're making sense.....apparently we're not allowed to do that here...

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im actually wondering who could come up with something better, while keeping things rather cheap (not giving up two picks).

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^according to some in here just about anyone could.... but I digress

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're making sense.....apparently we're not allowed to do that here...

I'll never understand you Mayhew groupies. You admit he can't draft yet praise him. If you know late round picks don't mean shit to this team why do you continue to support him?

The Ravens will somehow turn those picks into one or two starters, cause that's whet the best teams do.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aquiring Ngata at least gives them a chance to re-up and not make desperation moves. It may bring down the price for Fairley too.

THIS

and just for clarification purposes, I never stated that a 4th round or 5th round draft pick of ours this year, would have panned out

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im actually wondering who could come up with something better, while keeping things rather cheap (not giving up two picks).

Probably nobody, I certainly cant.

I'm not unhappy at all to have acquired him. But why should anyone be pleased that we finally did something good in an effort to correct a situation that we created that was even worse.

That's like saying a suicide pact is a good idea because everyone is in agreement. We made a very bad situation a little better and it cost us to do so. Happy to have the player, unhappy that our GM got schooled......again.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why give up picks? Obviously the Ravens were not going to pay him and cut him. Why not just sign him as a FA???

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never understand you Mayhew groupies. You admit he can't draft yet praise him. If you know late round picks don't mean shit to this team why do you continue to support him?

The Ravens will somehow turn those picks into one or two starters, cause that's whet the best teams do.
If you think I'm a Mayhew groupie....then you're sick in the head dude.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why give up picks? Obviously the Ravens were not going to pay him and cut him. Why not just sign him as a FA???

Perhaps the Lions front office agrees with you that Free Agents won't come here.......

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From waht I have read from most people so far is it is pretty split, a lot of people feel like it was way to much, and a lot feel like it was not enough for Ngata. That is on both Lions and Ravens. Maybe that means it was a good trade? I don't know, I would feel better about it if they also bring back fairly or sign Knighton

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other teams have more money to spend. Thats why you dont let him go to FA.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not a Mayhew groupie. In fact, you never hear me voice my opinion on him.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
considering the position we WERE IN, not having a quality starting DT/NT, I'd say we should all be breathing with a sigh of relief at this point. Terrance Knighton coming here ? any word of rumor there ? NO. same for Dan Williams and Langford and Fairley.

we should feel blessed at this juncture, IMHO..... losing draft picks that none of us know if they'd worked out or not is a MOOT POINT.... was it too much, Bill Polian says it was...

I'm just GD glad we have 1 quality starter at DT/NT...

thank you very much
sincerely

#1 Dipshit

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To that question I think I actually have an answer, but it still will fall into the same overall premise.....desperation.

Millenhew absolutely HAD to get something done. Given the way that $ is being thrown around its a likely bet that he knew the Lions might very well get outbid. The trade acquired his rights, so no risk of losing a bidding war.

A trade was the only option, on that end Millenhew did it right. But he got schooled on value because he backed himself into a corner and the Ravens knew it. To that end he is what he is, a Millen trained moron.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
considering the position we WERE IN, not having a quality starting DT/NT, I'd say we should all be breathing with a sigh of relief at this point. Terrance Knighton coming here ? any word of rumor there ? NO. same for Dan Williams and Langford and Fairley.

we should feel blessed at this juncture, IMHO..... losing draft picks that none of us know if they'd worked out or not is a MOOT POINT.... was it too much, Bill Polian says it was...

I'm just GD glad we have 1 quality starter at DT/NT...

thank you very much
sincerely

#1 Dipshit

I just read Knighton is getting pissed off because both Denver and Oakland low-balled him. Imagine if we rolled his fat ass in here next to NGata's fat ass.

Thats a whole lotta fat ass in the middle of that defense. I don't think we are going that route, but we can always dream.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Desperation? There's many teams in the league making desperation moves and we're all witnessing it first hand. The champs have no current CB worth anything at the moment. They may get desperate. Lions arent the only ones.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read Knighton is getting pissed off because both Denver and Oakland low-balled him. Imagine if we rolled his fat ass in here next to NGata's fat ass.

Thats a whole lotta fat ass in the middle of that defense. I don't think we are going that route, but we can always dream.
Possible

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knighton coming here ?.... I'd be **zzing for months having Ngata and Knighton.. no joke... I'd buy the whole board a hoe