• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions stigma: suck down the stretch

FamineGod

Affectedly Disingenuous
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember the 90's, when the Lions made the post season 6 out of 10 years?

Good times.

Yep. Millen completely and systematically dismantled that...culminating in what everyone thought was impossible to happen in today's NFL...0-16.

Since then, Mayhew has rebuilt the team to make the playoffs once and contend for the playoffs last year. I think we'd be a lot further along today had that 2011 draft not been a complete disaster (which is Mayhew's biggest fault and F, in my mind).

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how many of those 10 years has Mayhew been GM for?

You can take out the Millen years and they're still worst in the NFL over the same amount of years just w Mayhew. He is literally, the worst GM in the NFL. Record speaks for itself.

I'd like to see what a new GM with some real pull getting a real HC could do with the few pieces of stand out talent we have.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree that they were playoff contenders last year. Losing 7 of their last 9 was not what I would consider a playoff contender, despite what their first half season record may have been.

FamineGod

Affectedly Disingenuous
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree that they were playoff contenders last year. Losing 7 of their last 9 was not what I would consider a playoff contender, despite what their first half season record may have been.

Were they or were they not contending for a playoff spot...and winning the division...within the last couple weeks of the season?

FamineGod

Affectedly Disingenuous
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can take out the Millen years and they're still worst in the NFL over the same amount of years just w Mayhew. He is literally, the worst GM in the NFL. Record speaks for itself.

I'd like to see what a new GM with some real pull getting a real HC could do with the few pieces of stand out talent we have.

Here you go...their record this decade is 27-38. That ranks them 23rd over that time period.

So he is literally NOT the worst GM in the NFL. The record does speak for itself.

2010's

FamineGod

Affectedly Disingenuous
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been with the team all 10. 13, to be exact.

As GM...calling the shots?

Yes, he was under Millen. Yes, he deserves some guilt by association. However, you can't honestly put the record of the team with Millen as GM on him...unless you know for sure that Millen always went on Mayhew's advice. From what I've heard/read, that is certainly not the case.

What we do know is the team's record with Mayhew as the GM. It has certainly not been worst in the league.

FamineGod

Affectedly Disingenuous
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And which "real HC" could Mayhew not pull? Whisenhunt? You think he's light years better than Caldwell? I'd call them about equal. Both have some pluses, as well as a few minuses.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Famin - do you think Mayhew and LewAAnd get fired if no playoffs this year? In other words, do you buy the "playoffs or bust" war cry this year?

And if not, what does Mayhew have to do to get fired?
.[/QUOTE]

Scary question... it took a 0-16 season to get rid of by IMO the worst GM EVER!!!! After showing years of shitty drafting and product.

Only thing that can help is the kid thinks different than his dad.

Last edited by a moderator:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no clue what the fuck happened to quote box... first time that happened. The question of to get fired was in bold also. HMMMM

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here you go...their record this decade is 27-38. That ranks them 23rd over that time period.

So he is literally NOT the worst GM in the NFL. The record does speak for itself.

2010's

I was more impressed, well not impressed but shocked that over that span the points for/points against was in positive. Albeit by .3. Must of really out scored people in the wins with some very shitty seasons.

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's logical thinking. Mayhew has had a hand in personal for almost 15 years. The record (and many second half losses) speak for itself. New coach, same Lions.

Same old song and dance.

Ya Tom LewAAnd said the same thing. Then all the coaches who were supposed to be in awe of our mighty talent told Mayhew to fuck off.

And yet the Lions still lost 7 of their last 9. My point.

Golden Tate isn't enough to turn around a team who's lost 17 or 19 second half of the season games the last 2 years.

Every team doesn't have a giant hole in one entire single unit like the Lions do with their corners every single year.

I'm probably the biggest fan here, certainly one of them, and most definitely more than the Mayhew lovers who suddenly expect something new and different from him THIS year after so many years of shitty seasons with him as our GM.

Real fans demand change. Fans who just keep supporting the same guy who keeps pumping out shitty year after shitty year aren't really Lions fans at all, they're Mayhew fans. You cheer for the logo, not the incompetent fuck behind it.
Your response was what I expected... garbage.

FamineGod

Affectedly Disingenuous
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your response was what I expected... garbage.

Cool. Keep cheering for the biggest loser in the NFL. You probably think Obama is doing is great job too.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Martin Mayhew Lions have lost 17 of 19 second half of the season games and you guys still find ways to support the guy.

Rod fucking Marinelli made second half of the season collapses hip years ago.

Same old Lions, same old Lions fans drinking the Mayhew Kool-Aid.